Old Tiger
05-26-2008, 07:36 AM
http://www.star-telegram.com/nflinsider/index.html

sweetwater07
05-26-2008, 12:01 PM
thats weak

Txbroadcaster
05-26-2008, 01:21 PM
Sorry but this is a good move by the NFL..never understood why a defensive players gets a flag for barely touching a facemask, but an offensive player can rip the guys helmet off

GreenMonster
05-26-2008, 01:27 PM
Originally posted by Txbroadcaster
Sorry but this is a good move by the NFL..never understood why a defensive players gets a flag for barely touching a facemask, but an offensive player can rip the guys helmet off It's part of the game, it's always been part of the game, so leave it a part of the game. Illegal hands to the face should be called on linemen. If the back grabs the facemask then I understand the penalty, but Barber doesn't grab the mask. I might even understand this more if Barber was causing injuries with his stiff arm, but he isn't. This is just a move by the NFL to continue to attempt to turn the all-American game into flag football, or even worse BASKETBALL. :eek: :eek: :eek:

Black_Magic
05-26-2008, 01:37 PM
Ever since I got out of the leauge it has gone down hill. Just need to go ahead and bypass all the future rule changes and go with flag fooball now.

pirate4state
05-26-2008, 01:38 PM
OH MY FREAKING GOSH!

:bigcry: :bigcry: :bigcry:

I think this makes the 13th rule named after a Cowboy! :rolleyes:

Weak!

Txbroadcaster
05-26-2008, 01:45 PM
Originally posted by GreenMonster
It's part of the game, it's always been part of the game, so leave it a part of the game. Illegal hands to the face should be called on linemen. If the back grabs the facemask then I understand the penalty, but Barber doesn't grab the mask. I might even understand this more if Barber was causing injuries with his stiff arm, but he isn't. This is just a move by the NFL to continue to attempt to turn the all-American game into flag football, or even worse BASKETBALL. :eek: :eek: :eek:

Officials have been told to throw a flag when an offensive player grabs onto or twists the facemask of a defender -- a 15-yard facemask penalty -- or when he violently shoves a defender aside with a stiff arm to the face -- a 15-yard hands-to-the-face penalty.

If a defender does those things it is always a penalty..in fact it is supposed to be one on offense..they have not created a new rule, simply saying they enforce the one on the books already

Sweetwater Red
05-26-2008, 01:49 PM
Originally posted by pirate4state
OH MY FREAKING GOSH!

:bigcry: :bigcry: :bigcry:

I think this makes the 13th rule named after a Cowboy! :rolleyes:

Weak!

1. Emmitt Smith Rule: Don't take helmet off on the field.

2. Roy Williams Rule: Don't tackle by the back of the collar.

3. Michael Irvin Rule: Don't go to a hotel room if you know drugs and hookers
are going to be there.

footballgal
05-27-2008, 09:43 AM
NO STIFF ARM??? What?! that's what makes a RB fun to watch when they can do this well.

oh brother! :rolleyes:

themsu97
05-27-2008, 09:48 AM
some of you cannot read... it does not say that you cannot stiff arm... it simply states that the officials are being told to enforce a rule that already exists...
no twisting of the face mask by either the defense or the OFFENSE...

footballgal
05-27-2008, 09:49 AM
yeah I re-read it - I agree with NOT twisting of the face mask.

BILLYFRED0000
05-27-2008, 10:38 AM
Originally posted by themsu97
some of you cannot read... it does not say that you cannot stiff arm... it simply states that the officials are being told to enforce a rule that already exists...
no twisting of the face mask by either the defense or the OFFENSE...
Yes but when the helmet is in front what good does it do to stiff arm a hip pad on the way down.

jockcity33
05-27-2008, 11:10 AM
it also says or violently shoving the defender to ght ground.

kaorder1999
05-27-2008, 11:25 AM
This is my deal....if a legal stiff arm is executed then I dont have a problem with it as long as they dont grab the face mask. Today, so many of hte RB's or ball carriers are basically punching the defense in the face instead of actually using a stiff arm. If you correctly stiff arm someone, the arm just be barely bent if bent at all and you cannot cock your arm back for more explosion...

Centextrash
05-27-2008, 03:25 PM
Originally posted by Sweetwater Red
1. Emmitt Smith Rule: Don't take helmet off on the field.

2. Roy Williams Rule: Don't tackle by the back of the collar.

3. Michael Irvin Rule: Don't go to a hotel room if you know drugs and hookers
are going to be there.

AWESOME!

Don't forget some more:

The Raphel Septian Rule: Don't have sex with underaged boys

The Nate Newton Rule: Don't drive through Texas with 800 pounds of Marijuana in your Van.

The Leon Lett rule part 1: Don't show boat until AFTER you get into the endzone.

The Leon Lett rule part 2: Don't touch a missed FG attempt

coach
05-27-2008, 03:41 PM
quote: or when he violently shoves a defender aside with a stiff arm to the face -- a 15-yard hands-to-the-face penalty.

i thought football was suppose to be violent

JasperDog94
05-27-2008, 04:10 PM
Originally posted by coach
quote: or when he violently shoves a defender aside with a stiff arm to the face -- a 15-yard hands-to-the-face penalty.

i thought football was suppose to be violent Also, whose definition of a "violent shove" are we going to use?