PDA

View Full Version : Any word out of Breck?

westcoast54
05-26-2008, 10:22 PM
What's going on in Breckenridge? Interview's started? Seems like they would want to get a new coach in with school just about out.

BreckTxLonghorn
05-26-2008, 10:39 PM
Originally posted by westcoast54
What's going on in Breckenridge? Interview's started? Seems like they would want to get a new coach in with school just about out.

Front page of the paper on Saturday showed the returning varsity members going to the school board meeting and requesting Donnie Funderburg get the job. He was a favorite among the players (obviously) and won state at Lake Travis as a QB coach I believe. Will give more info as it comes in.

STANG RED
05-26-2008, 11:01 PM
Originally posted by BreckTxLonghorn
Front page of the paper on Saturday showed the returning varsity members going to the school board meeting and requesting Donnie Funderburg get the job. He was a favorite among the players (obviously) and won state at Lake Travis as a QB coach I believe. Will give more info as it comes in.

Didnt Donnie Funderburg and a couple of his brothers play for Breck back in the 70s? I remember some Funderburgs playing back then, and they were all real good athletes.

wildstangs
05-27-2008, 08:01 AM
How long has the Athletic Director position not been tied to the head football coach at Breck?

BreckTxLonghorn
05-27-2008, 09:29 AM
Originally posted by STANG RED
Didnt Donnie Funderburg and a couple of his brothers play for Breck back in the 70s? I remember some Funderburgs playing back then, and they were all real good athletes.

Donnie graduated in '92 I believe. Don't know for sure whether he was related to the big Funderburgs of the 70s, but knowing Breckenridge, there's a good chance its true.

BreckTxLonghorn
05-27-2008, 09:31 AM
Originally posted by wildstangs
How long has the Athletic Director position not been tied to the head football coach at Breck?

Its always been that way, save for 3 or 4 years. When the AD retired during Feldt's era, it was given to him in an effort to keep his salary competitive. When he left, the job was dual, again for purposes of pay. However, it was decided to go back to split between Berry and Howard, as it worked better for the other sports in getting fair use.