PDA

View Full Version : If You Didn't Think Being a Hot Girl Had Advantages..

Matthew328
05-27-2008, 06:54 PM
I always knew if you were a hot chick you could always get into clubs for free and get out of speeding tickets etc....and I also heard you had a better chance of getting a job but I saw it in action not once but twice today....

This morning I went to visit a buddy of mine who is a VP in another department at my job...well when I came by he was interviewing a very attractive young lady...so I decided to stop by the cafe and grab a donut and hang out for minute until the interview ends...well I come back and he's by himself so I step in the office and here is the convo

Matt "How'd the interview go?"
VP: "Horrible, she's underqualified and not very bright"
Matt: "Ohh thats too bad, I am sure you'll fill the position"
VP: "Well, the position is filled I am going to offer her a job"
Matt gives puzzled look
VP: "Matt, did you see how hot she was? I can have her file papers as long as she wears short skirts she'll always have a job"

Then I just get back from an unnamed fast food joint in Lake Worth, while there I notice there is one guy there who ironically is the cashier and 5 good looking young ladies. The manager a guy probably in his mid 30's is interviewing a young blonde who is also attractive in the lobby..so I notice the situation and in a playful manner tell the guy cashier,

Matt: "I bet your manager hires that chick"
Cashier: "I bet he does too, look around you think I'm the only guy here for a reason"
Matt: "Wow"
Cashier points at self and says "More for me"

LOL

Old Green
05-28-2008, 12:05 AM
Originally posted by Matthew328
I always knew if you were a hot chick you could always get into clubs for free and get out of speeding tickets etc....and I also heard you had a better chance of getting a job but I saw it in action not once but twice today....

This morning I went to visit a buddy of mine who is a VP in another department at my job...well when I came by he was interviewing a very attractive young lady...so I decided to stop by the cafe and grab a donut and hang out for minute until the interview ends...well I come back and he's by himself so I step in the office and here is the convo

Matt gives puzzled look
VP: "Matt, did you see how hot she was? I can have her file papers as long as she wears short skirts she'll always have a job"

Then I just get back from an unnamed fast food joint in Lake Worth, while there I notice there is one guy there who ironically is the cashier and 5 good looking young ladies. The manager a guy probably in his mid 30's is interviewing a young blonde who is also attractive in the lobby..so I notice the situation and in a playful manner tell the guy cashier,

Cashier: "I bet he does too, look around you think I'm the only guy here for a reason"

LOL :fnypost: :2thumbsup

FutureAD
05-28-2008, 12:29 AM
ya its weird how this happens. In my communications class at Texas State there is a whole chapter on this and how people give better looking people more attention.

Chief Woodman
05-28-2008, 04:38 AM
Originally posted by Matthew328

Matt gives puzzled look

LOL

I am thinking you should name this eating place. They need my...uh...some business.

Ranger Mom
05-28-2008, 08:51 AM
When I lived in Big Spring the ONLY people who worked at Sonic were the "undesirables!"

Imagine my shock when I went to a Sonic in Austin and saw all these cute girls working there.....come to find out, these were all daughters of rich men and working at Sonic was just something "fun to do"....that Sonic did a BOOMING business.

Of course, that was back in the day when you were able to park your car and "hang out"...I don't know if any of them even allow that anymore!!

Adidas410s
05-28-2008, 09:09 AM
Originally posted by FutureAD
ya its weird how this happens. In my communications class at Texas State there is a whole chapter on this and how people give better looking people more attention.
Think about it...it makes perfect sense. Would you want to hire somebody that you can't look at? I'm not saying in a sexual way or anything...but if the sight/smell/look of a person is repulsive it can have a negative impact on you and other employees and thus bring down productivity. Furthermore, if that person is in a customer facing position it also effects how customers perceive your place of business. Case in point, I used to pick up a blizzard every Wednesday after lunch at Dairy Queen. However, they hired a young girl that is VERY out of shape and she works the Wednesday lunch shift. I have no desire to have a blizzard made and given to me by somebody who looks like they've had a few too many themselves. Her serving fast food reminds me of 1) how unhealthy fast food is for you and 2) what I could look like if I continue to eat the fast food. I pushed through for a few weeks as the first bite of the blizzard changed my mind...but eventually it became disturbing enough that I stopped getting a blizzard altogether! :(

BobcatBenny
05-28-2008, 09:11 AM
Oh come on. Of course good looking gals get the job. How do you think the 3ADL ended up with an all female moderatorship?

Foxy! :)

jason
05-28-2008, 09:15 AM
Originally posted by Adidas410s
Think about it...it makes perfect sense. Would you want to hire somebody that you can't look at? .... I have no desire to have a blizzard given to me by somebody who looks like they've had a few too many themselves .... but eventually it became disturbing enough that I stopped getting a blizzard altogether! :(

apply that same mindset to strip clubs - bleh......

just replace the word blizzard with lapdance....

Bull's-eye
05-28-2008, 09:16 AM
Remember the movie Shallow Hal? Gwyneth Paltrow went out in her "fat costume" and was surprised at the way people treated her compared to being an attractive woman. People weren't as friendly and men didn' take time to open doors.

I remember when my daughter was away in college and she called to tell me she had a headlight out in her car. I told her to go to the local auto parts store and ask one of the guys there if they could help her change the light. She is a very cute girl, so I knew they would help her. She called back to tell me 3 guys went out to change her light.

DDBooger
05-28-2008, 09:38 AM
Originally posted by FutureAD
ya its weird how this happens. In my communications class at Texas State there is a whole chapter on this and how people give better looking people more attention. its a well researched item in soc. dept here at txstate ;) you can add taller to the mix as well, but generally in more white collar arenas and more significant in other cultures (asian).

BobcatBenny
05-28-2008, 10:42 AM
When I do not want a hassle getting a problem resolved . . . and it is a bunch of guys running the show, I send my wife.

She is hot!

And . . . the problem always goes away.

Is that wrong of me to do? :confused:

BILLYFRED0000
05-28-2008, 11:23 AM
come on benny, that was a silly question.......

I have a beautiful wife and 3 beautiful daughters. they get all the looks and I get away with everything.... well not at home..

BobcatBenny
05-28-2008, 11:42 AM
Originally posted by BILLYFRED0000
come on benny, that was a silly question.......

I have a beautiful wife and 3 beautiful daughters. they get all the looks and I get away with everything.... well not at home..
Hey, if I counted right that is four hot chicks at your house.

Hey, could I borrow them for a bit? I need a new set of tires! :D

BILLYFRED0000
05-28-2008, 11:53 AM
Hey I just bought a truck that way.....

Paid 6500 for a truck that books at 10,500.....