PDA

View Full Version : ZZ Top on American Idol last night.........

nobogey72
05-22-2008, 12:35 PM
made me feel old. Because 37yrs ago, when I was a jr. in HS, ZZ Top played in the Abilene High School auditorium, and we pd. 50 cents to listen to them. Nobody had ever heard of them. But, we all thought it was a pretty catchy sound. By the next summer they were famous.:clap: :clap:

Z motion 10 out on 2
05-22-2008, 01:39 PM
Oh my -- as my 20 year reunion is this year, it seems like just the other day I was rocking out to ZZ Top wishing I had on old coupe with sexy legged women getting out of it!

I would love to see these guys in concert.

TexanAlum_06
05-22-2008, 01:50 PM
I watched them Thursday of last week at The Backyard in Austin. I was totally blown away by How good they sounded. Its pretty awesome that those guys have been doing that together for 40 years. and are 60-65 and can still rock like that. Another thing that impressed me was that they sounded the same live as they do in the studio. Thats a big deal to me. Because some bands I have seen sound good in the studio but terrible at a live venue, but that was the case with these guys. I only wished they would of turned the bass up a little more! It was a Great Show!

Sweetwater Red
05-22-2008, 01:52 PM
Originally posted by Z motion 10 out on 2
Oh my -- as my 20 year reunion is this year, it seems like just the other day I was rocking out to ZZ Top wishing I had on old coupe with sexy legged women getting out of it!

I would love to see these guys in concert.

You mean this?:D

http://music.aol.com/video/zz-top-legs/zz-top/1128164

The Ravens
05-22-2008, 03:40 PM
Every girl is crazy about a sharp-dressed man. ;)

Sweetwater Red
05-22-2008, 03:43 PM
Originally posted by The Ravens
Every girl is crazy about a sharp-dressed man. ;)

You used your very first post to reply to a ZZ top thread. You've gotta
be cool.:thumbsup:

And welcome to the board.