PDA

View Full Version : Astros....all you can eat Thurdays

Bull's-eye
05-21-2008, 04:49 PM
http://houston.astros.mlb.com/hou/ticketing/all_you_can_eat.jsp

Thirty-five dollars for an Astro game and all you can eat hot dogs, nachos, popcorn, peanuts, cokes & water. There is a limit of 4 items per trip. I guess you could go with a group, but only 1 person buys the special. That person could make several trips to feed all his friends.

sahen
05-21-2008, 04:54 PM
good idea if you do do what you said and use it to get food for others, but i doubt u can get an all u can eat ticket next to a normal one...those tickets are nomally 7bucks, i know ball park food is expensive but i dont think i have ever spent 28 dollars for food at the ballpark for just myself...

its cheaper for most people to get a 15 dollar seat in View Deck I and spend 15 bucks on food...thats a couple hot dogs and a coke at least, maybe some fries...and you have better seats...

crzyjournalist03
05-21-2008, 04:55 PM
Originally posted by Bull's-eye
http://houston.astros.mlb.com/hou/ticketing/all_you_can_eat.jsp

Thirty-five dollars for an Astro game and all you can eat hot dogs, nachos, popcorn, peanuts, cokes & water. There is a limit of 4 items per trip. I guess you could go with a group, but only 1 person buys the special. That person could make several trips to feed all his friends.

nah...the Rangers and about a dozen other teams are already doing this...the seats are in a designated section, and you're only allowed into that section if you have the all-you-can-eat ticket. They then give you an armband, and you're only allowed to get your concessions at one or two specific places around your seats...they basically separate that entire section from the rest of the park to make sure there's no sharing going on.

Bull's-eye
05-21-2008, 05:41 PM
Originally posted by crzyjournalist03
nah...the Rangers and about a dozen other teams are already doing this...the seats are in a designated section, and you're only allowed into that section if you have the all-you-can-eat ticket. They then give you an armband, and you're only allowed to get your concessions at one or two specific places around your seats...they basically separate that entire section from the rest of the park to make sure there's no sharing going on.

I knew they had to prevent people from sharing food. So bacically you have a $7 seat and $28 for an unlimited number of hot dogs, nachos, popcorn, peanuts & drinks. Last game, I bought a big hot dog, large drink and popcorn. That cost me about $20, so I would think most fans don't spend $28 on food. Another concern would be the length of time standing in line at these specific concession stands.

Old Tiger
05-21-2008, 05:45 PM
Just think about it...maybe the game goes into extra innings so you get about a 4-7 hour all you can eat deal for 28$. I think it's a pretty good deal. You get there early eat. Hell just for drinks it's a good deal. If they weren't 5$ a cup 4 drinks = 20$ Plus 4$ for a hot dog

GSQUARED, LETS TAKE A TRIP DOWN TO HOUSTON

kepdawg
05-21-2008, 05:49 PM
Originally posted by Bull's-eye
I knew they had to prevent people from sharing food. So bacically you have a $7 seat and $28 for an unlimited number of hot dogs, nachos, popcorn, peanuts & drinks. Last game, I bought a big hot dog, large drink and popcorn. That cost me about $20, so I would think most fans don't spend $28 on food. Another concern would be the length of time standing in line at these specific concession stands.

$25 for the seats at Rangers' games

$34 when it's all you can eat

Bull's-eye
05-21-2008, 06:56 PM
Originally posted by Go Blue
Just think about it...maybe the game goes into extra innings so you get about a 4-7 hour all you can eat deal for 28$. I think it's a pretty good deal. You get there early eat. Hell just for drinks it's a good deal. If they weren't 5$ a cup 4 drinks = 20$ Plus 4$ for a hot dog

GSQUARED, LETS TAKE A TRIP DOWN TO HOUSTON

They end the free food after 7 innings. :(

Panther One
05-21-2008, 07:06 PM
Went to Dodger stadium last year and that's how it is in their outfield seats. It's easy there, because the outfield bleachers aren't really connected to the rest of the stadium. The mess left behind by the fans is unreal. An entire section of fans making trip after trip creates quite a bit of trash. I don't envy whoever has to clean it up.