PDA

View Full Version : Who would you rather have on your ball club?

coach
05-28-2008, 01:36 PM
Hunter or Josh

big daddy russ
05-28-2008, 04:50 PM
Depends on what you want for your team. With Hamilton, you get more power and better arm strength, but Pence makes better contact and has some jets.

I picked Pence because he's still young and adds several dimensions to your offense (hits for average, has some pop, and can steal some bases) and is younger, but if your team needs an elite power hitter and/or someone who has a better outfield arm, Hamilton would be the guy.

BreckTxLonghorn
05-28-2008, 04:51 PM
Next 5 Years: Hamilton
Next 10: Pence

Daddy D 11
05-28-2008, 04:51 PM
Hamilton.

BwdLions
05-29-2008, 09:51 AM
Hamilton hands down. :cool:

Maroon87
05-29-2008, 12:24 PM
Pence. He plays his tail off every day.

Texasfootball2
05-29-2008, 12:27 PM
"THE BEAST" that is known as Josh Hamilton.

Txbroadcaster
05-29-2008, 12:29 PM
I will take Hamilton because he is a true 5 tools guy and is still pretty young..but honestly picking either will set your team up welkl for the next 5 years

BwdLions
05-29-2008, 01:08 PM
Originally posted by Maroon87
Pence. He plays his tail off every day.

And Hamilton doesn't?

AP Panther Fan
05-29-2008, 01:20 PM
Pence...:)

Silverback 04
05-29-2008, 02:04 PM
I'll take Hamilton as he is more apt to change the game on one swing, but, i sure do like the way Pence plays. That guys 100 mph all the time and is always having fun. Nice to see that in the bigs.

Silverback 04
05-29-2008, 02:09 PM
I am an avid Ranger fan but I have to admit i was a little surprised by Hamilton. I remember a quote from Hank Blalock in the spring. He said when Hamilton hit the ball in BP it just made a different sound than anybody else he had ever heard. He said that he was the first person he had ever met that he thought was born to be a big league hitter. When another power guy says that, it generally means something

c-town_balla
05-29-2008, 02:24 PM
I would take the SI coverboy

he hits for power, AVG., and has excellent speed and plenty of time to reach his ceiling that is really unimaginably high

piratebg
05-29-2008, 02:26 PM
I picked Pence. I've been a fan since I first saw him when he was playing for the Corpus Christi Hooks. :)

Maroon87
05-29-2008, 02:29 PM
Originally posted by BwdLions
And Hamilton doesn't?

Did I say that? Does me saying something positive about Pence automatically mean I'm dissing Hamilton?

Necks_Fan
05-29-2008, 06:00 PM
Originally posted by big daddy russ
Depends on what you want for your team. With Hamilton, you get more power and better arm strength, but Pence makes better contact and has some jets.

I picked Pence because he's still young and adds several dimensions to your offense (hits for average, has some pop, and can steal some bases) and is younger, but if your team needs an elite power hitter and/or someone who has a better outfield arm, Hamilton would be the guy. Maybe better arm strength, but not accuracy. Pence has 3 outfield assists this year so far. Not bad.

I"ll take Hamilton for Power and arm strength. I'll take Pence for everything else.

I think Pence's slug% is close to the tops in the majors. the guy is clutch and he's batting right at .300.

He has a career avg aroung .315 I think.

CenTexSports
05-29-2008, 08:49 PM
One of the network guys the other day said that Hamilton was as close to a reincarnation of Mickey Mantle as he had ever seen. That is quite a compliment because Mantle was a complete player. I love the way Pence plays but I would have to take Hamilton. I have watched him a few times lately and he is a monster.

bigron15
05-29-2008, 11:09 PM
I went to the mothers day game in arlington and i saw hamilton hit a stand up triple and i was amazed at a guy that is 6'4" and around his size could move that quickly. he also had a couple doubles. so whoever says he isnt that fast is lying. he has arm strength and a bat like no other. he plays hard every night at 3 different positions. he is versitile. i would take him anyday.

Bull's-eye
06-01-2008, 09:52 PM
Neither, I would rather have Hunter Pence's girlfriend. :D

She is a bartender in Houston and also does modeling. Just google Hunter Pence's girlfriend. Some pictures may not be appropriate for this site. :eek:

K-MAC Chuck
06-02-2008, 04:15 AM
Can I have both, please? :clap: :devil:

K-MAC Chuck
06-02-2008, 04:17 AM
Originally posted by Bull's-eye
Neither, I would rather have Hunter Pence's girlfriend. :D

She is a bartender in Houston and also does modeling. Just google Hunter Pence's girlfriend. Some pictures may not be appropriate for this site. :eek:

Man!!
That just ain't right - I'm assuming she'll be GoBlue's next Girl of the Month...

BwdLions
06-02-2008, 10:45 AM
Hamilton had 61 RBIs before June 1st. That's amazing.

crzyjournalist03
06-02-2008, 11:52 AM
Originally posted by Necks_Fan
Maybe better arm strength, but not accuracy. Pence has 3 outfield assists this year so far. Not bad.

I"ll take Hamilton for Power and arm strength. I'll take Pence for everything else.

I think Pence's slug% is close to the tops in the majors. the guy is clutch and he's batting right at .300.

He has a career avg aroung .315 I think.

"Everything else" is a real slight to Hamilton IMO...Hamilton also has 3 outfield assists, and he's got to be one of the favorites for a Gold Glove this year. His speed is incredible, and he's a heck of a lot faster than he looks. He doesn't steal bases often, but he could if he wanted to. I'm not going to say that he's faster than Pence, but I do think that if Pence is faster, it's only a negligible difference.

Just for comparison's sake, here are the numbers (they've played in almost exactly the same number of games):

Runs:
Hamilton 40
Pence 29

Hits:
Hamilton 77
Pence 61

Total Bases:
Hamilton 144
Pence 97

Average:
Hamilton .328
Pence .295

On base percentage:
Hamilton .370
Pence .339

Slugging percentage:
Hamilton .613
Pence .469

Doubles:
Hamilton 16
Pence 13

Triples:
Hamilton 3
Pence 1

Career strikeout rate (k's/abs)
Hamilton 18.6%
Pence 21.4%

And that's not even counting the "power categories" of HR and RBI that Hamilton is more than doubling Pence in each category.

Pence is a very good player, and could play his way onto the All-Star team over the next month very easily. But Hamilton is an all-world player. I actually was unhappy when I found out the Rangers had acquired him, but after watching him play one game, I was sold. With Hamilton being less than two years older than Pence, I don't think there's any way somebody can justifiably say they would prefer Pence over Hamilton.

CenTexSports
06-02-2008, 11:55 AM
Pence only beats Hamilton in one area - intangibles.

kaorder1999
06-02-2008, 11:56 AM
Originally posted by CenTexSports
Pence only beats Hamilton in one area - intangibles.

like what?

themsu97
06-02-2008, 12:01 PM
Not really a fair comparison... hamilton almost got himself kicked out of baseball but has done a great job getting his life and career back on track...

Hamilton bats 3rd... Pence is 6th... difference is huge right there...

Hamilton though is asked to carry the team where Pence is not... bug difference there too...
I like Pence but would take Hamilton as well...

but, in a few years I think the power numbers will favor hamilton...

Necks_Fan
06-02-2008, 01:00 PM
Originally posted by themsu97
Not really a fair comparison... hamilton almost got himself kicked out of baseball but has done a great job getting his life and career back on track...

Hamilton though is asked to carry the team where Pence is not... bug difference there too...

but, in a few years I think the power numbers will favor hamilton... This is very true.

I want to know how you came up with a .295 batting average for Pence.

He is batting over or around .300 this season and batted .330 sumthin lst year.

Hm.:thinking:

crzyjournalist03
06-02-2008, 01:02 PM
This is very true.

I want to know how you came up with a .295 batting average for Pence.

He is batting over or around .300 this season and batted .330 sumthin lst year.

Hm.:thinking:

http://houston.astros.mlb.com/team/player.jsp?player_id=452254

.295 is around, but he's not over.

Necks_Fan
06-02-2008, 01:07 PM
Originally posted by crzyjournalist03
http://houston.astros.mlb.com/team/player.jsp?player_id=452254

.295 is around, but he's not over. He was batting .306 last week but has hit a rough patch.

I thought you were doing career numbers.

That is this season's stats.

He has a .314 career avg.

And a sug % over .500 for his carrer on OBP is about 40 pts higher too.

All this shows is Hamilton has outperformed Pence this season. To be fair, include last seasons stats.

In all fairness, He has Outperformed EVERYONE to this point this season.

CenTexSports
06-02-2008, 01:18 PM
Intangibles? How would I know that is why they are intangible!

But seriously, Pence does bring a boyish love of the game to the field every day and it has to be a spark for teammates. Also if you watch both of them, you just get a feeling that Pence is giving everything he has on every play where with Hamilton it looks so smooth and easy.

I would take Hamilton every day but I would like a Pence on any team I played for, coached, or rooted for.

Necks_Fan
06-02-2008, 01:22 PM
I just think it's a little unfair to compare two guys' seaosn stats when one of them is batting out of this world and the other started out VERY slow this season. Obviously Hamilton is going to lead in BB/K #'s and RBI and Slug because he bats in the 3 hole. Bat him 6th and see what happens to those #'s and Pence was our leadoff hitter for part last year. Gimme a break.

*Pence is hitting 6th now, but he was hitting 7th until Wigginton went down with and injury. He batted 7th for most of the first month and a half.

Necks_Fan
06-02-2008, 01:24 PM
I just think it's a little unfair to compare two guys' seaosn stats when one of them is batting out of this world and the other started out VERY slow this season. Obviously Hamilton is going to lead in BB/K #'s and RBI and Slug because he bats in the 3 hole. Bat him 6th and see what happens to those #'s and Pence was our leadoff hitter for part last year. Gimme a break.

-Going by career #'s.

Hamilton also batted Cleanup for or 5 for Cincinatti last year.

BwdLions
06-02-2008, 01:30 PM

but, in a few years I think the power numbers will favor hamilton...

You put your best batter at #3 in the batting order. It doesn't matter if you're playing baseball or softball. That's why Hamilton is there.

themsu97
06-02-2008, 01:38 PM
You put your best batter at #3 in the batting order. It doesn't matter if you're playing baseball or softball. That's why Hamilton is there.

seriously, is that where you put your best hitter... so Hamilton would bat 3rd on the Astros? I doubt it... he would bat in the same place at Pence, 6th, on the Astros...

again, that is why the comparison is not good... Tejada, Berkman, Lee, Pence, then Wigginton... who is just now starting to heat up...

BwdLions
06-02-2008, 01:41 PM
seriously, is that where you put your best hitter... so Hamilton would bat 3rd on the Astros? I doubt it... he would bat in the same place at Pence, 6th, on the Astros...

again, that is why the comparison is not good... Tejada, Berkman, Lee, Pence, then Wigginton... who is just now starting to heat up...

Who is batting #3 for the Astros? I'll bet it would be the best overall hitter on the team. If not, they need a better manager. I know you don't put your best batter at #6.

themsu97
06-02-2008, 01:44 PM
Astros line up

1) Bourn
2) Matsui
3) Tejada, probably Hamilton is as good as Miggy
4) Berkman, best hitter and better than Hamilton
5) Lee, great hitter
6) Pence
7) Wigginton
8) Towles

Lion, do some homework then before making an assessment on two players...
Hamilton may be the best overall hitter for the Rangers but he still would not bat 3rd for the Astros...
not saying that Hamilton is not better than Pence just saying that there are some huge differences between the two

Txbroadcaster
06-02-2008, 01:54 PM
Astros line up

1) Bourn
2) Matsui
3) Tejada, probably Hamilton is as good as Miggy
4) Berkman, best hitter and better than Hamilton
5) Lee, great hitter
6) Pence
7) Wigginton
8) Towles

Lion, do some homework then before making an assessment on two players...
Hamilton may be the best overall hitter for the Rangers but he still would not bat 3rd for the Astros...
not saying that Hamilton is not better than Pence just saying that there are some huge differences between the two

coming into season your right...dont know for this season you can anyone is batting better than Hamilton, as good yes, but I just dont think it is as easy to say so and so is better than Hamilton THIS YEAR

Necks_Fan
06-02-2008, 02:01 PM
You put your best batter at #3 in the batting order. It doesn't matter if you're playing baseball or softball. That's why Hamilton is there. And Pence is not the Astros best hitter at this point in the season. They bat Bourn Matsui Tejeda to get as many people on base so Berkamn can drive em in. It's hard to get RBI's and a good Slug % when the two guys in front of you mash HR's.

Necks_Fan
06-02-2008, 02:04 PM
Who is batting #3 for the Astros? I'll bet it would be the best overall hitter on the team. If not, they need a better manager. I know you don't put your best batter at #6. You are uninformed.

Who says Pence is our best hitter.

Pence has a .295 Avg and like 7 Hrs.

BERKMAN has a avg near .390 and has 16 HRS.

Run along and play now.

CenTexSports
06-02-2008, 02:08 PM
I agree with lions (i think you need to re-read what he wrote). I also think that Hamilton would bat 3rd for the Astros. With Berkman batting behind him, he would be even better. Miggy then moves to sixth and Pence moves back to his #7 slot.

Necks_Fan
06-02-2008, 02:11 PM
I agree with lions (i think you need to re-read what he wrote). I also think that Hamilton would bat 3rd for the Astros. With Berkman batting behind him, he would be even better. Miggy then moves to sixth and Pence moves back to his #7 slot. He is clearly implying that Pence is Houston's best batter and he is 3rd best at this point.

They're not going to put a guy with 14 Hr's in front of Berkman. They want people on base. Guys who DONT hit Hr's often.

CenTexSports
06-02-2008, 02:17 PM
Ok, you put Berkman at #3 and let Hamilton knock him in.

And no he did not say that Pence was the best hitter on the Astros, he said that the best hitter is usually hitting #3.

You have good speed reading skills but I suggest you work on comprehension.

Necks_Fan
06-02-2008, 02:24 PM
Ok, you put Berkman at #3 and let Hamilton knock him in.

And no he did not say that Pence was the best hitter on the Astros, he said that the best hitter is usually hitting #3.

You have good speed reading skills but I suggest you work on comprehension. "I know you don't put your best batter at #6."

We are currnetly talking about Pence batting 6th.

He is saying that if Pence is our best hitter than he should be batting 3rd not 6th.

Pence is not our best hitter.

Simplified for you.

CenTexSports
06-02-2008, 02:28 PM
Knock Knock!

Nobody said that Pence was the ASTROS best hitter. He only said that IF he was the best hitter then he SHOULD be batting #3. Obviously, he is NOT their best hitter and that is why he is batting #6.

Necks_Fan
06-02-2008, 02:34 PM
Who is batting #3 for the Astros? I'll bet it would be the best overall hitter on the team. If not, they need a better manager. I know you don't put your best batter at #6. He doesn't even know who bats third.

Best overall hitter? No.

He says he knows we don't put ur best hitter at 6th, and says if our best batter isn't hitting third then Cooper needs to be fired. He has no undertsnding of Cooper's philossophy and gameplan.

Is it an unwriiten rule that your "BEST HITTER" has to hit third? No

You manipulate your lineup according to the players ou have and their hitting styles and the pitcher's tendancies.

H at this point I dont respect any opinion he has about the Astros anway bcauseits' quite obvious he knows nothing about them.

Necks_Fan
06-02-2008, 02:37 PM
I guess I'm retarded in that I assumed he must mean Pence when he was talking about our 6 hole hitter.

I got the impression, obviously you didn't, that he was saying Pence was our best hitter and that he should be hitting third.

At this point, I dont really care anymore.

crzyjournalist03
06-02-2008, 02:40 PM
He is clearly implying that Pence is Houston's best batter and he is 3rd best at this point.

They're not going to put a guy with 14 Hr's in front of Berkman. They want people on base. Guys who DONT hit Hr's often.

Right...because having guys on base when Berkman comes up is better than already having the runs on the board if the guy in front of Berkman homers.

Seriously, do you really believe the constant baseball crap that you spew?

Necks_Fan
06-02-2008, 02:45 PM
Right...because having guys on base when Berkman comes up is better than already having the runs on the board if the guy in front of Berkman homers.

Seriously, do you really believe the constant baseball crap that you spew? *For the record--- Yes.

All I'm saying is that want their best Run producer at the plate.

Cooper has made it quite obvious that he is going to have his best RBI/HR guy (Berkman) bat 4th to have as many people on base for him as possible.

IF Hamilton played for Houston, Pence would most likely play leadoff, and Hamilton would bat 5th or 6th.

Behind Berkman or Lee.

Txbroadcaster
06-02-2008, 02:48 PM
*For the record--- Yes.

Cooper has made it quite obvious that he is going to have his best RBI/HR guy (Berkman) bat 4th to have as many people on base for him as possible.

IF Hamilton played for Houston, Pence would most likely play leadoff, and Hamilton would bat 5th or 6th.

Behind Berkman or Lee.

I dont know where Hamilton would bat for stros..have to remember coming into this season he was more known for being a gap hitter with good power not great power, a perfect 3 hole hitter..I think he would fit nicely at 3 in front of Berkman but cant say for sure

Necks_Fan
06-02-2008, 02:52 PM
Originally posted by Txbroadcaster
I dont know where Hamilton would bat for stros..have to remember coming into this season he was more known for being a gap hitter with good power not great power, a perfect 3 hole hitter..I think he would fit nicely at 3 in front of Berkman but cant say for sure Yea, not as much power or Avg last year but he's out of this world now.

They might move Tejeda to 6th later if his abg drops but he's going to stay there as long as he is batting a higher avg than Pence and less Power. They also like having Pence and Wigginton at 6/7 because Berkman hits a crap load of doubles and they want guys with decent power back there to drive em in.

crzyjournalist03
06-02-2008, 02:53 PM
*For the record--- Yes.

Behind Berkman or Lee.

Hamilton would bat ahead of Lee...Berkman may even move to three and Hamilton to four since Berkman's OBP is so high. I understand that you're going off of career numbers, but in Hamilton's case, that just doesn't work. Last year, he actually hit leadoff a lot for Cincinnati; he had at least one game at every spot between one and eight in the lineup. They settled on leadoff for him because they figured that they had plenty of power throughout the lineup with Dunn, Griffey, etc. that they wanted to take advantage of an asset that could use some help--speed.

Teams vary between having their best run producers hit 3rd and 4th; it's mostly a philosophical opinion. But Hamilton would hit third or fourth on ANY team in the majors right now with the possible exception of Boston, and honestly, if he were in Boston, Ortiz might move down to 5th, especially given the slump that has bitten him a few times this year.

Think about this for a minute...if the Rangers offered Hamilton to the Astros for Pence, do you honestly believe that Houston would say no?

Houston would take that trade in about half a second. If the Astros called and offered Pence for Hamilton, the Rangers would hang up laughing.

CenTexSports
06-02-2008, 02:57 PM
Yeah! What he said!

Necks_Fan
06-02-2008, 02:59 PM
Hamilton would bat ahead of Lee...Berkman may even move to three and Hamilton to four since Berkman's OBP is so high. I understand that you're going off of career numbers, but in Hamilton's case, that just doesn't work. Last year, he actually hit leadoff a lot for Cincinnati; he had at least one game at every spot between one and eight in the lineup. They settled on leadoff for him because they figured that they had plenty of power throughout the lineup with Dunn, Griffey, etc. that they wanted to take advantage of an asset that could use some help--speed.

Teams vary between having their best run producers hit 3rd and 4th; it's mostly a philosophical opinion. But Hamilton would hit third or fourth on ANY team in the majors right now with the possible exception of Boston, and honestly, if he were in Boston, Ortiz might move down to 5th, especially given the slump that has bitten him a few times this year.

Think about this for a minute...if the Rangers offered Hamilton to the Astros for Pence, do you honestly believe that Houston would say no?

Houston would take that trade in about half a second. If the Astros called and offered Pence for Hamilton, the Rangers would hang up laughing. I agree about the trade. But you have to look at it this way.

Pence does not mean as much to Houston as Hamilton does to Texas.

Hamilton is their sole RBI guy. Sure Houston would take that trade now, but what I'm saying is Pence is so much more than his #'s right now.

He just turned 25 and has about 0 plate discipline. The sky is the limit for both of these guys. Just imagine what he could do when he develops some.

Sure Hamilton's stats look nice but these two are completely different styled players.

Hamilton is going to hit more Hr/Rbi and be a run producers.

Pence is going to hit 25/30 hr and 80 rbis but steal some bags. Hustle.

Leadership.

these are 2 way different kinds of players and I just think that for Power and run producing, I'll take hamilton. Pence for most other things.

Txbroadcaster
06-02-2008, 03:05 PM
I agree about the trade. But you have to look at it this way.

Pence does not mean as much to Houston as Hamilton does to Texas.

Hamilton is their sole RBI guy. Sure Houston would take that trade now, but what I'm saying is Pence is so much more than his #'s right now.

He just turned 25 and has about 0 plate discipline. The sky is the limit for both of these guys. Just imagine what he could do when he develops some.

Sure Hamilton's stats look nice but these two are completely different styled players.

Hamilton is going to hit more Hr/Rbi and be a run producers.

Pence is going to hit 25/30 hr and 80 rbis but steal some bags. Hustle.

Leadership.

these are 2 way different kinds of players and I just think that for Power and run producing, I'll take hamilton. Pence for most other things.

uhh have u looked at the AL leaders in RBIs? Yes Hamilton is having a heck of a year but Murphy, Kinsler and Bradley are all in top 15 in RBI and Young still has not really got going

and until this season, Hamilton and Pence were going to be the same type of player..both have great spped and both are gap hitters..Hamilton has just now truly showed his power, but he still has been hitting for average and getting doubles

And IMO we dont know the true leadership of both..they both play ard and play the game right, neither play harder than the other

To me they might be a wash defensively, though the way Hamilton has held down CF for Texas he is probably a old Glove guy this year

Necks_Fan
06-02-2008, 03:09 PM
uhh have u looked at the AL leaders in RBIs? Yes Hamilton is having a heck of a year but Murphy, Kinsler and Bradley are all in top 15 in RBI and Young still has not really got going

and until this season, Hamilton and Pence were going to be the same type of player..both have great spped and both are gap hitters..Hamilton has just now truly showed his power, but he still has been hitting for average and getting doubles

And IMO we dont know the true leadership of both..they both play ard and play the game right, neither play harder than the other See, this is where my near 0 knowledge of Rangers baseball shows.

Didn't know that about the RBI's but you get my drift on the whole impact that each has.

I don't know much about Hamilton and his leadership, but I guess ya'll feel the same way about Hamilton, in that his swagger and style of play is unlike any other I've seen.

He is always 232% on every play.

It's amazing to watch really.

I don't know how hard Hamilton plays or whatever but it just seems incomprehensible that anybody plays with the same intensity that Pence does.

JMO.

Txbroadcaster
06-02-2008, 03:15 PM
See, this is where my near 0 knowledge of Rangers baseball shows.

Didn't know that about the RBI's but you get my drift on the whole impact that each has.

I don't know much about Hamilton and his leadership, but I guess ya'll feel the same way about Hamilton, in that his swagger and style of play is unlike any other I've seen.

I don't know how hard Hamilton plays or whatever but it just seems incomprehensible that anybody plays with the same intensity that Pence does.

JMO.

the who plays harder image IMO can be overrated..sometimes a player can be going balls to the walls but is so gifted physically that it SEEMS he is not going fullspeed..while someone else always looks like they are in overdrive

Hamilton plays centerfield like a demon, basically if he can get to it he will catch it

Necks_Fan
06-02-2008, 03:17 PM
the who plays harder image IMO can be overrated..sometimes a player can be going balls to the walls but is so gifted physically that it SEEMS he is not going fullspeed..while someone else always looks like they are in overdrive

Hamilton plays centerfield like a demon, basically if he can get to it he will catch it Good point.

Overdrive is the perfect word to describe them.

crzyjournalist03
06-02-2008, 03:21 PM

Hamilton plays centerfield like a demon, basically if he can get to it he will catch it

I agree...Juan Gonzalez used to get a bad rep for "lollygagging" at balls, when he was actually a very good defensive RF...the way a person runs makes a huge difference; Gonzalez had a rather long stride that looked a lot slower than it was.

Pence and Hamilton are both guys who can catch everything that's supposed to be in their range and some things that aren't. Both run out ground balls full speed every time. That's quality.

crzyjournalist03
06-02-2008, 03:24 PM
See, this is where my near 0 knowledge of Rangers baseball shows.

JMO.

Surprisingly enough, the Rangers have three of the top five AL hitters in hits, two of the top four in batting average, two of the top five in doubles, two of the top three in slugging percentage, and three of the top four in runs scored...the top five guys in their lineup are all deserving of All-Star bids right now.

crzyjournalist03
06-02-2008, 03:32 PM
Hamilton just received his second player of the month award this year:

http://texas.rangers.mlb.com/news/press_releases/press_release.jsp?ymd=20080602&content_id=2821927&vkey=pr_mlb&fext=.jsp&c_id=mlb

so, um, Josh, since you already have one of those TVs, would you mind donating the second one to me???

Necks_Fan
06-02-2008, 03:33 PM
What if Pence was on yall's team now?

Where would he bat? Asuming ya'll still had the same people on your roster.

Txbroadcaster
06-02-2008, 03:34 PM

prob 7th

crzyjournalist03
06-02-2008, 04:02 PM

I'd say 6th...although Washington might actually put him at 9th. He likes to have a good on-base/speed type guy at the bottom to roll the order around. I'm guessing Pence would take Marlon Byrd/Brandon Boggs' spot, and they're currently hitting sixth.

BwdLions
06-03-2008, 10:02 AM

He'd be a utility player and pinch hitter. :kiss:

crzyjournalist03
06-03-2008, 11:30 AM
He'd be a utility player and pinch hitter. :kiss:

:spitlol: :fnypost:

No, we'd have probably traded him to the Yankees for Carl Pavano if he were on our team. :dispntd: