PDA

View Full Version : I hate hospitals...

bullfrog_alumni_02
05-25-2008, 02:20 PM
On day 3 of the waiting game...does anyone else have a waiting roomritual they would like to share to maybe help out?

pirate4state
05-25-2008, 03:13 PM
Why are you at the hospital? You need some books. If there is a tv in the waiting room you need to be in control of the remote. When my dad was in the hospital we'd visit all the other floors.

Necks_Fan
05-25-2008, 03:58 PM
You have a computer? Play games on zone.com.

Bring a zune/ipod and jam.

Take a walk.

They don't have a tv?

bullfrog_alumni_02
05-25-2008, 05:28 PM
There are tvs and books and stuff. And my bro broght his ipod and laptop...I just don't like hogging it all. And on top of that I have too much on my mind...my dad is in the icu at thr va center on full life support. He went in wednesday night with pnemonia, and he's kept getting progressivelt worse. To make things worse for me, if the worst happens its my call to put all of it to an end. So I'm in a really tough spot because I don't want him to be in pain nor do I want him to be a vegetable. But I know what must be done if it MUST be done. Its just a lot of weight on my shoulders... :(

sinton66
05-25-2008, 06:22 PM
I was in a similar position with my Dad some years ago. It was easier on me though because my Dad was able to convey his wishes to me.

In your situation, especially if he isn't able to talk with you, I can only advise you to put your trust in God and ask for his guidance. He won't refuse you or misguide you.

I wish you and your family the best of luck in this tough situation, and my prayers are with you. Please keep us informed and don't hesitate to ask if we can help in any way.