PDA

View Full Version : Big 12 title Game

c-town_balla
05-25-2008, 01:21 PM
1-0 Texas after the top of the 1st

Reily Boeing is from "Corpus Cristi Yoakum High School" thats a new one....

FormerBellvilleBrahma
05-25-2008, 02:30 PM
This is the Big 12 Tourney title game, the Aggies won the Big 12 title
We would like to thank the Aggies for the win over MU. If not for that win the Longhorns would be headed home. Thanks for the help Aggies. Looks like the lone star state will have the Big 12 Champs in both the season and the Big 12 Tourney.

pirate4state
05-25-2008, 02:59 PM
Originally posted by c-town_balla
1-0 Texas after the top of the 1st

Reily Boeing is from "Corpus Cristi Yoakum High School" thats a new one....

No joke!

Bottom 5th

Texas 9
Kansas St. 1

pirate4state
05-25-2008, 03:23 PM
:eek: :eek: :eek:

Holy crap I switch to watch the Stanford/A&M softball game and in the top of the 6th the score is now:

Texas 9
K-State 6

DDBooger
05-25-2008, 04:13 PM
Texas 15
Kansas St 6

pirate4state
05-25-2008, 04:29 PM
Final 15-7

Texas Longhorns Big XII Tourney Champs!

DDBooger
05-25-2008, 04:30 PM
Originally posted by pirate4state
Final 15-7

NICE!!! as it should be! Great job by Augie and Co.

HippoBaseball05
05-25-2008, 04:45 PM
what seed was K.S.U. again?

DDBooger
05-25-2008, 04:46 PM
Originally posted by HippoBaseball05
what seed was K.S.U. again?

Old Tiger
05-26-2008, 07:31 AM
what seed was K.S.U. again? How did Aggy do again? Big 12 regular season title = nothing

zebrablue2
05-26-2008, 07:35 AM
Final 15-7

congrats to UT..:clap:

FormerBellvilleBrahma
05-26-2008, 09:39 AM
Originally posted by Go Blue
Big 12 regular season title = nothing

Looks that Big 12 Tourn. title = nothing, Regular season champs, Aggies get to host a regional. Big 12 Tourn. champs longhorns have to travel.

HippoBaseball05
05-26-2008, 02:01 PM
How did Aggy do again? Big 12 regular season title = nothing

Last year Horns won the Big XII and hosted a regional.

Aggy won the Big XII tourney last year and got to host a regional as well.

Aggy won the Big XII this year and gets to host a regional again.

Horns won the Big XII tourney and gets to host a regio.... Oh wait........

:p

Old Tiger
05-26-2008, 05:14 PM
Last year Horns won the Big XII and hosted a regional.

Aggy won the Big XII tourney last year and got to host a regional as well.

Aggy won the Big XII this year and gets to host a regional again.

Horns won the Big XII tourney and gets to host a regio.... Oh wait........

:p Cause traveling to Houston is such a burden for longhorn fans:clap:

c-town_balla
05-26-2008, 05:16 PM
whats that?

I can't hear you cause our six national championships are clogging our ears........

:rolleyes:

HippoBaseball05
05-26-2008, 10:13 PM
C'mon Nick, you don't have to resort to using the DeLorean....

...you're better than that.

:D

NastySlot
05-26-2008, 10:48 PM
How did Aggy do again? Big 12 regular season title = nothing

i don't understand...they get rings...they get to host a regional....so what do you mean =nothing................i can't figure out why the tournament champion gets the automatic bid in baseball and basketball...no reward for a good season...only for a good weekend......lets say ou and ksu had been playing yesterday the winner is the big xii champion and gets automatic bid..they both stunk during the regular season......hey i just thought of something using your logic regular season championship = nothing...does that mean that title the horns got in hoops =nothing..............not a horn fan but i would have to disagree....it meant' something.....ring, banner and pride in accomplishment.

sinton66
05-26-2008, 10:53 PM
I promise, if this turns into another UT/A&M pissing contest, we're going to ban these topics altogether. Keep it civil and intelligent or keep it off our board.

FormerBellvilleBrahma
05-26-2008, 11:11 PM
Originally posted by NastySlot
............i can't figure out why the tournament champion gets the automatic bid in baseball and basketball...no reward for a good season...only for a good weekend......

There were a few teams that had losing records in the regular season, had one good weekend, won their tournament and made it in.

NastySlot
05-26-2008, 11:13 PM
Originally posted by FormerBellvilleBrahma
There were a few teams that had losing records in the regular season, had one good weekend, won their tournament and made it in.

i think texas southern is one right?

NastySlot
05-26-2008, 11:18 PM

wow looked it up texas southern won 16 games......they probably won a quarter of them this past weekend......others

mt. saint marys 21-32, eastern illinois 27-28 ....columbia got in with a 22-28 record but i don't know if the ivy league has a tourney.

FormerBellvilleBrahma
05-26-2008, 11:25 PM
i think texas southern is one right?

They play LSU, sould be a good match-up!:D

pirate4state
05-26-2008, 11:29 PM
wow looked it up texas southern won 16 games......they probably won a quarter of them this past weekend......others

mt. saint marys 21-32, eastern illinois 27-28 ....columbia got in with a 22-28 record but i don't know if the ivy league has a tourney.

what was Oregon State's record this year? they didn't get in. i heard them talking about them, but was drifting in & out of sleep. lol :smoker: these pain pills are gooood. :D

HippoBaseball05
05-26-2008, 11:36 PM
They play LSU, sould be a good match-up!:D

I remember a few years ago when Rice was the defending Nat'l Champs and ended up losing the first game of their regional to T.S.U. at Reckling.

A&M came out of that regional to advance to the Supers against L.S.U. on the strength of Justin Ruggiano's slam over Rice in the ninth inning.

c-town_balla
05-27-2008, 12:50 AM
I honestly thought that was pretty funny.....

It doesn't matter.....A&M is good Texas is good

I've been reading on Baseball American and they have ALOT of complaints about the regionals

Old Tiger
05-27-2008, 12:57 AM
Originally posted by sinton66
I promise, if this turns into another UT/A&M pissing contest, we're going to ban these topics altogether. Keep it civil and intelligent or keep it off our board. http://www.auto-samolepky.cz/images/0606.jpg

HippoBaseball05
05-27-2008, 01:05 AM

I've been reading on Baseball American and they have ALOT of complaints about the regionals

It does seem like there's a 'March Madness - Big Dance' feel to the brackets judging by the dissatisfaction of alot of teams.

NastySlot
05-27-2008, 09:11 AM

that miami regional is tough......too tough for the number one seed.................missouri and ole miss have good staffs.

BwdLions
05-27-2008, 09:37 AM
Looks that Big 12 Tourn. title = nothing, Regular season champs, Aggies get to host a regional. Big 12 Tourn. champs longhorns have to travel.

Last four baseball games between Texas and a&m: Horns 4 wins, aggies 0 wins. Nuff said.

BreckTxLonghorn
05-27-2008, 11:15 AM
Whoever says the regular season means nothing is completely and utterly wrong. Your regular season is to build your team up to prove that if you don't win the conf tourney, you're good enough to make the NCAA. The actual conference tourney is to make the game more interesting; the right team that gets hot at the right time still has a chance of making it, and that makes the NCAA tourney more competitive. The only people this is unfair to is members of smaller conferences who will usually only get one bid. I understand that. But both regular season and conference tournaments have a big meaning to the big conferences.

Texas is hot right now, but they got put in a tough grouping , and the NCAAs haven't been so swell to them the past 2 years. A&M rightfully earned its Regional with the work it did in the season, though it seems some of it got thrown out the window after the late season swoon (I use swoon only b/c I can't think of a better word currently; I'll edit if anyone has suggestion :) ). Winning 43 games and not being top 8? Wow.

Have you looked at our Super Regional, though? Rice, Texas, aTm, UH; and DBU/St. Johns as Cinderellas? Its a shame only one can make it to Omaha. Whoever comes out of it is going to be scary come CWS.

3afan
05-27-2008, 11:19 AM
what was Oregon State's record this year?

28-24

NastySlot
05-27-2008, 11:22 AM
Originally posted by BreckTxLonghorn
Whoever says the regular season means nothing is completely and utterly wrong. Your regular season is to build your team up to prove that if you don't win the conf tourney, you're good enough to make the NCAA. The actual conference tourney is to make the game more interesting; the right team that gets hot at the right time still has a chance of making it, and that makes the NCAA tourney more competitive. The only people this is unfair to is members of smaller conferences who will usually only get one bid. I understand that. But both regular season and conference tournaments have a big meaning to the big conferences.

Texas is hot right now, but they got put in a tough grouping , and the NCAAs haven't been so swell to them the past 2 years. A&M rightfully earned its Regional with the work it did in the season, though it seems some of it got thrown out the window after the late season swoon (I use swoon only b/c I can't think of a better word currently; I'll edit if anyone has suggestion :) ). Winning 43 games and not being top 8? Wow.

Have you looked at our Super Regional, though? Rice, Texas, aTm, UH; and DBU/St. Johns as Cinderellas? Its a shame only one can make it to Omaha. Whoever comes out of it is going to be scary come CWS.

your so right on...even with swoon.....i really feel for the small conferences....ie: texas state and utsa did really well out of the southland and got left home......in softball texas state had a very good team and won the conference regular season title but was left out when bids came out.