PDA

View Full Version : Dear Western Conference Fans,

JR2004
05-30-2008, 03:42 PM
The natural order of things was restored last night. Your favorite team will be staring up at the Purple and Gold for the next decade as they win multiple titles. This is just the beginning. The Purple and Gold started running the conference again a year ahead of schedule!

Warmest Regards,

Extremely Arrogant Laker Fan

PS Russ you're the only non-Laker fan that this isn't for. :)

Oh and fans of the two eastern teams left. If you want a title you better get it this year because this will be the last chance either of your teams have to bring home a title for a long, long time.

Phil C
05-30-2008, 03:53 PM
You better get Chris Paul from New Orleans. He may give you trouble.

I hear Spurs are working up a trade for this year's no. 1 pick for Chris Paul along with a No. 2 next year. Also Lebron James may be coming to San Antonio for next year's No. 1 pick and Bret Berry.

Txbroadcaster
05-30-2008, 03:54 PM
The Lakers are rising at the right time..Does it mean multi-year reign, I dont know yet, alot of signs point to possible, but the West will be no easier next year so we shall see

Highschoolfan78
05-30-2008, 03:59 PM
Although Howard Stern would love for this to happen, it is highly unlikely for the Lakers to dominate the next decade. I believe the days of 3-peating are over. With salary caps and talent rising, No team will be able to remain on top year in and year out. I think the spurs will trade Manut in order to bring in something new and fresh. Let's face it, He says he's 30, but can we really trust foreign athletes about their age?(look at baseball) Manut played like he was old and worn down this past series. They keep Duncan, but build around Parker. Maybe bring in someone like Michael Redd.

Phil C
05-30-2008, 03:59 PM
Originally posted by Txbroadcaster
The Lakers are rising at the right time..Does it mean multi-year reign, I dont know yet, alot of signs point to possible, but the West will be no easier next year so we shall see

PLus Tx the East may improve also even though it may take time since the East in Chicago and Miami have the first two picks. Miami will be tough if Wade stays healthy and they get a great draft pick. Who knows maybe Shaq will come to Miami for one last year.

Maroon87
05-30-2008, 04:10 PM
Originally posted by JR2004
Extremely Arrogant Laker Fan

This is the only part of the entire post that's correct.

LH Panther Mom
05-30-2008, 04:22 PM
Originally posted by Maroon87
This is the only part of the entire post that's correct. :clap: :clap: :devil:

DU_stud04
05-30-2008, 04:38 PM
lakers....just beat the celtics...... i bet my roommate a pizza that a western conference team would win it this year.... i like pizza :)

zebrablue2
05-30-2008, 05:08 PM
This is the only part of the entire post that's correct.

so right you are.....

wildstangs
05-30-2008, 05:43 PM
GO LAKERS!!!

GreenMachine
05-30-2008, 08:03 PM
Originally posted by Highschoolfan78
Although Howard Stern would love for this to happen, it is highly unlikely for the Lakers to dominate the next decade. I believe the days of 3-peating are over. With salary caps and talent rising, No team will be able to remain on top year in and year out. I think the spurs will trade Manut in order to bring in something new and fresh. Let's face it, He says he's 30, but can we really trust foreign athletes about their age?(look at baseball) Manut played like he was old and worn down this past series. They keep Duncan, but build around Parker. Maybe bring in someone like Michael Redd. Get rid of Manu? You have got to be crazy. The whole city of SA would riot. Get rid of a great Spanish player in a predominately Spanish community...not going to happen. Too big a draw for San Antonian's. I am not Spanish and I think I would riot ;)

pirate4state
05-30-2008, 10:46 PM
This is the only part of the entire post that's correct. His post was actually very tame! It could have been alot worse. :D

HSF78 - Howard Stern? :confused: The radio guy?

jimmyceatworld
05-30-2008, 11:16 PM
Originally posted by pirate4state
His post was actually very tame! It could have been alot worse. :D

HSF78 - Howard Stern? :confused: The radio guy?

Pretty sure the person meant David Stern

Maroon87
05-31-2008, 12:00 PM
Originally posted by pirate4state
His post was actually very tame! It could have been alot worse. :D

I'm sure. I was just pointing out the only factual part of it.;)

Necks_Fan
05-31-2008, 12:05 PM
When Yao and Stevie Franchise come back, the Rockets will pound JR2004's precious Lakers.

:stirpot:

bandera7
05-31-2008, 11:50 PM
Oh wow. The rockets have to figure out how to get past the first round with TMAC

Necks_Fan
06-01-2008, 07:47 AM
Originally posted by bandera7
Oh wow. The rockets have to figure out how to get past the first round with TMAC How's about of they take the Lakers out in the first round.....

;)

Phil C
06-01-2008, 08:33 AM
JR is too young to remember the injury factor too.

GreenGobbla
06-02-2008, 02:29 PM
Originally posted by Necks_Fan
When Yao and Stevie Franchise come back, the Rockets will pound JR2004's precious Lakers.

:stirpot:

i doubt it...

eppy 12
06-02-2008, 02:33 PM
Originally posted by DU_stud04
lakers....just beat the celtics...... i bet my roommate a pizza that a western conference team would win it this year.... i like pizza :) you got 30 minutes;)