PDA

View Full Version : $7/gallon gasoline...

jason
05-27-2008, 08:39 AM
Gas Price Prediction: $6 to $7 per Gallon in 6 to 24 Months

Think that gasoline is expensive at $4 a gallon? Maybe, but apparently that price point isn’t high enough to make Americans change their usual day-to-day driving habit:

If oil hits $200 a barrel, which is the upper end of Goldman Sach’s prediction for prices over the next six months to two years, the gasoline picture changes quite dramatically. At $200 a barrel, crude alone would cost $4.76 a gallon. Add on the costs of refining and distributing as well as taxes, and pump prices could rise to a range of $6 to $7 a gallon.

U.S. drivers haven’t radically changed their behavior, and it is unclear at what price it becomes unprofitable for Americans to go about their usual day-to-day activities, said Eric DeGesero, executive vice president of the Fuel Merchants Association of New Jersey.

"Maybe at $6 or $7 a gallon, it becomes less attractive to go to work," Mr. DeGesero said. "We haven’t hit that point yet, but we might soon."

LINK (http://www.neatorama.com/2008/05/26/gas-price-prediction-6-to-7-per-gallon-in-6-to-24-months/)

Ranger Mom
05-27-2008, 08:52 AM
I better start saving now or I won't be able to go to football games!!!!:eek: :eek:

LH Panther Mom
05-27-2008, 08:53 AM
I wonder how much money this firm this company is making off of gas futures. :thinking:

footballgal
05-27-2008, 09:32 AM
:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :mad:

STANG RED
05-27-2008, 10:19 AM
I set my cruise control on 65 instead of my usual 70-75 yesterday on my way to Ft. Worth, and it saved about 2 miles per gallon on a 210 mile trip. During that whole trip I may have passed two cars total, but was passed by hundreds of others going at least 70, and some going much faster. If everyone would just slow down a little we could save millions of gallons in this country. This alone could keep the price of fuel down, and maybe even make it drop some. Prices are driven by futures speculaters, who will back off as soon as they see a drop in demand. Its pure economics to them. So if everyone will just do their part to use less, the prices will most certainly stop climbing, and may even start dropping.
I'm even going to drop my speed down to 60 or 55 on my trip back home Friday and see if I can get even a couple more miles per gallon. I would sure like to see some others do the same.
Car pooling is also a great way to cut useage, if people would just do it when they can.
This coming football season would be a great oppertunity for many of us to carpool to games together and share the cost of fuel. It'll be cheaper on the pocket books, and help lower usage. Thats a win win for all of us. Please try to do this whenever you can.

Black_Magic
05-27-2008, 10:23 AM
Well Its a shame... cant do anything about it. its just the way things are.:rolleyes: The poor oil companies hate having to charge us what they do. They are barley making ends meet them selves. Lets just keep on doing what we have been doing and Pray things change:crazy1:

Bull's-eye
05-27-2008, 12:35 PM
Originally posted by STANG RED
I set my cruise control on 65 instead of my usual 70-75 yesterday on my way to Ft. Worth, and it saved about 2 miles per gallon on a 210 mile trip. During that whole trip I may have passed two cars total, but was passed by hundreds of others going at least 70, and some going much faster. If everyone would just slow down a little we could save millions of gallons in this country. This alone could keep the price of fuel down, and maybe even make it drop some. Prices are driven by futures speculaters, who will back off as soon as they see a drop in demand. Its pure economics to them. So if everyone will just do their part to use less, the prices will most certainly stop climbing, and may even start dropping.
I'm even going to drop my speed down to 60 or 55 on my trip back home Friday and see if I can get even a couple more miles per gallon. I would sure like to see some others do the same.
Car pooling is also a great way to cut useage, if people would just do it when they can.
This coming football season would be a great oppertunity for many of us to carpool to games together and share the cost of fuel. It'll be cheaper on the pocket books, and help lower usage. Thats a win win for all of us. Please try to do this whenever you can.

:iagree: One note, if your driving through hilly areas, the cruise may cost you more gas. The cruise will tend to "stomp" the pedal when climbing. A slow gradual increase in acceleration will conserve more gas.

Reds fan
05-27-2008, 12:38 PM
Originally posted by Bull's-eye
:iagree: One note, if your driving through hilly areas, the cruise may cost you more gas. The cruise will tend to "stomp" the pedal when climbing. A slow gradual increase in acceleration will conserve more gas.

:thumbsup: True, very true!

JasperDog94
05-27-2008, 12:39 PM
Originally posted by Black_Magic
Well Its a shame... cant do anything about it. its just the way things are.:rolleyes: The poor oil companies hate having to charge us what they do. They are barley making ends meet them selves. Lets just keep on doing what we have been doing and Pray things change:crazy1: Yeah. Let's keep not drilling where we know there is oil. That's a great idea.:thumbsup:

STANG RED
05-27-2008, 12:42 PM
Originally posted by Bull's-eye

True, but about the only elevation change between Sweetwater and Ft. Worth is Ranger hill. And not many curves either.
We're flatlanders out here.:D

JasperDog94
05-27-2008, 12:57 PM
link (http://www.economist.com/business/displaystory.cfm?story_id=11043022)

JUST how much oil is there off the coast of Brazil? Until recently, Brazil’s oil reserves were thought to be relatively modest: about 12 billion barrels at the beginning of 2007, according to BP, or about 1% of the world’s total. But last year, Petrobras, Brazil’s partly state-owned oil firm, announced the world’s biggest oil discovery since 2000: the Tupi field, which it hopes will produce between 5 billion and 8 billion barrels. Now the head of Brazil’s National Petroleum Agency (ANP) says another nearby discovery might hold as much as 33 billion barrels, which would make it the third-largest field ever found. That alone would be enough to raise Brazil to eighth position in the global oil rankings—and there is talk of further big discoveries. But the peculiar way in which the information came to light is casting doubt on its significance.

The ANP, which regulates the oil industry in Brazil, was quick to distance itself from the remarks of its boss, Haroldo Lima. His comments were of a personal nature, it said, and were based on past reports in the media. It helpfully cited an article from a magazine, World Oil, that had mentioned the magic figure of 33 billion barrels in February. Petrobras and its partners in the field, BG of Britain and Repsol-YPF of Spain, said that they had not yet done enough tests to determine exactly how much oil it contained.

But no one dismissed the estimate as preposterous. That, plus the fact that a senior official had given any credence to such a dramatic number, caused the share prices of the three firms to jump, despite the fact that Mr Lima claims he does not even know where the stockmarket is, and certainly did not intend to influence it. At one point Repsol’s was up by 14%. The shares of Hess, an American firm which is part of a consortium looking for oil nearby, posted their biggest gain since 1981.

Both Tupi and the field mentioned by Mr Lima, Carioca-Sugar Loaf, lie far below the seabed, beneath a thick layer of salt that is some 800km long and 200km wide. José Sérgio Gabrielli, Petrobras’s boss, has hinted that there are vast reserves of oil to be found in this “pre-salt” formation. At any rate, Petrobras has struck oil every time it has drilled there. It is currently assessing the reserves of yet another nearby discovery, Jupiter, which appears to be very similar in scale to Tupi. The firm’s head of exploration says “there is practically no exploratory risk” in the area. While this does not necessarily transform Brazil into an oil power on a par with Venezuela or Saudi Arabia, as Dilma Rousseff, the chairman of Petrobras’s board and chief of staff to Brazil’s president, has excitedly proclaimed, it suggests that the volumes of oil involved are very big.

Nonetheless, the immediate impact of the “pre-salt” discoveries will be small. It will be several years at least before any of the new oil comes to market. What is more, it will be expensive to produce. The fields are all far out at sea, deep under ground that is itself far below sea level. Simply drilling the first test well at Tupi cost $240m, and costs are likely to rise, thanks to fierce inflation throughout the oil industry. As if to underscore the point, the oil price hit a new record, of $114.41 a barrel, a couple of days after Mr Lima dropped his bombshell.

Even if there is an ocean of oil off Brazil’s coast, it will not necessarily be of much benefit to big oil firms, which have struggled to gain access to promising territory for exploration of late, thanks to growing nationalism in oil-rich countries. Brazil had been a heartening exception. But after Petrobras announced the discovery at Tupi, the ANP cancelled a planned auction of rights to explore for oil in several adjacent areas. Mr Gabrielli, the boss of Petrobras, says that the state’s relatively low share of the revenues from oil production in Brazil should be increased to reflect the decreasing risks and increasing profitability of exploration.

The discoveries do suggest that the gloomiest pundits are wrong to predict that the world will soon run out of oil. It is not that there are still lots of huge oil fields out there: the number of mammoth discoveries is declining, Tupi (and perhaps Carioca-Sugar Loaf and Jupiter) notwithstanding. But the new finds do illustrate how the technology with which oil firms hunt for, extract and process fossil fuels is constantly improving. Petrobras’s recent success is only possible thanks to recent advancements in seismic surveys, drilling, and offshore platforms. Other technological developments are allowing a greater proportion of the oil found around the world to be recovered and are even expanding the definition of oil, as firms conjure liquid fuel from the solid tar-sands of Canada, for example, or from coal and natural gas. Indeed, among the shares that rose in the wake of Mr Lima’s comments were those of the firms that supply Petrobras with all its clever kit.

JasperDog94
05-27-2008, 01:04 PM
So there IS oil in the Atlantic!!! Not that it matters to the US. We can't touch the Atlantic....or the Pacific...or ANWAR...or....:rolleyes:

Don't miss these comments from the article:

Petrobras has struck oil every time it has drilled there.

The firm’s head of exploration says “there is practically no exploratory risk” in the area.

The discoveries do suggest that the gloomiest pundits are wrong to predict that the world will soon run out of oil.

sahen
05-27-2008, 01:30 PM
makes me wonder where this site (original post) is coming from and if they have money in oil futures...

from aol.com today, http://money.aol.com/news/articles/_a/driving-drops-as-gas-prices-hit-4/20080527124509990001?icid=100214839x1202817099x120 0117709
americans had the biggest drop in gasoline usage since 1942 in march...i imagine the april/may numbers will beat that...

zebrablue2
05-27-2008, 02:07 PM
I heard on ktrh this morning that the dollar is once again gaining strength, and oil prices dropped some early today. how the heck is it all of the sudden gaining strength? I think its called, we about have the gas price where we want it for the summer..

Phil C
05-27-2008, 02:16 PM
"As the price per barrell of oil is raised the price per gallon of gasoline rises rapidly. As the price per barrell of oil goes down the price per gallon of gasloines goes down slowly." said the Sinton GodFather while on his way to the snack bar for a cup of coffee.

BILLYFRED0000
05-27-2008, 02:21 PM
Here is a numbing statistic.
At 100 dollars a barrel crude is 2.38 a gallon. At 200 4.76. That is unrefined crude. You can see where gas prices are and why and it has nothing to go with the oil companies unless you want to yell at Chavez and Opec and all the other countries lovin the high price of crude oh and don't for get the Russians who need hard currency to prop up their economy.

jason
05-27-2008, 02:27 PM
its over $9 in london - i saw on yahoo that truck drivers, over 300 of them, parked on a highway in protest then drove through the london town square....

JasperDog94
05-27-2008, 02:32 PM
Originally posted by jason
its over $9 in london - i saw on yahoo that truck drivers, over 300 of them, parked on a highway in protest then drove through the london town square.... I heard about that. 9 bucks a gallon for diesel. That's crazy!!!:ack!:

Ranger Mom
05-27-2008, 02:52 PM
Originally posted by jason
its over $9 in london - i saw on yahoo that truck drivers, over 300 of them, parked on a highway in protest then drove through the london town square....

What?!?!?!

You mean President Bush has THAT much pull for it to affect London too???

WOW!!!

Adidas410s
05-27-2008, 03:05 PM
Originally posted by STANG RED
I drove from Lubbock to Dallas the other day and instead of cruising at 70-75 mph (where I get 32 mpg for the trip) I set the cruise at 63-65 and got 36 mpg for the trip. I drive 40 miles to work (for one more week thank God) and have cut my speed down to 60 from 70. It adds about 5 minutes to my day...but I get an extra 80 miles (or one day worth of commute) out of my gas tank by doing so.

Conservation...it's not a dirty word!

Phil C
05-27-2008, 04:03 PM
Originally posted by Adidas410s
I drove from Lubbock to Dallas the other day and instead of cruising at 70-75 mph (where I get 32 mpg for the trip) I set the cruise at 63-65 and got 36 mpg for the trip. I drive 40 miles to work (for one more week thank God) and have cut my speed down to 60 from 70. It adds about 5 minutes to my day...but I get an extra 80 miles (or one day worth of commute) out of my gas tank by doing so.

Conservation...it's not a dirty word!

Ad you must set it at 50 mph.

JasperDog94
05-27-2008, 04:08 PM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
What?!?!?!

You mean President Bush has THAT much pull for it to affect London too???

WOW!!! Not just Bush. It's the big, bad, evil oil companies too.:mad: :mad: :mad:

Old Tiger
05-27-2008, 05:27 PM
I don't buy the supply and demand propoganda.

sahen
05-27-2008, 05:31 PM
Originally posted by Go Blue

well, the price is being driven up by OPEC countries not increasing their supply...the problem is the USA is not going to decrease their demand by a huge amount overnight because we are such a large country...most people live far enough away from work that they cant walk/ride a bike there in a reasonable amount of time and public transportation has never boomed in most places in our country due to the fact that oil was cheap until now...we will see what happens in the future, but this huge drop in demand that they are looking for wont happen over night, at least not in the USA....

navscanmaster
05-27-2008, 05:37 PM

You are one of the few. Sure there is more too it than just supply and demand, but like it or not, supply is stagnant while demand continues to grow, thanks more and more to China and India. Now producing countries could produce more supply to meet the demand, but they are not. So whether shady, illegal, or greedy, supply and demand are big players in the oil industry.

I myself do not drive over 60 anymore. Cruise control is used until I get near an incline. Then I gas it up slowly to gain speed before the incline, and let off the accelerator slowly while going up the incline. My F-150 V8 will get it's maximum 20 mpg, and my wife's CRV V4 will get 34-38 mpg. It has made a difference for our gas spending for sure.

Txbroadcaster
05-27-2008, 05:40 PM
actually today it comes out that supply is not as overwhelmed by demand as the speculators seem to think

sinfan75
05-27-2008, 06:58 PM
I heard on the radio (one of them farm and ranch early morning shows) that they're seeing fuel prices leveling off and even dropping in the near future. I guess that's why it was early in the morning. They want nobody hearing any GOOD news.:D And I still ain't figured out why diesel is higher than gasoline when its cheaper to make.

sahen
05-27-2008, 08:54 PM
Originally posted by Txbroadcaster
actually today it comes out that supply is not as overwhelmed by demand as the speculators seem to think

the speculators are crooks...that is what is wrong w/ that situation...

sahen
05-27-2008, 08:56 PM
Originally posted by sinfan75
And I still ain't figured out why diesel is higher than gasoline when its cheaper to make.

I think it has something to do w/ the developing countries using more diesel than gasoline...semis and busses andall normally use diesel so the demand for diesel over the world is pretty high and they make less of it than gasoline...something like that is the explanation i heard, but yes it does seem weird...

Old Tiger
05-27-2008, 08:57 PM
Originally posted by sahen
I think it has something to do w/ the developing countries using more diesel than gasoline...semis and busses andall normally use diesel so the demand for diesel over the world is pretty high and they make less of it than gasoline...something like that is the explanation i heard, but yes it does seem weird... You think wrong brotha.....it's about the oil company making that paper.

LH Panther Mom
05-27-2008, 09:06 PM
makes me wonder where this site (original post) is coming from and if they have money in oil futures...

:cool: GMTA

Old Tiger
05-27-2008, 09:07 PM
this site is the fox news type and nothing will change their hard headed minds

sahen
05-27-2008, 09:08 PM
You think wrong brotha.....it's about the oil company making that paper.

a quick google search shows im not all that wrong...

Historically, the average price of on-highway diesel fuel was usually lower than or close to the price of regular gasoline. In some cold winters demand for distillate heating oil pushed diesel fuel prices higher. Since September 2004, diesel prices have been higher than regular gasoline prices almost continuously for several reasons:

-High worldwide demand for diesel fuel and other distillate fuel oils, especially in Europe, China, India and the United States, and a tight global refining capacity available to meet demand.

-The transition to lower-sulfur diesel fuels in the United States is affecting diesel fuel production and distribution costs.

-The Federal excise tax on on-highway diesel fuel is 6 cents per gallon higher (at 24.4 cents/gallon) than the tax on gasoline.

http://tonto.eia.doe.gov/ask/diesel_faqs.asp (http://tonto.eia.doe.gov/ask/diesel_faqs.asp)

the oil companies arent sticking us anymore w/ diesel than w/ gas, it just cost more cause more demand and our government (boy they are convienant) taxing it and putting more restrictions on it...

JasperDog94
05-27-2008, 09:09 PM
this site is the fox news type and nothing will change their hard headed minds lol :blahblah: :blahblah:

Old Tiger
05-27-2008, 09:10 PM
Originally posted by JasperDog94
lol :blahblah: :blahblah: :D:D:D

JasperDog94
05-27-2008, 09:11 PM
Blue,

If you had a commodity that you were selling at 10 bucks a pop and somebody else offered you 12, would you keep selling it at 10? Same thing with oil. There's only so much oil right now (supply) and with the rise of India and China and their increasing demands (and the limits put on exploration in the US) that causes the price to go up. Simple economics.

Old Tiger
05-27-2008, 09:11 PM
a quick google search shows im not all that wrong...

Historically, the average price of on-highway diesel fuel was usually lower than or close to the price of regular gasoline. In some cold winters demand for distillate heating oil pushed diesel fuel prices higher. Since September 2004, diesel prices have been higher than regular gasoline prices almost continuously for several reasons:

-High worldwide demand for diesel fuel and other distillate fuel oils, especially in Europe, China, India and the United States, and a tight global refining capacity available to meet demand.

-The transition to lower-sulfur diesel fuels in the United States is affecting diesel fuel production and distribution costs.

-The Federal excise tax on on-highway diesel fuel is 6 cents per gallon higher (at 24.4 cents/gallon) than the tax on gasoline.

http://tonto.eia.doe.gov/ask/diesel_faqs.asp (http://tonto.eia.doe.gov/ask/diesel_faqs.asp)

the oil companies arent sticking us anymore w/ diesel than w/ gas, it just cost more cause more demand and our government (boy they are convienant) taxing it and putting more restrictions on it... brother you're so naive. The government is ran by oil company lobbyist as well as pharmaceutical lobbyist and any other major corporation that has lobbyist. It's all corrupt my friend

Old Tiger
05-27-2008, 09:13 PM
Blue,

If you had a commodity that you were selling at 10 bucks a pop and somebody else offered you 12, would you keep selling it at 10? Same thing with oil. There's only so much oil right now (supply) and with the rise of India and China and their increasing demands (and the limits put on exploration in the US) that causes the price to go up. Simple economics. If I were still making profit at 10$ yes. As the famous Joe Dirt once said "it's not what you like it's the consumer"

JasperDog94
05-27-2008, 09:15 PM
If I were still making profit at 10$ yes. As the famous Joe Dirt once said "it's not what you like it's the consumer" Then do yourself a favor and never, EVER run your own business, because you will fail miserably.

Old Tiger
05-27-2008, 09:16 PM
Then do yourself a favor and never, EVER run your own business, because you will fail miserably. I would never cause the way our country and government is ran the small business man gets screwed just like the middle class and lower class.

JasperDog94
05-27-2008, 09:22 PM
I would never cause the way our country and government is ran the small business man gets screwed just like the middle class and lower class. Our country's economic system is based on capitalism and free enterprise. But don't worry. The way things are going now, the liberals want to socialize everything because we all know that the government can solve all problems and take care of us better than we can take care of ourselves. ;)

Old Tiger
05-27-2008, 09:23 PM
Our country's economic system is based on capitalism and free enterprise. But don't worry. The way things are going now, the liberals want to socialize everything because we all know that the government can solve all problems and take care of us better than we can take care of ourselves. ;) that's right

:D

JasperDog94
05-27-2008, 09:31 PM
that's right

:D Do you really believe that the government should make decisions for you or do you want to take responsibility for and make your own choices?

LH Panther Mom
05-27-2008, 09:31 PM
:mad: :mad: :mad: Do NOT make me regret this! I already saw one comment that is almost doing it before I say this.

Am I the only person that thinks this validates what he said? :doh: that's tough to say :p

Original thread - April 4 (http://bbs.3adownlow.com/vb/showthread.php?threadid=80377)

(The original news link has dropped from yahoo archives.)

Old Tiger
05-27-2008, 09:32 PM
Do you really believe that the government should make decisions for you or do you want to take responsibility for and make your own choices? no...

sinfan75
05-27-2008, 09:34 PM
I consider myself middle class and I don't see me suffering that much. Things are gettin higher but live with it. Can't live cheap all your life. :D

JasperDog94
05-27-2008, 09:34 PM
no... Then trust me, you don't want socialism. Which is exactly what the liberals (including some republicans) want.

Emerson1
05-27-2008, 09:51 PM
Isn't it already that high in other countries and has been for a while?

Old Tiger
05-27-2008, 09:56 PM
Originally posted by Emerson1
Isn't it already that high in other countries and has been for a while? Yup....it's been higher over in those countries for a long time.

People say the American dollar is decreasing in value that is why the gas prices are going up. Well the Euro is increasing in value so why isn't their prices going down? ;)

JasperDog94
05-27-2008, 10:09 PM
Yup....it's been higher over in those countries for a long time.

People say the American dollar is decreasing in value that is why the gas prices are going up. Well the Euro is increasing in value so why isn't their prices going down? ;) Supply and demand.;)

Ranger Mom
05-27-2008, 10:39 PM
Originally posted by sinfan75
I consider myself middle class and I don't see me suffering that much. Things are gettin higher but live with it. Can't live cheap all your life. :D

For the past 15 years or so, I've done better each year than the year before....no complaints here!

Black_Magic
05-28-2008, 10:31 AM
NOBODY can do anything about it. Exon, Shell, and Texaco are doing all they can to keep from charging the consumers too much. I hear they are cutting executives pay by 2 dollars an hour . They are having a hard time making ends meet. If they try to cut too deep then they may go under and we wont have any oil at all. We all just need to cut back and maybe take second jobs to pay for the increase. Im sure the government and administration are doing every thing they possibly could to keep the Oil prices down.

BobcatBenny
05-28-2008, 10:37 AM
I am as upset as anyone that I can't afford to drive anywhere and I just have to sit around and goof on the Down Low for entertainment purposes.

But . . . this is capitalism.

We will get by. And . . . yes many businesses may fail because of the rising cost of fuel. But, we will adapt. We are Texans.

Just get used to having your gas tanks drilled and drained by those that think stealing is a good solution. :eek:

footballgal
05-28-2008, 11:21 AM
EVERYTHING is going up - like groceries I am getting like 1/3 less things for the same amount of money I was paying just within this last year. takes gas to deliver these items to the strores, even cutting your lawn is more expensive now.

footballgal
05-28-2008, 11:25 AM
A good question was brought up on another board, anyone have one??

Originally posted by The Eagle Prophet:
I'm gonna throw a wrench into this topic. Just food for thought! Does the Bush visit to beg the Saudis for more and cheaper oil along with the simple fact that Chenney is part of the Halliburton group indicate that they are milking the prices to no end or is this just a legit thing that is happening in our gas prices. I remember gas at $1.33 just about four years ago and look at things now. Almost triple in price. Can you imagine going from a 20K pay at your job to a 60K pay in a matter of 4 to 5 years? What?? Yes almost tripled in price in that short time span. I don't know, there is something fishy about this, but I could be wrong...

BILLYFRED0000
05-28-2008, 12:18 PM
brother you're so naive. The government is ran by oil company lobbyist as well as pharmaceutical lobbyist and any other major corporation that has lobbyist. It's all corrupt my friend

And you think it is a conspiracy. This is simple. It is a conspiracy of the democratic left wing environmentalist who have convinced everybody that Oil is the bad guy and they destroy the world when the drill. We have enough discovered untapped resources right now to practically supply us if we could drill it. Opec and the others are not going to lower supply and they control more oil than we do. If they wanted they could boost supply. I am sure some washington lobbyist has something that a multi billionaire in Saudi wants.

Black_Magic
05-28-2008, 12:21 PM
Originally posted by BILLYFRED0000
And you think it is a conspiracy. This is simple. It is a conspiracy of the democratic left wing environmentalist who have convinced everybody that Oil is the bad guy and they destroy the world when the drill. We have enough discovered untapped resources right now to practically supply us if we could drill it. Opec and the others are not going to lower supply and they control more oil than we do. If they wanted they could boost demand. I am sure some washington lobbyist has something that a multi billionaire in Saudi wants. :rolleyes: :1omg!: :lies: :blahblah: :tisk:

BILLYFRED0000
05-28-2008, 12:27 PM
This is so much common sense. Think about it. Saudi Kuwait are getting so filthy rich they pump what they want to keep it where it is. They like being rich. We only control demand. Not supply.

Black_Magic
05-28-2008, 12:36 PM
" Originally posted by The Eagle Prophet:
I'm gonna throw a wrench into this topic. Just food for thought! Does the Bush visit to beg the Saudis for more and cheaper oil along with the simple fact that Chenney is part of the Halliburton group indicate that they are milking the prices to no end or is this just a legit thing that is happening in our gas prices. I remember gas at $1.33 just about four years ago and look at things now. Almost triple in price. Can you imagine going from a 20K pay at your job to a 60K pay in a matter of 4 to 5 years? What?? Yes almost tripled in price in that short time span. I don't know, there is something fishy about this, but I could be wrong... "

It does not take a profesor to understand this statment and see how reasonable it is. TRUE SO SO TRUE.... But keep thinking nothing can be done and it is simple economics...:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

BILLYFRED0000
05-28-2008, 12:37 PM
This is so much common sense. Think about it. Saudi Kuwait are getting so filthy rich they pump what they want to keep it where it is. They like being rich. We only control demand. Not supply.

Or rather our environmentalists have made it so difficult to drill we control our supply in a negative way while not controlling our demand.

BILLYFRED0000
05-28-2008, 12:43 PM
I'm gonna throw a wrench into this topic. Just food for thought! Does the Bush visit to beg the Saudis for more and cheaper oil along with the simple fact that Chenney is part of the Halliburton group indicate that they are milking the prices to no end or is this just a legit thing that is happening in our gas prices. I remember gas at $1.33 just about four years ago and look at things now. Almost triple in price. Can you imagine going from a 20K pay at your job to a 60K pay in a matter of 4 to 5 years? What?? Yes almost tripled in price in that short time span. I don't know, there is something fishy about this, but I could be wrong... "

It does not take a profesor to understand this statment and see how reasonable it is. TRUE SO SO TRUE.... But keep thinking nothing can be done and it is simple economics...:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

There is something fishy and it is speculation. What has happened to the oil market is that it has turned into a speculation area like gold and silver. Remember the Hunt brothers tried to corner the silver market and were made to stop to control prices. The oil market is being driven more by fear and speculation based on what the future might bring than on market realities. Couple that with the weak dollar, and increased demand from developing economies of China and India (who btw control close to 2 billion people all learning to use more money and therefore resources) and it is not hard to figure. Any body who can excercise a little common sense and do the math can see it. Combine it with our own regulatory stupidities and we still pay less than most countries.

Txbroadcaster
05-28-2008, 12:44 PM

So please explain then HOW Bush and Cheney are driving the price up

garciap77
05-28-2008, 12:49 PM
Well Its a shame... cant do anything about it. its just the way things are.:rolleyes: The poor oil companies hate having to charge us what they do. They are barley making ends meet them selves. Lets just keep on doing what we have been doing and Pray things change:crazy1:

Hey! Them poor oil companies are only making about 8 cents to the dollar!;);) ;)

Black_Magic
05-28-2008, 12:51 PM
There is something fishy and it is speculation. What has happened to the oil market is that it has turned into a speculation area like gold and silver. Remember the Hunt brothers tried to corner the silver market and were made to stop to control prices. The oil market is being driven more by fear and speculation based on what the future might bring than on market realities. Couple that with the weak dollar, and increased demand from developing economies of China and India (who btw control close to 2 billion people all learning to use more money and therefore resources) and it is not hard to figure. Any body who can excercise a little common sense and do the math can see it. Combine it with our own regulatory stupidities and we still pay less than most countries. WOW!! all in 4 years time..... Blelieve what you want I guess. Its just a coecedince that The President and VP are Oil guys during this deal Im sure...:doh:

BILLYFRED0000
05-28-2008, 12:54 PM
Originally posted by garciap77
Hey! Them poor oil companies are only making about 8 cents to the dollar!;);) ;)
On the gas at the pump yes but that is not even owned by the gas companies. They are all franchise owned now.

garciap77
05-28-2008, 12:57 PM

I do not buy that either! But, they are only making 8 cent to the dollar!;) ;) ;)

Black_Magic
05-28-2008, 12:58 PM
Originally posted by garciap77
Hey! Them poor oil companies are only making about 8 cents to the dollar!;);) ;) I know.. those poor good old boys.. we need to send the oil executives a thanks and a big tip for all they do for so little.

garciap77
05-28-2008, 01:05 PM
You think wrong brotha.....it's about the oil company making that paper.

That's the bottom line!:ditto: :ditto: :ditto:

garciap77
05-28-2008, 01:08 PM
I know.. those poor good old boys.. we need to send the oil executives a thanks and a big tip for all they do for so little.

You mean fighting in Iraq is not enough?

sahen
05-28-2008, 01:19 PM
There is something fishy and it is speculation. What has happened to the oil market is that it has turned into a speculation area like gold and silver. Remember the Hunt brothers tried to corner the silver market and were made to stop to control prices. The oil market is being driven more by fear and speculation based on what the future might bring than on market realities. Couple that with the weak dollar, and increased demand from developing economies of China and India (who btw control close to 2 billion people all learning to use more money and therefore resources) and it is not hard to figure. Any body who can excercise a little common sense and do the math can see it. Combine it with our own regulatory stupidities and we still pay less than most countries.

as i was told earlier Billy, common sense = naivity....i didnt respond to that but i see that you did, thanks...i figured once it gets to the point of a conspiracy theorist calling you naive then you really cant say anything, they will believe what they believe and we believe what we believe...

and all you oil companies are the bad guys people, you have a simple choice, if you hate them so much stop buying their product...duh

Black_Magic
05-28-2008, 01:35 PM
There is something fishy and it is speculation. What has happened to the oil market is that it has turned into a speculation area like gold and silver. Well I wonder who is responsible for the Speculation part of the equation??:thinking: :thinking: :thinking: Wonder If the Good old Iraq war has anything to do with it.. You know. That war for WMD's that has lasted Longer than we fought WWII...:thinking: Glad we went in and got those WMD's It sure was worth the 4,000+ american lives and Billions of tax payer $$$ to get those and leave the nation and economy in such great shape. Good Job! keep it up!!:2thumbsup
http://www.insanereagan.com/images/mission_accomplished02.jpg Keep up the good work!

mustang68
05-28-2008, 01:39 PM
I would never cause the way our country and government is ran the small business man gets screwed just like the middle class and lower class. is ran

Sorry but it is the last days of school, and I will miss my students so:

I run the race
I ran the race yesterday
I have run the race

If you have a helping verb you must use the past participle of the verb

:cool:

Ranger Mom
05-28-2008, 01:42 PM
You guessed it..........

http://www.poweredbydanger.com/forums/images/miscsmilies/closed.gif