PDA

View Full Version : Lady Aggies Advance

zebrablue2
05-30-2008, 09:04 PM
2-1 over La. Lafayette. Was a very good game by both teams. Lady Ags lucky to win this one, LL had the bases loaded with 1 out in the 6th and only got 1. A & M scores 1 in the top of the 7th to win.

NastySlot
05-30-2008, 09:12 PM
i'll take lucky right now....the real big play was after the stolen base the lazy throw back to the pitcher that got away and allowed the runner to advance to third......idk if she would have scored from second on the base hit up the middle....would have been a close play at the plate...............................sometimes when your playing this late in the year you need a little luck..but i always believe you make your own luck.

PutMeInCoach
05-30-2008, 09:36 PM
Yes, the lazy throw was the a lucky break for the Aggies. I too don't know if the runner would have scored from 2nd on the hit up the middle, but it would have make a heck of a play at the plate.

pirate4state
05-30-2008, 10:08 PM
:clap: :clap:

Nice win for the Lady Aggies!! It's be fun watching them play. I hope they can win it all!! :2thumbsup

NastySlot
05-30-2008, 11:29 PM
the ags have done a good job of playing heads up and taking advantage of two miscues the last two days......Gibsons hustle down the line lead to the errant throw by the va tech third base which allowed a runner to score in game one...if she dogs it down the line on what looked to be a routine 5-3 ground.....no run....Lopriess heads up base running gets her to third and scores on base hit.........................these are examples i will use as doing the little things right......and the little things done right will put you in a position to win.

Panther One
05-31-2008, 12:21 AM
Lobpries would have scored from second on that hit and I don't think it would have been that close. It wasn't a very sharply hit ball, but rather a soft liner to center. In softball, the ball's got to get to the outfielder pretty dang quick and then it takes almost a perfect throw to get a runner with good speed at home, especially with two outs and the runner going on contact.

The Ags had some good fortune, but had their share of tough breaks in the game, too. With runners on second and third and one out in the second, Morrow got hosed on a strike three call that was at least six inches off the plate. The same thing happened to Glasco in the 4th with runners on first and third and nobody out, though that one was only about four inches off the plate. Then in the sixth with Gibson on first and one down, Ridley gets hit on the wrist and it's ruled a foul ball, so the Ags miss out on a chance at two on with one out. The ump behind the plate wasn't very good and his refusal to give a batter time was about rediculous.

I thought the one coaching mistake Coach Evans made was not running for Gibson in the 6th. Of course, had she known that Ridley was going to foul off ten pitches and that Megan would be taking the softball running lead over and over and over, she probably would have run for her. It was in the bottom of that inning when ULL put together some good swings on a slightly fatigued Megan Gibson. We probably should have gotten her back in the dugout to rest up for the circle, but hindsight's 20/20.

Ags will face either Virginia Tech, Florida, or UCLA on Sunday needing to win one of two to advance to the championship. VT and Florida face off tomorrow afternoon with the winner facing UCLA tomorrow night.

zebrablue2
05-31-2008, 07:47 AM
Originally posted by Panther One
Lobpries would have scored from second on that hit and I don't think it would have been that close. It wasn't a very sharply hit ball, but rather a soft liner to center. In softball, the ball's got to get to the outfielder pretty dang quick and then it takes almost a perfect throw to get a runner with good speed at home, especially with two outs and the runner going on contact.

The Ags had some good fortune, but had their share of tough breaks in the game, too. With runners on second and third and one out in the second, Morrow got hosed on a strike three call that was at least six inches off the plate. The same thing happened to Glasco in the 4th with runners on first and third and nobody out, though that one was only about four inches off the plate. Then in the sixth with Gibson on first and one down, Ridley gets hit on the wrist and it's ruled a foul ball, so the Ags miss out on a chance at two on with one out. The ump behind the plate wasn't very good and his refusal to give a batter time was about rediculous.

I thought the one coaching mistake Coach Evans made was not running for Gibson in the 6th. Of course, had she known that Ridley was going to foul off ten pitches and that Megan would be taking the softball running lead over and over and over, she probably would have run for her. It was in the bottom of that inning when ULL put together some good swings on a slightly fatigued Megan Gibson. We probably should have gotten her back in the dugout to rest up for the circle, but hindsight's 20/20.

Ags will face either Virginia Tech, Florida, or UCLA on Sunday needing to win one of two to advance to the championship. VT and Florida face off tomorrow afternoon with the winner facing UCLA tomorrow night.

two of blues punch-outs were indeed way off of the plate. he sure was proud of his punch called strike three and I guess, wanted to show it off. you are correct in that in his not being very good was his not being consistent. after one called strike three, the pitch to the next batter was 3 inches inside of the last called strike, and was called a ball. also the illegal pitches on the LL pitcher had to be boarderline at best. she was not called for it once the day before on 180 plus pitches. umps need to be more consistent at this level..

GetRDoneStangs
05-31-2008, 09:15 AM
I am glad to see that I wasn't the only one to think the home plate ump was not consistant on the outside pithes to left handed batters!! I was going nuts yelling at the tv (enter wife and told to cool it!!)....it was really pissing me off!

The Ags are playing like Champions and are getting it done, no matter how you score it iis the final SCORE that matters!

Good luck to the Lady Ags on Sunday!!

:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

pirate4state
05-31-2008, 10:59 AM
Originally posted by GetRDoneStangs
I am glad to see that I wasn't the only one to think the home plate ump was not consistant on the outside pithes to left handed batters!! I was going nuts yelling at the tv (enter wife and told to cool it!!)....it was really pissing me off!

HAHA - I'm glad I'm not the only one with this affliction. :D I like yelling at the tv too!! :doh: :D

crabman
05-31-2008, 10:40 PM
FYI Jamie Lobpries is from Wharton.

Panther One
05-31-2008, 10:59 PM
Aggies will face top seeded Florida tomorrow needing to win one of two to advance to the championship. These two faced off in College Station last year in the Super Regional round with the Aggies taking 2 of 3. And call it a hunch, but I have a feeling Lobpries is going to come up big for the Ags again tomorrow...