http://assets.espn.go.com/photo/2007/0802/nba_g_crawford_275.jpg

Rediculous

kepdawg
05-27-2008, 08:56 PM
Originally posted by Go Blue
Joey Crawford is working tonights game for the spurs :(

http://assets.espn.go.com/photo/2007/0802/nba_g_crawford_275.jpg

Rediculous

Is that the guy people don't like because he calls fouls against the Spurs?

Old Tiger
05-27-2008, 08:59 PM
this is why

http://www.youtube.com/v/Lu1Wz5JQEz8&hl=en

kepdawg
05-27-2008, 09:01 PM
this is why

http://www.youtube.com/v/Lu1Wz5JQEz8&hl=en

Wouldn't it make more sense for people not to like Duncan because of that incident?

Old Tiger
05-27-2008, 09:03 PM
Originally posted by kepdawg
Wouldn't it make more sense for people not to like Duncan because of that incident? no

JasperDog94
05-27-2008, 09:03 PM
this is why

http://www.youtube.com/v/Lu1Wz5JQEz8&hl=en And he was suspended the rest of the playoffs last year. Joey Crawford is consistently ranked one of the top refs in the league and that's why he gets playoff games. You can't say "he's one of the best but we can't let him ref San Antonio" or any other team for that matter.

Old Tiger
05-27-2008, 09:04 PM
Originally posted by JasperDog94
And he was suspended the rest of the playoffs last year. Joey Crawford is consistently ranked one of the top refs in the league and that's why he gets playoff games. You can't say "he's one of the best but we can't let him ref San Antonio" or any other team for that matter. yes you can.

JasperDog94
05-27-2008, 09:08 PM
yes you can. Wrong blue. Either he's one of the best, or you don't let him officiate the playoffs...and he's officiating the playoffs.

Old Tiger
05-27-2008, 09:09 PM
Wrong blue. Either he's one of the best, or you don't let him officiate the playoffs...and he's officiating the playoffs. eastern conference ;)

JasperDog94
05-27-2008, 09:13 PM
eastern conference ;) All I am saying is that you can't limit a guy that is qualified to ref the playoffs. Either he's good enough to ref the playoffs or he's not.

Emerson1
05-27-2008, 09:17 PM
Where are these referee rankings I am always hearing about at?

JasperDog94
05-27-2008, 09:30 PM
Originally posted by Emerson1
Where are these referee rankings I am always hearing about at? Here's one (http://www.covers.com/pageLoader/pageLoader.aspx?page=/data/nba/referees/referees.html&t=0)

Emerson1
05-27-2008, 09:47 PM
That is how they do against betting lines, not their performance on the court

big daddy russ
05-27-2008, 10:23 PM
Here's one (http://www.covers.com/pageLoader/pageLoader.aspx?page=/data/nba/referees/referees.html&t=0)
????

That just talks about their tendencies towards betting lines.

wildstangs
05-27-2008, 10:53 PM
Spurs have a chance with 2.1 seconds left.

wildstangs
05-27-2008, 10:56 PM
LAKERS SURVIVE!

Old Tiger
05-27-2008, 10:56 PM
great no call by joey crawford....wrothless piece of crap!

wildstangs
05-27-2008, 10:57 PM

Waaaah.....He practically ran into Fisher.

crabman
05-27-2008, 11:03 PM
The NBA game no longer bears any resemblance to basketball. Let's see just how much we can beat the crap out of each other without the ref calling anything. It is not anything like the game is supposed to be played. It is kind of like hockey with nothing but goons on the floor. People will just stop watching the game.

Txbroadcaster
05-27-2008, 11:10 PM
Originally posted by crabman
The NBA game no longer bears any resemblance to basketball. Let's see just how much we can beat the crap out of each other without the ref calling anything. It is not anything like the game is supposed to be played. It is kind of like hockey with nothing but goons on the floor. People will just stop watching the game.

Well I see it as superstars can be touched by a pinky and will get a call everytime

the gamne ihas become let superstar drive, he flails and flops, gets call go to line

XtremeCouture
05-27-2008, 11:35 PM
Originally posted by crabman
exactly. if kobe doesnt go to the free throw line once you know they are just letting them play which is why the final play was a no call.

XtremeCouture
05-27-2008, 11:36 PM
Originally posted by Txbroadcaster
Well I see it as superstars can be touched by a pinky and will get a call everytime

the gamne ihas become let superstar drive, he flails and flops, gets call go to line
sounds like ginobili to me

halfnhalf
05-28-2008, 03:03 AM
Im sorry but the Spurs falling down like they broke a bone every time someone gives them a kiss and giving the "who me?" face every time that they have a foul on them is getting really old and frankly pretty pathetic.

Phil C
05-28-2008, 08:08 AM

Go unfortunately we were right about being concerned about a last second call (or no call) by Crawford if it came down to the last minute. I wish we had been wrong but Stern didn't want us to make the finals for the ratings money and had the deck stacked against us with Crawford who also officiated the first game. The other refs were just as responsible as Crawford. They should let teams scratch a certain amount of officials because Crawford doesn't belong officiating a Spurs game. LA needs to make a statue of Kobe and Jackson along with Crawford and Stern.

3afan
05-28-2008, 08:35 AM
:bigcry:

Adidas410s
05-28-2008, 09:02 AM
Originally posted by Phil C
Go unfortunately we were right about being concerned about a last second call (or no call) by Crawford if it came down to the last minute. I wish we had been wrong but Stern didn't want us to make the finals for the ratings money and had the deck stacked against us with Crawford who also officiated the first game. The other refs were just as responsible as Crawford. They should let teams scratch a certain amount of officials because Crawford doesn't belong officiating a Spurs game. LA needs to make a statue of Kobe and Jackson along with Crawford and Stern.

- WAHHHHH!!! (went the Sinton Godfather on his way to get another cup of coffee from the snack bar) :bigcry: :bigcry: :bigcry:
- Even the Spurs players agreed it was a correct no call.
- When the officials aren't calling fouls on Kobe's drives to the basket (he averages 10+ FT attempts/game) then it doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out that the officials are letting the guys play tonight.
- If you wanted to call a foul at all...it would've been on the floor and not a shooting foul and thus only 2 shots.
- The Spurs were fortunate the possession before as Derek Fisher's shot hit the rim but the shot clock never reset so Kobe had to heave up a shot that the Spurs were able to pull down for a rebound. If the shot clock resets, then the Spurs would've fouled Kobe and sent him to the line for 2 FT's.

The Lakers outplayed the Spurs last night. When Parker, Finley, Bowen, Ginobili, and Horry shoot 2-12 from 3pt range...then you should feel lucky to be in the game. It took a career night from Brent Barry to keep them in the game. Accept that the better team won and stop furthering the view from others that Spurs fans do nothing but whine and complain when things don't go there way. It's sad and childish...

Maroon87
05-28-2008, 09:38 AM

It's the playoffs...games shouldn't be decided on fouls like that. Good non call.

The Spurs shouldn't have to depend on the refs to bail them out. They had all night to take care of business and didn't get it done. Now they gotta re-create some of that Game 7 New Orleans magic to get back home.

DDBooger
05-28-2008, 09:41 AM
Originally posted by Maroon87
It's the playoffs...games shouldn't be decided on fouls like that. Good non call.

The Spurs shouldn't have to depend on the refs to bail them out. They had all night to take care of business and didn't get it done. Now they gotta re-create some of that Game 7 New Orleans magic to get back home. sux but true! :( thinking the inevitability of Lakers vs Celtics is imminent, but neither series is over yet.

Sweetwater Red
05-28-2008, 10:10 AM
Originally posted by DDBooger
neither series is over yet.

If Detroit wins tonight they both might as well be.:evillol:

Kickin It
05-28-2008, 10:22 AM
I am pulling for the Spurs, simply because they are a Texas team, but they are some of the most whining and flopping players in the league. That being said, they don't hold a candle to the biggest titty baby in the league, Baron Davis. Everytime I see that moron running around hacking, flopping, and crying I want to puke. However I would like to see the Spurs somehow come back and win the series so that a team from Texas is represented in the finals.

BreckTxLonghorn
05-28-2008, 10:29 AM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/playoffs2008/columns/story?columnist=stein_marc&page=SpursLakersGame4-080527

I thought this was a really good article regarding the last play. Even the Spurs knew they had no reason to gripe.

Phil C
05-28-2008, 10:33 AM
Originally posted by Maroon87

The Spurs shouldn't have to depend on the refs to bail them out. They had all night to take care of business and didn't get it done. Now they gotta re-create some of that Game 7 New Orleans magic to get back home.

A good point but as the old soothsayer said "A foul is a foul is a foul. Whether in the first five minutes or last five seconds."

Sweetwater Red
05-28-2008, 10:35 AM
Did anyone see Kobe lift his pivot foot with seconds remaining?
I didn't when it happened. I did when they showed it on ESPN
this morning. Not that they actually call traveling on the league's
superstars since back when Jordan entered the league.

Kickin It
05-28-2008, 10:48 AM
Did anyone see Tim Duncan take 12 steps before dunking the ball?

Txbroadcaster
05-28-2008, 10:56 AM
Originally posted by Kickin It
Did anyone see Tim Duncan take 12 steps before dunking the ball?

oh come on now..it was 10 steps, not 12

Sweetwater Red
05-28-2008, 11:06 AM
Originally posted by Txbroadcaster
oh come on now..it was 10 steps, not 12

I was thinking more like four or five really long steps.:thinking:

GreenMachine
05-28-2008, 11:10 AM
You Spurs haters make me sick. I will agree that they whine too much but all of the players in the NBA do. Yes and that includes Kobe and Lebron. The only reason they MAY whine less, is because they are "superstars" :rolleyes: and they get the calls 99% of the time. Go Spurs!!

GreenGobbla
05-28-2008, 11:12 AM
a quote by a good friend of mine...

"the spurs are like a well cooked wiener, they're DONE."

GreenMachine
05-28-2008, 11:31 AM
Originally posted by GreenGobbla
a quote by a good friend of mine...

"the spurs are like a well cooked wiener, they're DONE." :hand:

GreenGobbla
05-28-2008, 11:37 AM
Originally posted by GreenMachine
:hand:
:D

footballgal
05-28-2008, 11:39 AM
Originally posted by Adidas410s
- WAHHHHH!!! (went the Sinton Godfather on his way to get another cup of coffee from the snack bar) :bigcry: :bigcry: :bigcry:
- Even the Spurs players agreed it was a correct no call.
- Of course they did, they still have to play in LA!

SIDE NOTE: I will never understand how TEXANS can go against Texas Teams. Don't root for them, but why go out of the way to hate on them???

Maroon87
05-28-2008, 12:27 PM
Originally posted by BreckTxLonghorn
http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/playoffs2008/columns/story?columnist=stein_marc&page=SpursLakersGame4-080527

I thought this was a really good article regarding the last play. Even the Spurs knew they had no reason to gripe.

I love how the media continue to harp on the fact that they've never repaeated as a viable reason to withhold calling them a great team. A lot of these so called "experts" say the '83 Sixers were one of the best teams ever and they won exactly one title.

Whatever. Four titles is four titles. And counting...

Adidas410s
05-28-2008, 12:36 PM
Originally posted by footballgal
Of course they did, they still have to play in LA!

SIDE NOTE: I will never understand how TEXANS can go against Texas Teams. Don't root for them, but why go out of the way to hate on them???
The team is located in Texas...but that doesn't make any professional sports team a Texas Team. It's one thing when we're talking about a college football team that is primarily made up of players from Texas...but when talking pro teams the "they're from Texas" argument goes right out my window.

Sweetwater Red
05-28-2008, 12:46 PM
The team is located in Texas...but that doesn't make any professional sports team a Texas Team. It's one thing when we're talking about a college football team that is primarily made up of players from Texas...but when talking pro teams the "they're from Texas" argument goes right out my window.

Kinda like the Red Wings of old. They had 7(?) guys whose
lastname ended with OV...as in Fedorov, Kanstintinov, Larionov...
When they would play on the road other arenas would chant
U.S.A.! U.S.A.! U.S.A.!

I guess they could do it to the current team as well. There are
12 players from Sweden on the roster.

footballgal
05-28-2008, 01:30 PM
The team is located in Texas...but that doesn't make any professional sports team a Texas Team. It's one thing when we're talking about a college football team that is primarily made up of players from Texas...but when talking pro teams the "they're from Texas" argument goes right out my window. Hmm, ok I see one reason... why people could be a hater.

Oh and btw, they are still representing Texas like it or not.

OK, so since you're in the know, what's the ratio of Texas natives in our Texas Colleges?

GreenGobbla
05-28-2008, 01:41 PM
Of course they did, they still have to play in LA!

easy, there are better teams in other states. and its always fun to hate texas teams to me. but i dont hate the spurs as much as i do the cowboys and longhorns, but they are up there

BreckTxLonghorn
05-28-2008, 02:13 PM

OK, so since you're in the know, what's the ratio of Texas natives in our Texas Colleges?

Using UT, aTm, Texas Tech (taken from MBTF, aggieathletics, and TTU CSTV, respectively):

UT: 94% Texan (94 instate, 6 out)
aTm:88% (115 in, 15 out)
TTU: 83% (79 in, 16 out)

While I have no time nor patience to do this for any NBA, NFL, of MLB team, I'll put VERY good money none can match these ratios.

Adidas410s
05-28-2008, 02:22 PM
Originally posted by BreckTxLonghorn
Using UT, aTm, Texas Tech (taken from MBTF, aggieathletics, and TTU CSTV, respectively):

UT: 94% Texan (94 instate, 6 out)
aTm:88% (115 in, 15 out)
TTU: 83% (79 in, 16 out)

While I have no time nor patience to do this for any NBA, NFL, of MLB team, I'll put VERY good money none can match these ratios.
Thanks for the help...for once I didn't have the time to do that work. Message board smackdowns are a beautiful thing! ;)

BreckTxLonghorn
05-28-2008, 02:25 PM
Same 3 schools, but for basketball:

UT: 64% (9 in, 5 out)
aTm: 89% (16, 2)
TTU: 54% (7, 6)

Not near as high, still a good bet its higher than the pros.

footballgal
05-28-2008, 02:48 PM
Wow I see ... now show me some proof ;)

Never the less, I am still sticking to they represent Texas, good or bad.

BreckTxLonghorn
05-28-2008, 02:53 PM
Wow I see ... now show me some proof ;)

www.mackbrown-texasfootball.com
www.texassports.com
www.aggieathletics.com
http://texastech.cstv.com

:D

Kickin It
05-28-2008, 07:36 PM
Originally posted by GreenGobbla