PDA

View Full Version : Gas Prices

orange machine
05-30-2008, 12:28 AM
Anybody think the price of gas is going to go down and if so when? Gas surly cant keep going up like this it has to stop some where. Also i want to know what all these schools who have to drive 2 and 3 hours away are going to do?

XtremeCouture
05-30-2008, 12:36 AM
sorry to tell you this but unless the global supply of oil goes up and meets demand, prices will go up until we find an alternative fuel.

orange machine
05-30-2008, 01:02 AM
This gas issue blows. I just bought my ford fx4 4x4 last oct. and it looks like im going to have to just give it back to the bank because i cant afford the price of gas. What hurts even worse is my credit score is a 760 and now its going to just stink. I dont no what to do anymore. At the police dept. i work at we are getting rid of all our suv patrol vehicles and goin back to the crown vic.

Ranger Mom
05-30-2008, 08:31 AM
Originally posted by orange machine
This gas issue blows. I just bought my ford fx4 4x4 last oct. and it looks like im going to have to just give it back to the bank because i cant afford the price of gas. What hurts even worse is my credit score is a 760 and now its going to just stink. I dont no what to do anymore. At the police dept. i work at we are getting rid of all our suv patrol vehicles and goin back to the crown vic.

I feel your pain....we have 2 big chevy trucks and a Suburban....I started driving my daughters little S-10 that she left at the house, it gets way better gas mileage.

BreckTxLonghorn
05-30-2008, 08:45 AM

You can save your credit by selling the car and using the proceeds to pay off your truck. You may not make a profit, but you can buy a new car with good gas mileage and a great rate from a dealer with a high credit score like that.

STANG RED
05-30-2008, 09:04 AM
Ive noticed the price of crude has dropped a little the last 3 days, so maybe we will start seeing drops at the pumps soon.

BILLYFRED0000
05-30-2008, 09:08 AM
Yes it has dropped to about 127 at the crude level. Wholesale unleaded is selling around 3.35 per gallon. So it has not come down any yet. It is leveling off however and we could see a drop coming.

BILLYFRED0000
05-30-2008, 09:14 AM

Hey orange, is your truck new or used? There are ways out of a purchase like that but it depends on your position when you started in the purchase. I recommend leasing your way out if it becomes necessary and you want to save that credit rating. I used to be in the car business and there are always ways out of anything but it takes a lot of looking and car savvy to do it. I just picked up an explorer 4000 under book. That will get you out of a lot of negative equity if you can find a similar deal and with your credit score you will be able to get good financing.

Lion_Addict
05-30-2008, 09:50 AM
We're going on our 6 day mini-vacation to Houston & Galveston next weekend, and we are absolutely dreading the costs we're gonna be paying for the trip in our Explorer. Budgeted about $350 just for freaking gas! :foul: :bigcry:

SWMustang
05-30-2008, 10:09 AM
bought me a "new" 1990 Honda Accord for 1500 to drive back and forth to work. Gets about 25 MPG. Better than the 17 I was getting. I paid 3.85 for regular today.

LHMom
05-30-2008, 10:14 AM
Feb of 07 I traded my Ford 4-door F150 for a Pontiac Solstice. How smart am I?! Ha ha I really did it as a reward to myself for getting both my kids out of school and in to college. I do LOVE my car, and now I'm REALLY thankful for the better gas mileage I get. Truck only got 16, now I get 26. Yeah!!

garciap77
05-30-2008, 10:15 AM
Most of our track meets are in Dallas this summer! My son is trying to better himself for next year's track season, so if his is willing to put forth the effort (practices are M-F and sometimes Sat), I'm willing to put forth the money!

garciap77
05-30-2008, 10:17 AM
Originally posted by LHMom
Feb of 07 I traded my Ford 4-door F150 for a Pontiac Solstice. How smart am I?! Ha ha I really did it as a reward to myself for getting both my kids out of school and in to college. I do LOVE my car, and now I'm REALLY thankful for the better gas mileage I get. Truck only got 16, now I get 26. Yeah!!

That will help with college! Smart move!:clap: :clap: That's what parenting is all about!

Macarthur
05-30-2008, 10:21 AM
Originally posted by XtremeCouture
sorry to tell you this but unless the global supply of oil goes up and meets demand, prices will go up until we find an alternative fuel.

If you will look at one of the previous threads about oil, I posted some info about supply and demand. Only one quarter in the last several years has demand outstretched supply.

I don't buy the supply and demand thing. The world is still producing as much or slightly more than we need.

http://peakoildebunked.blogspot.com/2008/05/354-oil-supply-vs-prices.html

CenTexSports
05-30-2008, 10:23 AM
Wait til football season and you can't get any officials for your subvarsity games. They are cutting the pay from last year and there are a lot of guys talking about getting out.

Even 7 on 7 is having trouble getting officials. One this weekend is offering $20 per game for 3 games plus $5 for gas. They are begging for officials. In my case, I would have to drive 140 miles round trip with a new hemi that gets 12 miles a gallon. After getting something to eat and drink, I might make $12 to $15 dollars. I have decided not to go and I think many others won't either.

garciap77
05-30-2008, 10:31 AM
Originally posted by CenTexSports
Wait til football season and you can't get any officials for your subvarsity games. They are cutting the pay from last year and there are a lot of guys talking about getting out.

Even 7 on 7 is having trouble getting officials. One this weekend is offering $20 per game for 3 games plus $5 for gas. They are begging for officials. In my case, I would have to drive 140 miles round trip with a new hemi that gets 12 miles a gallon. After getting something to eat and drink, I might make $12 to $15 dollars. I have decided not to go and I think many others won't either.

More money will have to be offered or more officials will have to volunteer their services.:(

injuredinmelee
05-30-2008, 01:49 PM
did you know that the cost of gasoline in Venezuela is .12 a gallon. In Saudi Arabia it is .42?

SWMustang
05-30-2008, 01:58 PM
how much in France and Germany?

Ranger Mom
05-30-2008, 02:13 PM
Originally posted by SWMustang
how much in France and Germany?

According to this article, way more than it is here: This was done between March and April of this year.

U.S Gas: So cheap it hurts (http://http://money.cnn.com/2008/05/01/news/international/usgas_price/index.htm?postversion=2008050609)

Most expensive places to buy gas
Rank Country Price/gal
1. Eritrea $9.58
2. Norway $8.73
3. United Kingdom $8.38
4. Netherlands $8.37
5. Monaco $8.31
6. Iceland $8.28
7. Belgium $8.22
8. France $8.07
9. Germany $7.86
10. Portugal $7.84
108. United States $3.42

Where gasoline is cheapest
Rank Country Price/gal
1. Venezuela 12 cents
2. Iran 40 cents
3. Saudi Arabia 45 cents
4. Libya 50 cents
5. Swaziland 54 cents
6. Qatar 73 cents
7. Bahrain 81 cents
8. Egypt 89 cents
9. Kuwait 90 cents
10. Seychelles 98 cents
44. United States $3.45

155 countries surveyed between March 17 and April 1, 2008. Prices not adjusted for cost of living or exchange rates.

LH Panther Mom
05-30-2008, 02:31 PM

12 miles a gallon???? :doh: :doh: :doh: I'd like to feel bad, but I just can't, UNLESS it is business/job-related, then you may not have a choice.

In two weeks, I'll be driving to Lawrence, KS to Matador, to Canyon, then back home, between Friday & Sunday. I haven't even figured up yet how much I will need for gas, but it doesn't matter. My son and two of his teammates DO matter, so even though it blows, it's for a good reason.

STANG RED
05-30-2008, 02:35 PM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
According to this article, way more than it is here: This was done between March and April of this year.

U.S Gas: So cheap it hurts (http://http://money.cnn.com/2008/05/01/news/international/usgas_price/index.htm?postversion=2008050609)

Most expensive places to buy gas
Rank Country Price/gal
1. Eritrea $9.58

I had to look it up, since I had never heard of it.

http://www.state.gov/r/pa/ei/bgn/2854.htm

Eritrea is located in the Horn of Africa and is bordered on the northeast and east by the Red Sea, on the west and northwest by Sudan, on the south by Ethiopia, and on the southeast by Djibouti. The country has a high central plateau that varies from 1,800 to 3,000 meters (6,000-10,000 ft.) above sea level. A coastal plain, western lowlands, and some 300 islands comprise the remainder of Eritrea's landmass. Eritrea has no year-round rivers.

Area: 125,000 sq. km. (48,000 sq. mi.); about the size of Pennsylvania.
Cities: Capital--Asmara (est. pop. 435,000). Other cities--Keren (57,000); Assab (28,000); Massawa (25,000); Afabet (25,000); Tessenie (25,000); Mendefera (25,000); Dekemhare (20,000); Adekeieh (15,000); Barentu (15,000); Ghinda (15,000).

orange machine
05-30-2008, 03:26 PM
The problem im having with my truck is im up side down in it. I got rid of my jeep that i still owed on and got my truck because i have to baby girls now, but crap i cant afford the truck or my girls and im not even including my wife LOL. I love my wife and children, but hate the gas prices.

lv2937
05-30-2008, 05:03 PM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
12 miles a gallon???? :doh: :doh: :doh: I'd like to feel bad, but I just can't, UNLESS it is business/job-related, then you may not have a choice.

In two weeks, I'll be driving to Lawrence, KS to Matador, to Canyon, then back home, between Friday & Sunday. I haven't even figured up yet how much I will need for gas, but it doesn't matter. My son and two of his teammates DO matter, so even though it blows, it's for a good reason. when u r in matador, wait untill u get in Dickens and go 2 the Pondarosa and get gas. ask for Mindy and tell her her favorite uncle in burnet said 2 give u a discount on the gas.

CenTexSports
05-30-2008, 06:32 PM
It is a company truck and they pay my gas but if I drive it that far for personal business, I fill the tank back up.

LH Panther Mom
05-30-2008, 06:56 PM
It is a company truck and they pay my gas but if I drive it that far for personal business, I fill the tank back up.
Ouch..... :(

LH Panther Mom
05-30-2008, 06:57 PM
Originally posted by lv2937
when u r in matador, wait untill u get in Dickens and go 2 the Pondarosa and get gas. ask for Mindy and tell her her favorite uncle in burnet said 2 give u a discount on the gas.
Heck, I might just do that! :)

DaHop72
05-30-2008, 10:59 PM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
Heck, I might just do that! :) And the brisket is excellent and if you go by on a Friday get the rib plate.:thumbsup: