PDA

View Full Version : La Grange, Lake Worth head baseball jobs open

kaorder1999
05-22-2008, 10:42 AM
those are two good jobs!

DaHop72
05-22-2008, 10:45 AM
Originally posted by kaorder1999
those are two good jobs! I coach against a couple of Little League coaches who probably think they are quailified for these jobs. Maybe I need to get them to send in a resume'.:thinking: :thinking:

:devil: :devil:

kaorder1999
05-22-2008, 10:47 AM
Originally posted by DaHop72
I coach against a couple of Little League coaches who probably think they are quailified for these jobs. Maybe I need to get them to send in a resume'.:thinking: :thinking:

:devil: :devil:

throw your name in the hat!

NastySlot
05-22-2008, 10:50 AM
there's going to be one poster on this board happy with that lagrange opening.

DaHop72
05-22-2008, 10:53 AM
Originally posted by kaorder1999
throw your name in the hat! :dispntd: :dispntd: No thank you, I enjoy the 9-12 years olds who still are learning to "spread their wings" and fly. Nothing better than to see their faces when the light comes on and they understand what you have been trying to teach them. Some are called to coach professionally like yourself and others are called to coach as volunteers, and the world needs both.:2thumbsup :2thumbsup

kaorder1999
05-22-2008, 10:55 AM
Originally posted by DaHop72
:dispntd: :dispntd: No thank you, I enjoy the 9-12 years olds who still are learning to "spread their wings" and fly. Nothing better than to see their faces when the light comes on and they understand what you have been trying to teach them. Some are called to coach professionally like yourself and others are called to coach as volunteers, and the world needs both.:2thumbsup :2thumbsup

:clap: :clap: :clap:

XMan
05-22-2008, 11:26 AM
Is HookandLadder the front runner for the La Grange job or is there someone out there somewhere who would be even more qualified? Im thinking its hookandladders to take if he wants it.

c-town_balla
05-22-2008, 11:27 AM
I thought the Lake Worth and LG coaches were pretty good guys....I hope they weren't fired

LH Panther Mom
05-22-2008, 11:38 AM
Originally posted by XMan
Is HookandLadder the front runner for the La Grange job or is there someone out there somewhere who would be even more qualified? Im thinking its hookandladders to take if he wants it. More qualified??? Is that possible? :confused: :thinking:

nobogey72
05-22-2008, 12:28 PM
Concerning the LaGrange job, I don't know for sure but.....

"Rumors spreadin' 'round" :clap: :clap:

EnjoyingLife
05-22-2008, 01:20 PM
I've been told that he was a favorite for the assistant principal's position and the board meeting was on Monday this week.

Maybe ol hookandladder can put in for this job. I know a lot of people in LG aren't happy with his griping on this board.

XMan
05-22-2008, 02:14 PM
yea, he bitched and bitched about how bad the coach was. Now the coach is gone so i guess he got what he wanted. Just would be interesting to know who he would like to see as the new head man.

bullfrog_alumni_02
05-22-2008, 03:54 PM
The most recent lw head baseball coach is not the same one that was there when I graduated, I know this because his wife (then a teacher at lw and a friend of mine) told me he took a head football coaching position at some 1a school. Anyway, if the character of head baseball coaches that lw hires is the same then he was a jerk. There were two head baseball coaches during my tenure in high school, both were jerks. I don't agree with trying to guilt trip a student athelete because he didn't do as well as that coach expected at a state meet against other state level competitors. So if this recent lw coach was like that and fired then good ridence.

hookandladder
05-22-2008, 04:34 PM
If our head Baseball coach is not coming back next year, I would assume the decision came from our AD. I do not think one armchair coach has that much pull. Maybe our coach was looking for a change. Everyone has their own opinion. Change can be good at times, we will see.

bullfrog_alumni_02
05-22-2008, 04:34 PM

HawkEye
05-22-2008, 09:59 PM
Originally posted by hookandladder
If our head Baseball coach is not coming back next year, I would assume the decision came from our AD. I do not think one armchair coach has that much pull. Maybe our coach was looking for a change. Everyone has their own opinion. Change can be good at times, we will see.

Darren Seymour went to East Chambers HS with former Leopard coach Velastro.

FormerBellvilleBrahma
05-22-2008, 10:36 PM
Was he let go for the classroom incedent? or was it just time?

TRENCHES06
05-22-2008, 10:45 PM
classroom incident? I thought that was a rumor.

FormerBellvilleBrahma
05-22-2008, 11:03 PM
Originally posted by TRENCHES06
classroom incident? I thought that was a rumor.

He coached in Burton before La Grange, why was he let go from Burton?

18handicap
05-23-2008, 09:13 AM
I think some of you are going places by asking questions and making statements are of personal nature and may be out of line. I'm defending any particular coaches, but you could be setting yourself up for defamation if you make accusations or comments about incidents that could or could not be true. Be careful everyone.

LHS PRIDE
05-23-2008, 10:00 AM
Coach Seymour left on his own. Two seasons ago, he cut players(seniors to freshmen), first on ability and then on attitude and respect for the game. The baseball players knew this and were told several times their will be cuts. Some of the parents that their kids were cut went to the school board and complained. Well this year he was told their would not be no cuts. He was not the same Coach this year as he was in the past. Looks like he was playing daddy ball, just to keep peace. And then when you start loosing, who do you first blame? Right know it is the best for Coach and LG to move on.

However LGISD is building a brand knew baseball field at the high school. It will not be a cookie cutter field. The school board looked at several area schools, (Weimar,Columbus and the ballpark in LaGrange) to get ideas. The plans are very nice. So maybe this encourage more baseball coaches to apply for the LG job. The program needs to be turned around. It was the first time in 19 years LG did not make the playoffs in baseball.

18handicap
05-23-2008, 10:30 AM
I meant that I'm not defending any coaches...but everyone needs to be careful.

XMan
05-23-2008, 01:07 PM
This was NOT the first time in 19 years that LG did not make the playoffs. During the days of coach Guerra, the Leps went through some very rough times. During the early to mid 90s there were several years that the leps missed out. Coach Ferguson took over and in I think his 2nd year the Leps got back in. Of course, they won state Bailey's fresh and sr years. The Leps had some tremendous talent during those years. Hopefully, they can get back to playing good ball soon.

pirate4state
05-23-2008, 01:22 PM
Originally posted by 18handicap
I meant that I'm not defending any coaches...but everyone needs to be careful.

Agreed. Rumors and/or speculation about what is happening to any coach is not something we will discuss on this board.