PDA

View Full Version : Hope Ortiz passes away :(

Phil C
05-27-2008, 03:30 PM
I just found out that she passed away last week and has been burried. That makes it even harder to accept. She was so young and she was a great competor at Odem HS and played many great games against Sinton. She was only 23. She played in college also. RIP Hope. We lost you much too soon. A great athlete and person. When I was told this a while ago it was a big blow.

Thank you everyone for your prayers and support. I know Riflearm and her parents are upset about this because they were great high school rivals. Sad news. :(

Ranger Mom
05-27-2008, 03:35 PM
Originally posted by Phil C
I just found out that she passed away last week and has been burried. That makes it even harder to accept. She was so young and she was a great competor at Odem HS and played many great games against Sinton. She was only 23. She played in college also. RIP Hope. We lost you much too soon. A great athlete and person. When I was told this a while ago it was a big blow.

Thank you everyone for your prayers and support. I know Riflearm and her parents are upset about this because they were great high school rivals. Sad news. :(

How did she die?

Buccaneer
05-27-2008, 03:39 PM
http://bbs.3adownlow.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=80828

Ranger Mom
05-27-2008, 03:41 PM
So she died from Leukemia!!:(

That was the first time I had seen that thread that Aaron posted!!

Phil C
05-27-2008, 03:54 PM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
So she died from Leukemia!!:(

That was the first time I had seen that thread that Aaron posted!!

Me too RM. I don't know how I missed it. :(

Phil C
05-27-2008, 04:08 PM
This is her orbituary that was posted in the Corpus Christi Caller Times.

http://obits.caller.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=viewobit&ID=63225

Phil C
05-30-2008, 02:20 PM
I visited her grave yesterday. If any of you go through Odem on Highway 77 and would like to visit her grave you will the cemetery just east of this Hwy about 1 mile south of Odem. Usually the gate next to the Hwy is closed but just exit on the road just north of the cemetary and you will see gate to your right after about 15 yards and it should be opened. Just get out and go to the gate along the Highway and she is burried right near there. Man I am so sorry that this happened to Hope. :(