PDA

View Full Version : Giddings vs. Taylor

buff4life
05-21-2008, 06:23 PM
Tied at 13 in a regular season game and Giddings won 10-0 in a warm up before the playoffs...

good luck buffs tomorrow...

should be a pitchers duel tomorrow between taylor's brooks and giddings' masek

tigerpride_08
05-21-2008, 06:34 PM
i honestly didn't think Giddings would still be playing now but i hope they keep on this great run...:clap:

ILS1
05-21-2008, 06:59 PM
I'll take Taylor in 3!!!!

:D :D :D

buff4life
05-21-2008, 07:05 PM
Originally posted by tigerpride_08
i honestly didn't think Giddings would still be playing now but i hope they keep on this great run...:clap:

if you want my opinion i didn't either...but i think they have a real chance this week

c-town_balla
05-21-2008, 08:18 PM
If you asked me who would win this three weeks ago I would say Taylor with out a doubt but Giddings is obviously hot and seem to be pretty dangerous

tigerpride_08
05-21-2008, 08:25 PM
if the sticks are hot, watch out...

buff4ever
05-21-2008, 11:30 PM
I am assuming that we haven't faced Taylor's ace in either of the two games. Our sticks put up 13 and 10 runs, that says a lot and gives me some confidence going into a 3 game series. Even if the ace holds us down, I am expecting to put some runs up over the next two games.

Prolly the thinking marlow had when going for the 3 game series.

buff4life
05-22-2008, 12:14 AM
Originally posted by buff4ever
I am assuming that we haven't faced Taylor's ace in either of the two games. Our sticks put up 13 and 10 runs, that says a lot and gives me some confidence going into a 3 game series. Even if the ace holds us down, I am expecting to put some runs up over the next two games.

Prolly the thinking marlow had when going for the 3 game series.

from what the players said we faced the ace in the 13 13 tie

HippoBaseball05
05-22-2008, 02:26 AM
As long as we take care of our business we'll enjoy not having to travel over two hours to play a game.

Buffgal
05-22-2008, 08:13 AM
I don't believe we faced the ace at either game. The 13-13 tie (game called due to weather) was not the best game that Giddings has played. Still early in the season when they were still working on things, hadn't come together as a team yet. The warm up game was not 10-0, if I remember it was 10-6. Taylor was most def not shut out, I know this for a fact because they hit a HR and scored when I left to get batteries for my camera. True warm up game, Both teams changed pitchers almost every inning but the entire Buff lineup was pounding everything.

I have always known that this group of kids could do something special. The soph group at 9 yrs old run ruled every game @ the little leage tournament, making defensive plays, hitting the ball, and pitching at a level far above their ages. This was the first indication that we could have a team that we are seeing now.

Since then, most everyone on the team, has played summer and select ball, facing some outstanding pitching across the state and out of state. Several on the team have played on national championship teams and been selected as all tournment/all state while playing upper level baseball. The players and their families made a commitment to become better at a very young age and it is great to see it paying off. All those miles, pbj sandwiches, sunscreen, missed vacations has been worth it to see their success now. Coach Marlow also deserves credit for the time he spent at the little leage level teaching the majority of this group the basics.

The three seniors have also been instrumental in leading this team. I believe their winning attitude from all three having such a successful football career has sparked this team. They are bringing some WAO and the young ones are bringing the baseball. The combination has been exciting to watch.

Keep hitting those ropes Buffs. When you're smilin', it's happenin'

Have yard chair, ropes, shaker.....headin to Bryan.

Daddy D 11
05-22-2008, 08:45 AM
Taylors ace is Brooks, he is #9.

Taylor just went through a 3 day war with LH so that could show up at some point during the series. Either way though, Taylor wins this series. Coach Kuhl at Taylor will find a way to win 2 games, Taylor will advance.