PDA

View Full Version : Aggies not looking too good....

NastySlot
05-21-2008, 02:03 PM
right now...down 4-1....looks like the losing streak might reach seven.....lets hope for a rally.

DDBooger
05-21-2008, 02:06 PM
Originally posted by NastySlot
right now...down 4-1....looks like the losing streak might reach seven.....lets hope for a rally. wow, the wheels have fallen off at the wrong time! hey NS know anything about Chambless? he's a Cal alum, been battling injuries, but I think he's in the bullpen now.

NastySlot
05-21-2008, 02:50 PM
ag's lose....4-1.....didn't chambliss make an appearence not too long ago....man he was a heck of a football player in high school.

Phil C
05-21-2008, 02:54 PM
:(

Old Tiger
05-21-2008, 02:55 PM
what do you expect

jlg043
05-21-2008, 03:00 PM
Originally posted by Go Blue
what do you expect

Phil C
05-21-2008, 03:01 PM
what do you expect

I wanted both UT and the Aggies to win. :(

NastySlot
05-21-2008, 03:04 PM
what do you expect

maybe i expect them to halt the skid and win.............they proved early that they could play...and this past weekend i guess they proved they had good players and coaches( see all conference selections)......and i guess they proved those preseason predictions of 4th and 5th place finishes were wrong........i guess since they keep score...i expect them to win.

Old Tiger
05-21-2008, 03:09 PM
Originally posted by NastySlot
maybe i expect them to halt the skid and win.............they proved early that they could play...and this past weekend i guess they proved they had good players and coaches( see all conference selections)......and i guess they proved those preseason predictions of 4th and 5th place finishes were wrong........i guess since they keep score...i expect them to win. not how you start but it's how you finish

jlg043
05-21-2008, 03:12 PM
not how you start but it's how you finish

aint that the truth... ask the cowboys about that one! As much as I love my Cowboys, they found out the hard way!

Antec
05-21-2008, 04:25 PM
These two upsets are why there should not be a Big 12 Tournament

and now Baylor is leading Nebraska 1-0 early

sahen
05-21-2008, 05:00 PM
Originally posted by Antec
These two upsets are why there should not be a Big 12 Tournament

and now Baylor is leading Nebraska 1-0 early

Missouri beating Texas was not an upset, The Tigers were the 4 seed and are nationally ranked, Texas is the number 5 seed and not ranked, they havent had as good of year as normal, much like Baylor...

Why wouldnt there be a Big 12 tourney, sometimes it helps teams and other times it hurts them...last year the Aggies were helped by winning it while this year they might have the opposite happen (it was only the first game they can still win it)...just the way it goes...

Bears up 3-0 on the Cornhuskers going to the 4th..

VWG
05-21-2008, 05:29 PM
12K's for OU pitcher today against Aggies. Dominating performance to say the least.

NastySlot
05-21-2008, 07:01 PM
not how you start but it's how you finish

and so in the end there can only be one team that finishes strong?

sahen
05-21-2008, 07:04 PM
Bears up 10-4 on the Cornhuskers in the bottom of the 8th, Nebraska batting...

LH Panther Mom
05-21-2008, 07:12 PM
Originally posted by sahen
Bears up 10-4 on the Cornhuskers in the bottom of the 8th, Nebraska batting...
Sic 'em!

sahen
05-21-2008, 07:24 PM
Bears win 10-4...at least we havent given up after a horrid season...

LH Panther Mom
05-21-2008, 07:38 PM
Originally posted by sahen
Bears win 10-4...at least we havent given up after a horrid season...
You notice that I'm forced to cheer for you guys, since mine hasn't been bueno in a while.

Panther One
05-21-2008, 08:03 PM
Baseball is a very mental game and teams can often fall into a funk. It happen to the Horns earlier in the season and the Aggies are in one now all because of one play...

With an 8-4 lead on Nebraska in the bottom of the 9th, with one on and no outs, Nebraska hit the most routine of double play balls to Blake Stoufer at second, who booted it and opened the door for Nebraska's come back. Had he fielded it and the Ags turned two, we would have won that game and clinched the outright Big 12 title right then. Having already beaten the Huskers in a 16-inning game, knocking them out of contention probably would have been a shot to their team moral and led to A&M winning the second game of that double header, giving us another series sweep. Instead, Stouffer's error lead to a walk, which lead to another error, which ultimately lead to a Nebraska victory. It was then the Ags' team moral that sank, and with six more errors in the following game, they gift wrapped a game three victory for the Huskers, too, and haven't won since. It's amazing how one play can turn a season south.

Not helping was going up to UTA the following Tuesday and letting some of the lesser used pitchers get hammered around for 16 runs. Looking back, it probably would have been best to start Migl, as usual, try to get a win, and get things headed back in the right direction. That game wound up adding to the slide. The Texas series was also kind of bad luck. Trying to get back on track against a Longhorn weekend rotation fresh off of two weeks of rest was a tough task.

It is how you finish, and A&M finished as the outright Big 12 regular season champions. They're in a funk, but I'm not too concerned about it right now. They accomplished their goal for the regular season by winning the Big 12. Starting next weekend, they'll start working towards their post season goals, and sometimes that's all a team needs to get rolling again. We'll see how things play out. Having Texas and Missouri up next isn't going to make things easy.

sahen
05-21-2008, 09:04 PM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
You notice that I'm forced to cheer for you guys, since mine hasn't been bueno in a while.

it is ok Panther Mom...we always welcome more fans :)

NastySlot
05-21-2008, 09:07 PM
Originally posted by Panther One
Baseball is a very mental game and teams can often fall into a funk. It happen to the Horns earlier in the season and the Aggies are in one now all because of one play...

With an 8-4 lead on Nebraska in the bottom of the 9th, with one on and no outs, Nebraska hit the most routine of double play balls to Blake Stoufer at second, who booted it and opened the door for Nebraska's come back. Had he fielded it and the Ags turned two, we would have won that game and clinched the outright Big 12 title right then. Having already beaten the Huskers in a 16-inning game, knocking them out of contention probably would have been a shot to their team moral and led to A&M winning the second game of that double header, giving us another series sweep. Instead, Stouffer's error lead to a walk, which lead to another error, which ultimately lead to a Nebraska victory. It was then the Ags' team moral that sank, and with six more errors in the following game, they gift wrapped a game three victory for the Huskers, too, and haven't won since. It's amazing how one play can turn a season south.

Not helping was going up to UTA the following Tuesday and letting some of the lesser used pitchers get hammered around for 16 runs. Looking back, it probably would have been best to start Migl, as usual, try to get a win, and get things headed back in the right direction. That game wound up adding to the slide. The Texas series was also kind of bad luck. Trying to get back on track against a Longhorn weekend rotation fresh off of two weeks of rest was a tough task.

It is how you finish, and A&M finished as the outright Big 12 regular season champions. They're in a funk, but I'm not too concerned about it right now. They accomplished their goal for the regular season by winning the Big 12. Starting next weekend, they'll start working towards their post season goals, and sometimes that's all a team needs to get rolling again. We'll see how things play out. Having Texas and Missouri up next isn't going to make things easy.

your so right on about the possible double play ball....one play can turn things around for the best ..... so i hope we make one soon.