PDA

View Full Version : The Fans of Class

Phil C
05-28-2008, 10:40 AM
That is the Spurs, Cowboys and UT fans. I could also include Sinton fans but I am too modest. These are fans that win with class and humility and respect to their opponents. They don't rub people's face in the dirt unlike the Green Bay fans in the 60s (Titletown) and the Pittsburgh fans of the 70s.

We lose with respect to the opponents and are always gracious losers even when the deck is stacked against us like it was against the Spurs this year.

They are the fans of class. The rest of the country should follow their example.

GreenGobbla
05-28-2008, 11:26 AM
just so happens im anti-spurs, cowboys and longhorns. thats crazy cool.
but hey thats me, and there are more fans out there with class, not just those three teams, come on now.

Phil C
05-28-2008, 11:28 AM
Originally posted by GreenGobbla
just so happens im anti-spurs, cowboys and longhorns. thats crazy cool.
but hey thats me, and there are more fans out there with class, not just those three teams, come on now.

I didn't say there weren't any others out there. :)

GreenGobbla
05-28-2008, 11:29 AM
Originally posted by Phil C

true

Sweetwater Red
05-28-2008, 11:29 AM

:wave:

LH Panther Mom
05-28-2008, 12:32 PM
:doh: :doh: :doh: Phil, try witnessing a UT loss to an "inferior :rolleyes: " team that you happen to cheer for. Trust me, they can be just as rude as anyone.

Maroon87
05-28-2008, 12:38 PM
That is the Spurs, Cowboys and UT fans. I could also include Sinton fans but I am too modest. These are fans that win with class and humility and respect to their opponents. They don't rub people's face in the dirt unlike the Green Bay fans in the 60s (Titletown) and the Pittsburgh fans of the 70s.

We lose with respect to the opponents and are always gracious losers even when the deck is stacked against us like it was against the Spurs this year.

They are the fans of class. The rest of the country should follow their example.

Atta boy Phil! :stirpot: ;)

NastySlot
05-28-2008, 01:39 PM

are you kidding me?.........texas fans have class i can give you four incidents and non involve texas and the aggies in which i came to a conclusion that most NOT all texas fans are jack ^$$e$

while attending a game in austin with a female coaching friend who had grown up in nebraska....i saw her cussed and even had a cup of ice thrown at her for just supporting her team...it wasn't as if she was being vocal and obnoxious.

watching the horns and ok. state play the year in which ok. state blew that huge halftime lead...this ^$$ sitting next to me throwing out the f-word after every word he said....f-ing mack....f-ing defense...f-ing offense....f-ing-horns..what's the f-ing problem you would have thought this jerk was in his living room watching the game...this ^$$ was probably talking about how great the horns were after the comeback.....another took place after texas beat lsu in the cotton bowl and this drunk ^$$ was
mouthing at a little kid in lsu gear about the tigers sucking....and then final and why i have hate for t-shirt fans (all teams)....guy wearing horn gear at the alamobowl v. iowa....following what i thought was pretty good game regardless of records...some ^$$ hole and his buddies were yelling iowa sucks over and over as we walked down the stairs after the game.........class? for the most part i would venture to say the horns have more then their share of classless fans.........and before i get ripped about ragging on the horns understand this i can count a sister, two uncles and two aunts and several cousins that went to texas in my family and i for the first 17 years of my life loved the horns...cried at the cotton bowl losses to norte dame and georgia (beat uga and the horns imo win the national championship)......grew thinking there was no baseball better the longhorn baseball...spike owen, bill bates, calvin schraldi and others.......................and even though im an aggie i still think the horns have a great baseball program.....so give me a break about class and the horns.