PDA

View Full Version : Wind Farm "Fat Cats"

nobogey72
05-29-2008, 02:28 PM
It makes me mad that all these people are making all this money on these wind farms. It's not fair to us that have property and the wind doesn't blow much. Plus, it makes me mad because even though they don't turn very fast, a blind bird could fly into one of them and get killed. I think there should be a "wind"fall profit tax on wind. Plus, I've heard that the Concho River Snakes might climb up on one of them and get motion sick and fall off and die. I think the wind farm people should at least have to share their profits with the less windy areas. JMO ;)

Ranger Mom
05-29-2008, 02:43 PM
Originally posted by nobogey72
It makes me mad that all these people are making all this money on these wind farms. It's not fair to us that have property and the wind doesn't blow much. Plus, it makes me mad because even though they don't turn very fast, a blind bird could fly into one of them and get killed. I think there should be a "wind"fall profit tax on wind. Plus, I've heard that the Concho River Snakes might climb up on one of them and get motion sick and fall off and die. I think the wind farm people should at least have to share their profits with the less windy areas. JMO ;)

I live in a windy area and have 4 acres...no one has even approached me about putting one on my land.....I would gladly say "YES" and a cellphone tower too!!:D

j_dog
05-29-2008, 02:48 PM
It makes me mad that all these people are making all this money on these wind farms. It's not fair to us that have property and the wind doesn't blow much. Plus, it makes me mad because even though they don't turn very fast, a blind bird could fly into one of them and get killed. .....;)
is perhaps this part of evolution? the smart birds live to reproduce, and the dumb birds die so they cannot reproduce?

Cats Fan
05-29-2008, 02:57 PM
im sure you want people with high rise to pay up as well....since more birds die from hitting high rise towers than anything else.....

AP Panther Fan
05-29-2008, 03:04 PM
Originally posted by Cats Fan
im sure you want people with high rise to pay up as well....since more birds die from hitting high rise towers than anything else.....

haha...not just high rise buildings! I work in a single level building and one entire wall is tinted windows. I can't tell you how many birds commit suicide as I look on.

Today, it was a crazy (big) bee. He continued to fly into my window over and over again....guess he was seeing himself in the tinting and thinking it was a friend or something.:)

Ingleside Fan
05-29-2008, 03:49 PM

Are you serious? If a bird runs into one of these things they need to die.

People just have to complain about something.

BE HAPPY!;) :doh:

nobogey72
05-29-2008, 04:01 PM
Originally posted by Ingleside Fan
Are you serious? If a bird runs into one of these things they need to die.

People just have to complain about something.

BE HAPPY!;) :doh:

Didn't you notice my "wink " at the end. I'm just jacking with Stang Red.:rolleyes: :rolleyes: But, he hasn't responded, he is probably out buying a new "Fat Cat" Cadillac.

STANG RED
05-29-2008, 04:10 PM
Didn't you notice my "wink " at the end. I'm just jacking with Stang Red.:rolleyes: :rolleyes: But, he hasn't responded, he is probably out buying a new "Fat Cat" Cadillac.

Naw, its just a lil ol Lincoln Towncar with a turbo charged 460 that gets about 4 mpg while I fly around at 100 mph+ from windfarm to windfarm counting the revolutions, and adding up my FAT CAT dough.:D
And you cant have a dime of it.:mad:
But if your real nice, I may deposit a mil or two in that lil ol bank you report to work at. Notice I didnt say that you actually worked there.:p

cr180t
05-29-2008, 04:14 PM
How about this if you own land you should not sell your wind rights. People do not sell their mineral/oil rights so how about not selling your wind rights.

DaHop72
05-29-2008, 04:16 PM
Originally posted by STANG RED
Notice I didnt say that you actually worked there.:p http://img240.imageshack.us/img240/5809/roflsmiliemn4.gifhttp://img240.imageshack.us/img240/5809/roflsmiliemn4.gifhttp://img240.imageshack.us/img240/5809/roflsmiliemn4.gifhttp://img240.imageshack.us/img240/5809/roflsmiliemn4.gif

Oh, sorry nobogey

:devil: :devil:

garciap77
05-29-2008, 04:30 PM
Originally posted by STANG RED
Naw, its just a lil ol Lincoln Towncar with a turbo charged 460 that gets about 4 mpg while I fly around at 100 mph+ from windfarm to windfarm counting the revolutions, and adding up my FAT CAT dough.:D
And you cant have a dime of it.:mad:
But if your real nice, I may deposit a mil or two in that lil ol bank you report to work at. Notice I didnt say that you actually worked there.:p

He only goes there to use the computer!:D ;)