PDA

View Full Version : Save money or coach a winning team and possible title

orange machine
05-29-2008, 09:25 PM
If you were a coach would you take a job at a school that has not been to the playoffs in years and doesnt appear they will be there any time soon because the job closer to your house and you will save money because of gas prices? Or would you go and coach at a school that has a great chance at winning a state championship for the next few years and the drive is a little further than the first job? Lets just say that the two schools are about 20 miles apart.

Emerson1
05-29-2008, 09:29 PM
State championship

bullfrog_alumni_02
05-29-2008, 10:32 PM
the championship caliber team...because there is always room for a raise and a raise would negate the problem for the gas prices...and if the prices ever do go back down, then you are that much further along.

GreenMonster
05-30-2008, 03:18 AM
In my experience, I've found that some coaches choose to go to the lesser school because of the challenge and how rewarding it is to turn a program around. I'm also sure there is more to it than just saving money.

eppy 12
05-30-2008, 07:42 AM
i'm in kingsville, SAVE MONEY!!!!!!!!!!!:mad:

LH Panther Mom
05-30-2008, 08:00 AM
I would think most any coach "could" coach a winning program. Taking a gamble at turning around a lesser program would definitely be challenging, but well worth the time and effort when it paid off.

BTW, even though there was no gas price issue at the time, many thanks to Jerry Vance and the rest of the coaching staff for taking that gamble. :clap: