PDA

View Full Version : NAVASOTA- Little Dribblers Girls National Tournament

HEMOTOXIC
05-21-2008, 11:48 AM
Little Dribblers tourney coming to Navasota

Little Dribblers are coming to town! On June 11-14 Navasota is pleased to host the National Girls Little Dribbler Tournament featuring girls, ages 9-14. In collaboration between the City of Navasota, NISD and the Navasota Little Dribblers Association, we are excited to be hosting these players and their friends and family.

The tournament is expected to attract approximately 7,000 people to Navasota over the four-day period and is likely to make an enormous economic impact to Navasota and Grimes County. Tournament organizers encourage everyone in the community to be especially friendly, helpful and hospitable to our visitors during this time, as there will be many people at our shops, hotels, restaurants and gas stations.

This tournament is a great chance to show off our great community and attract future tourists. An opening ceremony for the tournament will be held at 6 p.m., Wednesday, June 11 at Rattler Stadium and will feature an “Olympic-style” introduction to each participating team.

In order to make this successful, tournament directors are looking for volunteers to help any of the four days. Volunteer positions of all sorts exist - so whether your strength is dealing with people or keeping things organized, there is an opportunity for you.

If you would like to participate, please contact Tournament Director and Tourism Director for the City of Navasota, Kourtney Gruner at 936-825-7055 or through email at kgruner@navasotatx.gov.
http://navasotaexaminer.com/articles/2008/05/21/news/news09.txt

http://www.littledribblers.org/league.php?

NastySlot
05-21-2008, 11:49 AM
hey don't forget that James Harris had a team win the Nationals a few weeks ago.

HEMOTOXIC
05-21-2008, 11:53 AM
Yes, the boys tournament was held in Leveland I believe. Navasota sent two teams. The junior division team won their tournament and the major division team lost to a well coached San Antonio team.

If anyone gets a chance, please get out to Navasota. I am a former Little Dribblers participant and I know first hand what it means to be playing in Nationals. Nationals are hugh to say the least. These players are our future. This tournamant will feature many great games as teams from all over the state of Texas and some come from out of state travel to Navasota and surrounding areas to participate in this tournament.

Good luck to all!

Black_Magic
05-21-2008, 01:22 PM
Snyder Is bringing a Major team. Its a young team powered by several 11 year olds from the Jr runner up team last year. Who are the teams from that region that look really good or the ones to beat so to speak? I know Snyder and Leveland are the reps from out West. who are the top teams around there? Bryan, Jacksonville, ????

HEMOTOXIC
05-21-2008, 02:04 PM
Originally posted by Black_Magic
Snyder Is bringing a Major team. Its a young team powered by several 11 year olds from the Jr runner up team last year. Who are the teams from that region that look really good or the ones to beat so to speak? I know Snyder and Leveland are the reps from out West. who are the top teams around there? Bryan, Jacksonville, ????

Check out the Little Dribblers website. There is a full bracket there.