PDA

View Full Version : Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of Crap

XtremeCouture
05-22-2008, 02:32 AM
OMG. i think george lucas was on acid when he made this version of signs meets star wars meet indiana jones.

XtremeCouture
05-22-2008, 04:38 PM
has anyone else seen this movie yet?

Diocletian
05-22-2008, 05:36 PM
I was originaly going to get out at 1200am and go see it... but then I read some reviews and changed my mind.

That story about those skulls is one of the stories that everyone "wants" to be soooo true, which should make a good movie, but I heard they kind of made the movie a bit childish about it, so i'll wait till it shows up on MP3 Rocket :)

BobcatBenny
05-22-2008, 10:56 PM
I saw it. I enjoyed it.

I especially like it when . . . <NO SPOILER HERE!!!> :D

Cats Fan
05-22-2008, 11:08 PM
saw the midnight screening of it...and lets just say I only saw 2/3 of it.....it really seemed to drag on, and so farfetched from the get go....i give it a 6.7 out of 10!

piratebg
06-11-2008, 12:24 PM
You know, this is what happens when you set your expectations too high. I took my family to see it a couple nights ago and we all had a good time. My 6yo son and my 7yo niece loved it, although the insects and alien did scare them a little. My wife, who just saw the entire series for the first time last month really loved. I've been a fan of the series since I was a child and I thought it was fun. No Nazis. No Christian artifact. Plenty of new characters. I was ready for some change and I wasn't disappointed at all. If you haven't seen it yet and are fan, check it out. There are also plenty of references to Raiders and Crusade.

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
06-11-2008, 12:30 PM
It would have been a better movie if they hadn't tried to make everything so PG-13 in all honesty. I think that was the downfall for the movie, but I didn't think it was that bad, but it wasn't something that I'm going to buy and maybe watch again once in a year or so when it comes on HBO.

Cameron Crazy
06-11-2008, 12:31 PM
I have heard good and bad on it. I am checking it out this weekend.

SWMustang
06-11-2008, 12:53 PM
It was OK - nothing special. Went with my kids and they liked it.

piratebg
06-11-2008, 01:08 PM
Originally posted by BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
It would have been a better movie if they hadn't tried to make everything so PG-13 in all honesty.

That is the entire series. All of the movies could a little more graphic and darker, but Spielberg would never allow that.

The only real part of the movie that kind of got to me was the whole Shia Leboeuf "Tarzan" scene, but I'm not gonna base my opinion of the movie on that alone.

Emerson1
06-11-2008, 01:29 PM
This was just as cheesy as the other three.

CenTexSports
06-11-2008, 02:50 PM
Saw it with my wife . She liked it. Kind of a yawner for me.

DDBooger
06-11-2008, 03:07 PM
anyone else see that the incredible hulk had Iron Man in it, or at least the arms dealer. Saw a trailer with him talking to the general

slpybear the bullfan
06-11-2008, 08:03 PM
I cannot tell you how dissappointing this movie was. For a big fan of the original three... it was incredibly poor.

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
06-11-2008, 08:09 PM
Originally posted by slpybear the bullfan
I cannot tell you how dissappointing this movie was. For a big fan of the original three... it was incredibly poor. Same here.

Emerson1
06-11-2008, 09:03 PM
The ending was lame, but it was just as lame as Raiders of the Lost Ark. Everything else about it was your typical Indy movie

ILS1
06-11-2008, 09:37 PM
Originally posted by slpybear the bullfan
I cannot tell you how dissappointing this movie was. For a big fan of the original three... it was incredibly poor.

And just think............There's rumors of ANOTHER Indy Movie in the works!!!!

:D :D :D

Emerson1
06-11-2008, 10:29 PM
Originally posted by ILS1
And just think............There's rumors of ANOTHER Indy Movie in the works!!!!

:D :D :D
I wouldn't mind seeing another one in 5 years or so with the kid as the new main guy.