PDA

View Full Version : What is your income?

Old Tiger
05-27-2008, 09:17 PM
Please Vote.

GreenMonster
05-27-2008, 10:11 PM
combined or solo?

Old Tiger
05-27-2008, 10:13 PM
Originally posted by GreenMonster
combined or solo? household

JasperDog94
05-27-2008, 10:14 PM
Originally posted by Go Blue
household Then I need to change my vote.;)

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
05-27-2008, 10:27 PM
Why do you really care what anyone's income is? That's a pretty personal question to be asking people, even though they can answer anonymously. I know what I would tell you if you walked up to me on the street and asked me this though...

etbu
05-27-2008, 10:29 PM
What would you tell them?

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
05-27-2008, 10:29 PM
Originally posted by etbu
What would you tell them?

It's too colorful for the likes of this message board. ;)

kepdawg
05-27-2008, 10:38 PM
Originally posted by BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
Why do you really care what anyone's income is? That's a pretty personal question to be asking people, even though they can answer anonymously. I know what I would tell you if you walked up to me on the street and asked me this though...

:blahblah:

etbu
05-27-2008, 10:44 PM

Had to ask Ha Cannot be all bad bc of Gig'em.:D

Chief Woodman
05-28-2008, 04:31 AM

You can ask me anytime. My pay is a matter of public information that anyone can obtain. I never have understood why folks nned it to be such a secret.

CenTexSports
05-28-2008, 07:16 AM
You need to add two responses for single income or dual income.

jason
05-28-2008, 08:03 AM
mine is public information too....

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
05-28-2008, 11:53 AM
Originally posted by Chief Woodman
You can ask me anytime. My pay is a matter of public information that anyone can obtain. I never have understood why folks nned it to be such a secret.

It's not about keeping it a secret, it's just something that is personal in my opinion. I think that it lacks a lot of tact to just ask someone how much they make a year; if they really wanted you to know, they would tell you.

BreckTxLonghorn
05-28-2008, 11:54 AM
You did not include the 'enough to make it rain' option.:clap:

BILLYFRED0000
05-28-2008, 12:09 PM
Bout the same as my OUTGO.,....

nobogey72
05-28-2008, 01:22 PM
My income is slightly less than my outgo.:(

DU_stud04
05-28-2008, 03:32 PM
Originally posted by BreckTxLonghorn
You did not include the 'enough to make it rain' option.:clap: i make it hail. ;)

(coins)
:D

Antec
05-28-2008, 03:44 PM
I feel poor since most of yall are making more money than I am

Highschoolfan78
05-28-2008, 05:25 PM
I want to know how you 150+ people have time to vote on the downlow poll, working for that kind of income :P jk no hard feelings

espn1
05-28-2008, 05:29 PM
I can tell you right now that I don't believe this poll.

Emerson1
05-28-2008, 05:29 PM
5k!

garciap77
05-28-2008, 08:04 PM
Originally posted by espn1

Do you believe the oil companies are making only 8 cents to the dollar?;)

STANG RED
05-28-2008, 08:25 PM
Originally posted by espn1

Why would anyone lie on an anonymous pole?:confused:

Which part do you not believe?

j_dog
05-28-2008, 09:31 PM
Originally posted by STANG RED
Why would anyone lie on an anonymous pole?:confused:

because it might not be so "anonymous" if someone is monitoring who is posting and keeps tabs on the results as they change.

Me, I selected zero, and if you believe that ........... ;) :thinking:

j_dog
05-28-2008, 09:34 PM
Originally posted by garciap77
Do you believe the oil companies are making only 8 cents to the dollar?;)
Yes, over the long haul. In the short run, maybe not. Most companies bring in lots of money, and then pay it right back out in salaries and other expenses.

STANG RED
05-28-2008, 09:38 PM
Originally posted by j_dog
because it might not be so "anonymous" if someone is monitoring who is posting and keeps tabs on the results as they change.

Me, I selected zero, and if you believe that ........... ;) :thinking:

Your assuming that everyone that votes, also posted. Count the number of votes, then count how many different people posted. You will see that not everyone that voted also posted. So there is no way to keep track of who voted what. If you vote without posting, you are not listed as the last person to vote on a thread.

Ranger Mom
05-28-2008, 09:45 PM
Your assuming that everyone that votes, also posted. Count the number of votes, then count how many different people posted. You will see that not everyone that voted also posted. So there is no way to keep track of who voted what. If you vote without posting, you are not listed as the last person to vote on a thread.

I voted truthfully and I didn't make a post!!

j_dog
05-28-2008, 09:52 PM
Can't anyone who cares track who is reading a thread? There is a feature on here which allows anyone, not just Mods, to see who is looking at threads. Seems that someone could make some good guesses. Once again, my income is zero. ;)

j_dog
05-28-2008, 09:53 PM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
I voted truthfully and I didn't make a post!!
even so, we know you are one of the $150,000 plus folks. :D

Ranger Mom
05-28-2008, 09:54 PM
Can't anyone who cares track who is reading a thread? There is a feature on here which allows anyone, not just Mods, to see who is looking at threads. Seems that someone could make some good guesses. Once again, my income is zero. ;)

Many people are invisible, I haven't shown up on "who's online" in months!!!

Anybody that would track that REALLY needs to get a life!!

j_dog
05-28-2008, 10:00 PM
Many people are invisible, I haven't shown up on "who's online" in months!!!

Anybody that would track that REALLY needs to get a life!!
True, I agree that anyone who tracks anyone might need to get a life. But recently there was a whole thread started about what threads one person on this board visited. That is when I went invisible also. :D

STANG RED
05-28-2008, 10:07 PM

True, but at any given time there could be multiple people reading a thread. Just because the one person you are tracking is reading a particular thread, does not mean they are also the person casting a particular vote. I guess if you had multiple computers, all tracking someone different, you could make a somewhat educated guess, but even then you'll never really know for sure.

Ranger Mom
05-28-2008, 10:09 PM
I really don't see why Go Blue even posted this.....but geez louise, let's not get all paranoid about it!

STANG RED
05-28-2008, 10:22 PM
I really don't see why Go Blue even posted this.....but geez louise, let's not get all paranoid about it!

Agreed. But I do think it is interesting to look at the general demographic of the posters. That is, if these numbers are somewhat accurate. Their probobly not that far off.

Ranger Mom
05-28-2008, 10:25 PM
even so, we know you are one of the $150,000 plus folks. :D

I wish!!! I fall into the category with the highest percentage right now.

About $2,500 more and I would have moved to the next level!:)

j_dog
05-28-2008, 10:46 PM
not paranoid, just having some fun. But it is still zero. ;)

But seriously, it does not look like a "normal" distribution to me. But, then anyone who posts on a board like this is probably not "normal". :p

Ranger Mom
05-28-2008, 10:50 PM
But, then anyone who posts on a board like this is probably not "normal". :p

Ya think!!:crazy1:

Some of us or more abnormal than others too, I suppose!!:)

I just noticed....of the 18 registered members that are online right now, half of us are invisible!!

j_dog
05-28-2008, 11:05 PM
Ya think!!:crazy1:

Some of us or more abnormal than others too, I suppose!!:)

I just noticed....of the 18 registered members that are online right now, half of us are invisible!!
but if you see clothes start moving around, with an invisible body, that is a clue that somebody is there! :confused: