PDA

View Full Version : So here is the whack nut I got on the phone today!

CHS_CG
05-27-2008, 07:26 PM
So I get back on the phone from my first break today about 9:40 this morning and the first call I get has no acct number with it, so I ask the lady if I may have her acct number to better assist her today and this is what is said

Cardmember: " Well sweetie, you sound like a very nice lady and I am sorry you are the one who had to get this phone call but I know you arent the one I need to talk to."

Me: "Ok ma'am lets see if I can get you to who you would like to speak with, what seems to be the situation I can assist you with"

Cardmember: " Well, while I was watching a program on Fox News the other day, I noticed one of your American Express ads ran as a commerical durning this program. Well during this program the lady clearly referred to Obama as Osama, then was corrected she said something to the effect of 'it would be nice if we could get them both', now she was already talking about the comments Clinton had made about the Kennedy assassination so the viewers were under the impression she meant nothing but to have both Osama and Obama killed. I as a cardmember want to know where your company stands on what was said since you clearly purchased air time durning her show."

Me: " You are correct, I am NOT the one you need to speak with but may I place you on hold for 1-2 minutes while I get a phone number"

*Placed her on hold* and at this point I seriously cant stop laughing, I dont know if I am just a bad person but it was very funny to me that this chick with nothing better to do with her day was calling american express bc we purchased air time on a network. So I go over to my boss and I tell him the situation and he is like "I am not taking the call!" So we finally find a public relations number and have her call it.

Then I got to thinking.. is this chick calling EVERY company that ran an ad or commerical on Fox News while this show was on!:eek:

LH Panther Mom
05-27-2008, 07:29 PM
She should've done like I did and emailed the company instead of calling. :p

And no, I wasn't griping about the program the commercial aired in, but the commercial itself. :eek: :nerd:

CHS_CG
05-27-2008, 07:35 PM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
She should've done like I did and emailed the company instead of calling. :p

And no, I wasn't griping about the program the commercial aired in, but the commercial itself. :eek: :nerd:

An Amex commercial?

LH Panther Mom
05-27-2008, 07:36 PM
Originally posted by CHS_CG
An Amex commercial?
Nope :p

But I'm sure whoever replied to my email turned around to her office mates and told them about the whack nut that just emailed. :p