PDA

View Full Version : DIboll 21 - Carthage 0

big69
09-14-2003, 02:29 PM
Oh my God! Can ya'll believe that Diboll beat Carthage 21-0! Really nobody in Diboll can. We all thought it might be a blow out in favor of Carthage. To beat them is one thing but to shut them out by 21 points!!! Good job Jack's and good luck next week to both teams!

ThaRealBulldog
09-14-2003, 05:40 PM
That was a fluke

trojandad
09-14-2003, 07:01 PM
Definitely wasn't a fluke. Granted I've never seen more shoestring tackles in my life as Diboll had, but hey, they count. Diboll didn't seem to have the athletes over Carthage, but they definitely had a better QB. Carthage's QB took forever to wind up to throw the ball. And Carthage bought on the fakes with their defensive ends almost every play. I've already propped you guys, 69, great win.

big69
09-15-2003, 12:20 PM
Shoestring tackles or not, that bad@$$ RB they had only rushed for 59 yards. I guess he's not that tough. The defense was rushing the line hard and pressing them outside to let our CB's and FS get them, but that sure was no fluke my man. Carthage did have a real good team and very athletic one at that. Diboll was just ready to play some football and show them boys what District 20-3A is all about. Carthage better be glad they don't travel any farther south to Jasper or Newton. Trojandad, can't wait til Friday. Gonna be another good game to watch. Good Luck!

nigelmer
09-15-2003, 01:29 PM
I'm very good friends with several of the Carthage coaching staff...so I'm sure they'll agree with what I'm saying. 14-13...7-6...that can be considered a fluke. But beating someone 21-0 and holding the stud running back to under 60 isn't!!! Just be man enough to admit you got beat...and try again next week.

trojandad
09-15-2003, 01:41 PM
I agree 69, shoestring tackles count. I just got back from school watching the tape with the coaches, Carthage had almost 150 yards rushing called back for penalties on their part. That was the same officiating crew that we had in Trinity, and they were TERRIBLE, for both sides. You saw, even your announcer was scolding them from the pressbox. That crew needs to be gone. Our coach already said they'll go UIL before they get those guys again.

I agree with your assessment of the defensive scheme, it was good on Diboll's part. The one thing that was even more clear was the scouting for your offensive bunch. Your QB was throwing out of a fake before he even saw whether the receiver was open or not, many times he threw to a spot and THEN looked. That shows great preparation, your coaching bunch obviously saw holes in their zone and that was the way to get the advantage on their speed, for sure.

Good luck to you guys, too, it should be another good one, congrats on your top 25 ranking. Hope Matthew gives us a nod like that if we were able to beat you guys on your turf, but I won't hold my breath. LOL

j_dog
09-15-2003, 03:03 PM
69, Congratulations on the win. 20-3a is looking tough. :)

big69
09-15-2003, 03:12 PM
20-3A is looking tougher than everybody expected. Everybody knew Jasper and Newton would be tough and we were kind of skeptical about Kirbyville, but looks like they are pretty good this year and Diboll is steping up. But it is only week 3 and we will see just how tough it is going to be in a couple of weeks. Good luck to all the teams playing this week!

DibollGuy
09-15-2003, 08:19 PM
I think its kind of funny how everyone was talking down on us but you know what we kind of left the talking till after the game. It was a good game alot of carthage fans was sayin "blow out" an yes it was. Looking forward to a good game this friday vs Coldspring. Players to watch on the Diboll side #81 Corey Jones #99 David Raymond on the defense. An of course #45 Dj Mark Running back an Our QB #11 Luis Rios on the offense who can throw a mean hot pass :p

DibollGuy
09-15-2003, 08:20 PM
Oh an 21-0 isnt a fluke nt though heh.