PDA

View Full Version : Mexican Emergency

pirate4state
05-22-2008, 02:44 AM
So, yeah I had one of those tonight. Had to go to the ER at midnight b/c the dogs knocked me over and I went one way & my knee went the other way. I heard several pops and thought for sure my knee was broken.

X-rays were negative for any broken bones. YAY! But I've probably torn some ligaments or some other crap, because it hurts like a mother! :mad: :foul:

What started out as a fun night turned out to be a crappy night. The only good thing was the ER I went to (Calallen) wasn't very busy & I was in & out of there in record time! :2thumbsup

The crappiest part of this whole deal is I'll have to miss our baseball games. :weeping:

GO PIRATES!!

Old Tiger
05-22-2008, 03:12 AM
sucks....were you walking the dogs or what?

3afan
05-22-2008, 06:40 AM
Originally posted by pirate4state
... I'll have to miss our baseball games. ...

why? take some pills & go !!!!!

BILLYFRED0000
05-22-2008, 07:02 AM
So, yeah I had one of those tonight. Had to go to the ER at midnight b/c the dogs knocked me over and I went one way & my knee went the other way. I heard several pops and thought for sure my knee was broken.

X-rays were negative for any broken bones. YAY! But I've probably torn some ligaments or some other crap, because it hurts like a mother! :mad: :foul:

What started out as a fun night turned out to be a crappy night. The only good thing was the ER I went to (Calallen) wasn't very busy & I was in & out of there in record time! :2thumbsup

The crappiest part of this whole deal is I'll have to miss our baseball games. :weeping:

GO PIRATES!!

Now rita what did I tell you bout drinkin and walkin the dogs????

nobogey72
05-22-2008, 07:05 AM
Come on! Just rub some dirt on it!!!!! :rolleyes:

Seriously, sorry it happened, and hope it heals on up real soon.:)

18handicap
05-22-2008, 07:07 AM
My coach used to tell us if there aren't any bones sticking out, then get back to the game!!

Hope you are feeling better!

BILLYFRED0000
05-22-2008, 07:15 AM
All kiddin aside rita, tuff stuff. Hope you are ok.

44INAROW
05-22-2008, 07:27 AM
Dang Rita - that sucks....... hope you feel better soon - and don't have to have any knee surgery - BUT in case you do, I know a good PT ;)

Hope you feel better and get to go to the game :p

STANG RED
05-22-2008, 07:36 AM
Sounds like a Ranger Mom happenstance to me. Maybe some of her luck is rubbing off on you Rita.:eek:

Hope it all heals up good for you soon.

Actully, when I first read Mexican Emergency, I didnt think it would be anything this serious. I just figured you had lost your jumper cables or something.:D

Ranger Mom
05-22-2008, 07:47 AM
Originally posted by STANG RED
Sounds like a Ranger Mom happenstance to me. Maybe some of her luck is rubbing off on you Rita.:eek:

Hope it all heals up good for you soon.

Actully, when I first read Mexican Emergency, I didnt think it would be anything this serious. I just figured you had lost your jumper cables or something.:D

I have never had a Mexican Emergency!!:D:

Seriously though, I hope you get to feeling better Rita. I have never had a knee injury, but just hitting my knee on a something is enough to almost bring me to the floor in pain.

If there is anything I can do from across the state, let me know!!:p

pirate4state
05-22-2008, 08:22 AM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom

Seriously though, I hope you get to feeling better Rita. I have never had a knee injury, but just hitting my knee on a something is enough to almost bring me to the floor in pain.

If there is anything I can do from across the state, let me know!!:p

That's cause you're not a mexican! LOL

Will somebody buy me a laptop mines broken.

Thank you all for your concern. I'll keep you posted.

LH Panther Mom
05-22-2008, 08:27 AM
Sounds like a "turn left, right" incident to me. :p

But seriously....that totally sucks! I hope you feel better soon! :kiss:

eppy 12
05-22-2008, 09:58 AM

GO PIRATES!! well at least it wasn't PORTLAND, they may have amputated;) hope you are better soon p4s.:clap:

kaorder1999
05-22-2008, 10:00 AM
hope you get to feeling better! Knee probs SUCK!

CHS_CG
05-22-2008, 10:50 AM
I feel your pain, in my ankle not my knee, I hope you get to feeling better soon! Did they put you on crutches or tell you to stay off of it?

Ranger Mom
05-22-2008, 12:01 PM
That's cause you're not a mexican! LOL

Will somebody buy me a laptop mines broken.

Thank you all for your concern. I'll keep you posted.

I am on the phone with her right now....she DOES need a laptop, she is LAID UP!! She is hurt worse than she has let on!!!:( :(

eppy 12
05-22-2008, 12:09 PM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom

If there is anything I can do from across the state, let me know!!:p i have had 3 whiteboy knee surgeries on the left.........:(

SintonFan_inAustin
05-22-2008, 12:25 PM

What started out as a fun night turned out to be a crappy night. The only good thing was the ER I went to (Calallen) wasn't very busy & I was in & out of there in record time!

GO PIRATES!! :D ER in Calallen wasnt busy because not many know its there. :thinking: guess now i have a reason to post updates :D