PDA

View Full Version : School almost out!!!!!!!!!!

pancho villa
05-28-2008, 11:31 AM
Last day for kids on Thur. Fri. for teachers. I can't wait to get rid of all these little turds for the summer.

wildstangs
05-28-2008, 01:27 PM
Agreed - Its a good thing my first year was only half a year.

NastySlot
05-28-2008, 01:50 PM
well i must work at the only district in the state goes till next week.....who the heck is running this dog and pony show?

finals start tuesday and finish thursday...graduation friday.

hey then i get to do summer school, and wt room, football/softball camp, football mtgs, coaching school, football mtgs and then two-a-days....then school............i think all the listed are done in six weeks period of time................i guess i can enjoy summer by watching daughter play softball around the state and running in summer track.

Nursebetty
05-28-2008, 05:42 PM
Well, we only go tommorrow, and 1/2 day Friday........and then sweet FREEDOM for me all summer!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:D that is until mid August, anyway!!!!!:nerd:

Emerson1
05-28-2008, 05:55 PM
Originally posted by NastySlot
well i must work at the only district in the state goes till next week.....who the heck is running this dog and pony show?

finals start tuesday and finish thursday...graduation friday.

hey then i get to do summer school, and wt room, football/softball camp, football mtgs, coaching school, football mtgs and then two-a-days....then school............i think all the listed are done in six weeks period of time................i guess i can enjoy summer by watching daughter play softball around the state and running in summer track.
Semester test start monday and end Wednesday for us.

I have 4 hours of school left

zebrablue2
05-28-2008, 08:41 PM
and now, my wife will be in a happy mood for 2 1/2 months. and then football starts. yoo-hoo..........................

pancho villa
05-29-2008, 08:00 AM
Last day today. Then I am going to enjoy the next 50 days. 7 on 7 with little pancho, going to the Frio, and hang out at my pool with a cerveza and ribs on the grill.

Phil C
05-29-2008, 11:02 AM
Originally posted by pancho villa
Last day for kids on Thur. Fri. for teachers. I can't wait to get rid of all these little turds for the summer.

Hey pancho. Maybe they are glad to get rid of a big turd for the summer.

:D

Just kidding. Couldn't resist a little humor here.

AP Panther Fan
05-29-2008, 11:18 AM
Originally posted by Phil C

LOL....

Since I am a parent of two turds and not a teacher, I will be the first to say I wish school went year round.....

Don't you teachers and kids all jump on this at once...:D

kaorder1999
05-29-2008, 11:46 AM
i wouldnt mind year around school as long as they paid us well for it!

AP Panther Fan
05-29-2008, 11:52 AM
Originally posted by kaorder1999
i wouldnt mind year around school as long as they paid us well for it!

lol....wouldn't you be teaching the same number of days in the school year? :thinking:

kaorder1999
05-29-2008, 12:00 PM
Originally posted by AP Panther Fan
lol....wouldn't you be teaching the same number of days in the school year? :thinking:

you got me... I dont know how year round school works.

AP Panther Fan
05-29-2008, 12:05 PM
you got me... I dont know how year round school works.

I'm not completely sure either, but I believe it is the same number of instructional days....just more time off during breaks/holidays etc...plus a shortened summer break...:)

Surprised you are the only one that even responded to this...you (most) teachers are pretty touchy when it comes to their days off.;)

kaorder1999
05-29-2008, 12:06 PM
I'm not completely sure either, but I believe it is the same number of instructional days....just more time off during breaks/holidays etc...plus a shortened summer break...:)

Surprised you are the only one that even responded to this...you (most) teachers are pretty touchy when it comes to their days off.;)

i dont get another job in the summe rlike many do so I could understand their frustration with the concept. I get pretty bored during the summer.

AP Panther Fan
05-29-2008, 12:17 PM
i dont get another job in the summe rlike many do so I could understand their frustration with the concept. I get pretty bored during the summer.

I hadn't really thought of the second job thing, good point. Another thing that I believe many teachers do is continue their own education during the summer months. Yet another good arguement in their behalf.

HEY! I AM THE ONE THAT WANTED SCHOOL TO GO ALL YEAR! :mad:

kaorder1999
05-29-2008, 12:27 PM
I hadn't really thought of the second job thing, good point. Another thing that I believe many teachers do is continue their own education during the summer months. Yet another good arguement in their behalf.

HEY! I AM THE ONE THAT WANTED SCHOOL TO GO ALL YEAR! :mad:
haha...that is funny. Yeah...i didnt think about the continuing education thing. There are a LOT of educators who are taking classes during the summer...

Bearkat
05-29-2008, 01:33 PM
Year round school wouldn't bother me at all. I have to be at the field house most of the summer anyway.

piratebg
05-29-2008, 01:56 PM
My son gets out tomorrow at lunch time. He'll be home for a week and then he starts a summer program in town. :)

pancho villa
05-29-2008, 02:01 PM
Originally posted by Phil C

You bet they are!