PDA

View Full Version : Any Lawyers On Board??/

rockdale80
05-30-2008, 06:04 PM
If so shoot me a PM. I have a legal question and need some guidance.

orange machine
05-30-2008, 06:20 PM
Is your question criminal or civil? If it is criminal i can prolly help you.

ronwx5x
05-30-2008, 06:21 PM
Originally posted by orange machine

Speaking from experience?

:evilgrin:

rockdale80
05-30-2008, 06:28 PM
Originally posted by orange machine

Real estate

orange machine
05-30-2008, 06:37 PM
Originally posted by ronwx5x
Speaking from experience?

:evilgrin:

Kind of i arrest good old criminals everyday.

orange machine
05-30-2008, 06:37 PM
Originally posted by rockdale80
Real estate

Sorry cant help you.

rockdale80
05-30-2008, 06:53 PM
Well the house I am a tenant in is being foreclosed upon. I know my legal rights as a tenant in regards to the new buyer, but was wondering what my rights are in regards to my deposit and moving costs incurred due to landlord negligance leading to termination of a lease. I have lived here for 6 months and I have never been late on rent. the property is currently in the redemption stage so we still have another month before the foreclosure sale, and if the loan is not brought current I have the option of a cash for keys(if offered by new buyer) or a 30 day grace period to move out before an actual eviction can take place. So essentially I could end up on the short end of the stick and I didnt do anything wrong. My landlord hasn't said anything to me, but I work for an asset management company so I see the scheduled foreclosure sales before most of the general public. :(

KingRob
05-30-2008, 07:06 PM
From what I have read, you are basically screwed. You can take the landlord to small claims court, but you are going to be in a long line of creditors after the same guy.

Sorry this happened to you, but I think you're going to have to get out of there asap, and take your losses.:( :(

rockdale80
05-30-2008, 07:21 PM
Originally posted by KingRob
From what I have read, you are basically screwed. You can take the landlord to small claims court, but you are going to be in a long line of creditors after the same guy.

Sorry this happened to you, but I think you're going to have to get out of there asap, and take your losses.:( :(

True. The funny thing is he is a very well known realtor in Austin and has several dozen rental properties. I am not going to say any names in hopes he will get this taken care. According to the paperwork I have seen, he has 75k in equity on this 160k home, which is mind boggling to me. Why would he let it go? On the flip side I am going to attend the foreclosure sale and may be able to purchase the property for pretty cheap. I have also thought about making him an offer for a short sale that would cover the mortgage he owes plus 25k worth of equity. We shall see.