PDA

View Full Version : The So Called Good teamate Greg Ellis is at it again

Txbroadcaster
05-29-2008, 06:49 AM
IRVING – Dallas Cowboys outside linebacker Greg Ellis will not participate in the last day of organized team activities today because he's upset with his repetitions being reduced in practice, sources said.

Ellis missed the first two days of OTAs this week and doesn't plan on coming back to practice at Valley Ranch unless he gets more repetitions.

Last week, the Cowboys told Ellis some of his practice time would be reduced to give 2007 first-round pick Anthony Spencer more time on the field. The Cowboys like Spencer's speed and intelligence, and coach Wade Phillips praised his performance in practice Wednesday. But Phillips said Ellis remains the starter.

According to the sources, the Cowboys have told Ellis they don't want to wear down his 32-year-old body in May. But a source said Ellis doesn't trust the team's motives.

Ellis was unavailable, and his agent, James Williams, declined to comment.

Team owner and general manager Jerry Jones downplayed Ellis' absence, saying the OTAs are voluntary.

This is not the first time Ellis has voiced displeasure.

In 2006, he was hesitant to move to outside linebacker after spending his career at defensive end and wondered if the team was forcing him out. When Spencer was drafted, those concerns were renewed, especially after Ellis missed the final seven games of '06 with an Achilles' tendon injury.

It wasn't until the Cowboys reworked his contract – essentially guaranteeing him another $2 million through 2009 – that Ellis played last season.

http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcontent/dws/spt/stories/052908dnspoellislede.3e6cf92.html

kaorder1999
05-29-2008, 08:34 AM
i say cut ties! See ya!!!

BILLYFRED0000
05-29-2008, 08:36 AM
Yeah crybaby go home.

injuredinmelee
05-29-2008, 08:53 AM
he has been a huge distraction for three offseasons now??? Or has it just been two?

Either way i say cut him.

Rocket Dad
05-29-2008, 08:58 AM
Time will show the demise of the Cowboys, again. The Head Coach is an excellent Defensive coach and belongs in the NFL, but not as a Head coach of a franchise where the owner is so involved. Although these are grown men making big bucks, they still need to ANSWER TO A HIGHER AUTHORITY on a team. Phillips is too much of a "buddy" to the players and not enough "boss"

JasperDog94
05-29-2008, 08:59 AM
I wonder what his trade value would be?:thinking:

Old Tiger
05-29-2008, 10:17 AM
Originally posted by JasperDog94
I wonder what his trade value would be?:thinking: Put evil Roy in that deal also... :D