piratebg
05-29-2008, 08:57 PM
Spurs 33
Lakers 22

6:33 2nd

GO SPURS GO :)

wildstangs
05-29-2008, 09:16 PM
Lakers cut the lead to 6 at the half. Time for Kobe to take over and send the Spurs back to San Antonio.

piratebg
05-29-2008, 09:17 PM
Spurs 48
Lakers 42
Halftime

The Spurs are not out of this one yet.

zebrablue2
05-29-2008, 09:51 PM
bring it back to SA guys. make kobe whine a little bit?????

Nursebetty
05-29-2008, 09:53 PM
Go SPURS Go!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

wildstangs
05-29-2008, 10:02 PM
Lakers lead after three quarters! :)

pirate4state
05-29-2008, 10:37 PM
Not looking too bueno for the Spurs!

GreenGobbla
05-29-2008, 10:42 PM
looking good for the lakers....

piratebg
05-29-2008, 10:44 PM
Well, that does it for the Spurs.....and my interest in the NBA for the year. It was another great season but you can't win em all.

wildstangs
05-29-2008, 10:54 PM
GO LAKERS GO!

Congrats to the Spurs on ANOTHER great year. They are definitely the class of Texas.

big daddy russ
05-29-2008, 11:02 PM
Originally posted by wildstangs
GO LAKERS GO!

Congrats to the Spurs on ANOTHER great year. They are definitely the class of Texas.
Thanks, Stangs. We just couldn't keep up. I thought our guards would be quick enough to make this a series, but LA kept them in check. I thought Parker and Ginobili would be getting into the lane at will, but they didn't do much against your defense and you did a great job of keeping your composure when your back was against the wall.

Good luck.

Maroon87
05-30-2008, 09:25 AM
Congrats to the Spurs on another great year. Just came up a bit short. Also congrats to the Lakers and good luck in the Finals!

bandera7
05-30-2008, 09:52 AM
I really believe the Lakers will take the finals easily. Kobe just beat Tim, Tony and Manu, along with flashes from others...if Kobe can beat our trio then he can beat Ray, Kevin and Paul. Odom and Gasol help, but they arent on the same level as a trio as Spurs and Celtics. Kobe Bryant was incredible, I wish the refs had not made this win less impressive, I dont know that the lakers needed help. Congrats to the Lakers, and I cant wait til next season starts for the Spurs....Im hoping we go out and sign somebody like Raja Bell.

eagles_victory
05-30-2008, 10:05 AM
Originally posted by bandera7
I really believe the Lakers will take the finals easily. Kobe just beat Tim, Tony and Manu, along with flashes from others...if Kobe can beat our trio then he can beat Ray, Kevin and Paul. Odom and Gasol help, but they arent on the same level as a trio as Spurs and Celtics. Kobe Bryant was incredible, I wish the refs had not made this win less impressive, I dont know that the lakers needed help. Congrats to the Lakers, and I cant wait til next season starts for the Spurs....Im hoping we go out and sign somebody like Raja Bell. Refs didnt make it less impressive. Spurs cant complain about game 4 if Barry is smart he jumps up through Fisher and shoots the ball. Thats common knowledge for a jump shooter get someone in the air and jump through them to get the call. Plus Kobe shot 0 free throws in game 4 a guy with the ball in his hand that much gets 0 free throws you cant play the ref card.

Maroon87
05-30-2008, 10:08 AM
Originally posted by eagles_victory
Refs didnt make it less impressive. Spurs cant complain about game 4 if Barry is smart he jumps up through Fisher and shoots the ball. Thats common knowledge for a jump shooter get someone in the air and jump through them to get the call. Plus Kobe shot 0 free throws in game 4 a guy with the ball in his hand that much gets 0 free throws you cant play the ref card.

His reference to the refs was the game 4 controversy that the NBA itself admitted was a blown call.

Otherwise I think he's doing what's called "giving the winning team credit." You should try it sometime. Trust me, you'll survive.

eagles_victory
05-30-2008, 10:11 AM
Originally posted by Maroon87
His reference to the refs was the game 4 controversy that the NBA itself admitted was a blown call.

Otherwise I think he's doing what's called "giving the winning team credit." You should try it sometime. Trust me, you'll survive. I know he is and their is no complaint if Barry makes a smart play he is shooting 3 free throws. As I said Kobe shot 0 free throws in game 4. A guy takes 29 shots and doesnt get 1 free throw? Who cares about 1 call Spurs didnt do enough to win. They had a great year Ill give them that great win over the Hornets but I think that took way too much out of them.

Maroon87
05-30-2008, 10:40 AM
Originally posted by eagles_victory
I know he is and their is no complaint if Barry makes a smart play he is shooting 3 free throws. As I said Kobe shot 0 free throws in game 4. A guy takes 29 shots and doesnt get 1 free throw? Who cares about 1 call Spurs didnt do enough to win. They had a great year Ill give them that great win over the Hornets but I think that took way too much out of them.

You're right, they didn't do enough to win, and yes I think the Hornet series sapped them especially with the Lakers getting the extra rest. But the whole non-call thing cast further doubt on the NBA and how games are officiated.

As a Spurs fan you'll never hear me complain about refs because it's too easy of an excuse and not very valid, but there does need to be some kind of standardization about how games are officiated, just like MLB did, or tried to do, with their umps several years back.

Sweetwater Red
05-30-2008, 10:49 AM
Mike Golic was pissing me off this morning. He managed to
mention five times in fifteen minutes that half of the NBA's
dream matchup was in the finals.:mad:

Maroon87
05-30-2008, 10:52 AM
Originally posted by Sweetwater Red
Mike Golic was pissing me off this morning. He managed to
mention five times in fifteen minutes that half of the NBA's
dream matchup was in the finals.:mad:

It's true. David Stern and his boys are wetting their pants right about now. Get ready for the Lakers/Celtics Finals marathon on ESPN Classic and NBA TV, where we get to re-live all 100 Finals matchups between the two teams, plus even more of the ongoing Boston lick-fest that ESPN has been throwing the last few years. :doh: