PDA

View Full Version : I Am Officially On Vacation!!!

lepfan
05-29-2008, 08:56 PM
Nothing more to say...just happy about that!

zebrablue2
05-29-2008, 09:56 PM
have a good one. will be the shortest days of the year...

lepfan
05-30-2008, 10:19 PM
Originally posted by zebrablue2
have a good one. will be the shortest days of the year... Yes it will be!!! I am counting down the days until I leave for CANCUN....Friday the 13th @ 7 a.m.!!!!!!!!

Gontex
05-30-2008, 10:27 PM
Mine is better than that. I am now officially retired. Checked it in after 18 years in the classroom. I'm going to miss that place come September.

Ranger Mom
05-30-2008, 10:30 PM
Originally posted by lepfan
Yes it will be!!! I am counting down the days until I leave for CANCUN....Friday the 13th @ 7 a.m.!!!!!!!!

Friday the 13th???:eek: :eek:

lepfan
05-30-2008, 10:31 PM
Originally posted by Gontex
Mine is better than that. I am now officially retired. Checked it in after 18 years in the classroom. I'm going to miss that place come September. We had two teachers retire this year at my school...one of them waited until time to leave today and pushed the all call button on the intercom and played "Take This Job And Shove It"....LOL and then another teacher followed it with "Rub It In Rub It In"...

I just finished my 20th year...I have 10 years to go...

Gontex
05-30-2008, 10:38 PM
We had two teachers retire this year at my school...one of them waited until time to leave today and pushed the all call button on the intercom and played "Take This Job And Shove It"....LOL and then another teacher followed it with "Rub It In Rub It In"...

I just finished my 20th year...I have 10 years to go...

Now that would have been cool. Wish I had thought of something like that, but we were so busy right up to the end today, I just didn't have time to do it. Those ten years will go in a flash.

Ranger Mom
05-30-2008, 10:41 PM
Originally posted by Gontex
Now that would have been cool. Wish I had thought of something like that, but we were so busy right up to the end today, I just didn't have time to do it. Those ten years will go in a flash.

Congrats on your retirement!!

Do you think you will stay retired?? My parents couldn't stand it, they went back to work!!:p

pirate4state
05-30-2008, 10:41 PM
lep - enjoy your vacation
gon - enjoy your retirement!

lepfan
05-30-2008, 10:47 PM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
Friday the 13th???:eek: :eek: LOL yep...my sister made the arragements...now to top the Friday the 13th departure date----the airline we are flying on just filed chapter 11 BR....had something to do with the credit card companies taking a bigger % of fees and they needed to restructure before they went completely under....I hope that doesn't come back to bite me in the butt!!!

Ranger Mom
05-30-2008, 10:58 PM
LOL yep...my sister made the arragements...now to top the Friday the 13th departure date----the airline we are flying on just filed chapter 11 BR....had something to do with the credit card companies taking a bigger % of fees and they needed to restructure before they went completely under....I hope that doesn't come back to bite me in the butt!!!

Geez...you started talking about the airline and I just knew you were gonna say you were on flight 666!!:p

zebrablue2
05-31-2008, 07:59 AM
Geez...you started talking about the airline and I just knew you were gonna say you were on flight 666!!:p

:fnypost::stirpot:---LOL

Gontex
05-31-2008, 05:42 PM
Congrats on your retirement!!

Do you think you will stay retired?? My parents couldn't stand it, they went back to work!!:p
We are going to see how it works. I think I would like to work some part time (not substitute) but I'm going to sit back and relax for a while and see how things play out.

44INAROW
05-31-2008, 10:14 PM
Yes it will be!!! I am counting down the days until I leave for CANCUN....Friday the 13th @ 7 a.m.!!!!!!!! have a great vacation...... my oldest son and his wife are heading to Lost Wages (Las Vegas) with some other couples - and they fly out Friday 13th as well......... :eek:

Gontex - enjoy retirement....... ;)

lepfan
06-01-2008, 11:00 PM
Geez...you started talking about the airline and I just knew you were gonna say you were on flight 666!!:p Funny you should mention those numbers....those are the three middle numbers in my SSN...NO JOKE!

crzyjournalist03
06-02-2008, 11:18 AM
:( My vacation officially ended this morning.

44INAROW
06-02-2008, 11:22 AM
Originally posted by crzyjournalist03
:( My vacation officially ended this morning.

mine starts a month from today July 2nd :clap: :clap:

Emerson1
06-02-2008, 11:33 AM
1.5 hours to go

Nursebetty
06-02-2008, 11:01 PM
My "vacation" started at 1:30pm on 5/30/08........as soon as the bell rang!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ;)