PDA

View Full Version : How will Gilmer fair next year?

easttexas3a
05-30-2008, 04:25 PM
Once John Tyler was done in the regular season I watched Gilmer all the way throuhg the playoffs have a really good team and then play badly against a outstanding Liberty Hill team.

I was wanting to know will Gilmer be able to play at that level again this year, and what are the chances of these two running into eachother again?

Old Tiger
05-30-2008, 04:27 PM
Originally posted by easttexas3a
Once John Tyler was done in the regular season I watched Gilmer all the way throuhg the playoffs have a really good team and then play badly against a outstanding Liberty Hill team.

I was wanting to know will Gilmer be able to play at that level again this year, and what are the chances of these two running into eachother again? I don't think they played badly I just think they were dominated up front by the LH defensive/offensive line.

Sweetwater Red
05-30-2008, 04:29 PM
Originally posted by easttexas3a

I was wanting to know will Gilmer be able to play at that level again this year, and what are the chances of these two running into eachother again?

I can't answer your question but welcome to the board. We need more
East Texas posters.:thumbsup:

LH Panther Mom
05-30-2008, 04:30 PM
Originally posted by Sweetwater Red
I can't answer your question but welcome to the board. We need more
East Texas posters.:thumbsup:
Ditto! :clap:

easttexas3a
05-30-2008, 04:30 PM
they were definatly dominated in every facet of the game in the state game. I wasn't trying to step on any toes.

easttexas3a
05-30-2008, 04:32 PM
Thanks for welcoming me in, I live in Tyler area and graduated from john Tyler back when it was just Tyler High. I have a daughter who is going to school at Gilmer where her mother is so I try to go to as many as there games as well, she is a cheerleader :)

Old Tiger
05-30-2008, 04:38 PM
welcome to the board(i forgot to mention)..

the only experience I have with Tyler was the year Tyler Lee won state in 7on7 and real football they beat us in 7on7 like 40 something to 7. They had athletes everywhere that year

DU_stud04
05-30-2008, 04:43 PM
i cant wait to see how that young qb will play this year....lots of shoes to fill, but the backups got some good pt last year during the regular season. lets see how they reload this year.

injuredinmelee
05-30-2008, 04:47 PM
how am i the 7th person to respond and no one else has asked this question:

How was their recruiting class this year?

Ok maybe i am just immature.

easttexas3a
05-30-2008, 05:31 PM
Haha, on smoaky.com a lot of people always say that up anytime anyone says "gilmer". I was here when all that was going on and it was just a big blown up thing. Gilmer from what I have heard from my ex wife "not a great source" lost the entire O line, and the big RB they had, and a few leaders on D. She has told me that the class that will be Juniors this year is suppose to be loaded.

Gilmer the year they lost to L/E I thought was the best team Gilmer has ever had, which is why it was so shocking for them to have got knocked out in the first round that year, this past year I thought they would be very good but not on their level which they suprised us all by making it to state. My guess would be that they will be what they have been for quite some time, a great offensive team with a below average defense, and will have good coaching. I have seen their schedule and it is a very good schedule which should help them, last year I think they suffered from having a weak schedule.