PDA

View Full Version : Fastpitch Softball Fans

Sftball4Life
05-23-2008, 09:17 AM
I just had to share this....

I've been trying forever to get my best friend to come see my daughter play ball - either her travel ball team or her high school team. Well, she finally showed up last night for our game against Spring Hill. It was PACKED! She wiggled her way in between all the lawn chairs and sat on the ground up next to the fence so she could see. When it was over, she turned around and looked at me and said "OMG - I'm so glad I didn't know it was this addictive because I would have spent a fortune following you around to watch them"..... ROTFLMAO - Welcome to my world!

Gas there and back - about $8.00
Admission ticket - $5.00
Seeing the "I had no idea" look on your best friend's face - priceless!

3ABirdMan
05-23-2008, 09:23 AM
I've had a few friends who usually follow baseball show up for a softball game, and they are always so blown away. They say the game is SO much faster, and more exciting.

And I always say - WELCOME to MY world! :clap:

Reds fan
05-23-2008, 11:33 AM
Originally posted by 3ABirdMan
I've had a few friends who usually follow baseball show up for a softball game, and they are always so blown away. They say the game is SO much faster, and more exciting.

And I always say - WELCOME to MY world! :clap:

No doubt about it!!!

Softball is so different from baseball from a fan and player perspective...fast paced, and most of all the surprise on the faces of folk who did not know girls could play at such a level. To those that have not, go see a Gold level tournament sometime and you will be amazed at what these young ladies can do!!:clap: :clap:

Sftball4Life
05-23-2008, 12:03 PM
Our travel team played a 18&U Gold tournament in Olathe, Kansas at the beginning of last summer. OMG - my DD was playing 3rd base and almost had her head removed before she could even react to a ball hit right over the top of it......

I'm telling you some of those girls can absolutely hit harder than any man I've ever seen.... Since she's okay and wasn't hit and the shorts I was wearing cleaned up so nicely - I can now say it was really awesome! :D

txkmom
05-23-2008, 12:54 PM
Originally posted by Sftball4Life
Since she's okay and wasn't hit and the shorts I was wearing cleaned up so nicely - I can now say it was really awesome! :D

hahahahahahahahahaha

pirate4state
05-23-2008, 01:36 PM
:clap: :clap:

Congrats on the win & I'm glad your friend made it to the game and we know have another softball fan in the world!! :)

I am very glad that I was hooked 4 years ago! haha.