PDA

View Full Version : Spurs vs Lakers - Game 1

Phil C
05-21-2008, 11:35 AM
It is on tonight. Thrills indeed. An important factor will be how Duncan matches up with Gasol. Gasol has played great against Duncan when he was with Memphis and now he has great help. And with Jack on the sidelines that increases the risk.

STANG RED
05-21-2008, 12:09 PM
I dont think the Lakers have quiet enough weapons to match up the Spurs man for man. But it should be a good series.
Spurs in 6. If they happen to jump out to a 2-0 lead, I think they'll take it in 5.

wildstangs
05-21-2008, 12:35 PM
GO LAKERS!!!!

waterboy
05-21-2008, 01:02 PM
The glamour team against a blue collar team.

Give me the blue collar team anyday.

Go Spurs!:2thumbsup

44INAROW
05-21-2008, 01:13 PM
GO SPURS GO :)

Phil C
05-21-2008, 01:20 PM
Bad news Spurs. Stephen A. Smith has said it would be the Lakers in 7. Of course he had also said New Orleans was going to beat the Spurs and advance. Still scary times indeed!

waterboy
05-21-2008, 01:28 PM
Originally posted by Phil C
Bad news Spurs. Stephen A. Smith has said it would be the Lakers in 7. Of course he had also said New Orleans was going to beat the Spurs and advance. Still scary times indeed!
:crying: Oh, no! Say it ain't so! Stephen A. Smith knows what he's talking about.:rolleyes: I am shaking in my britches, now!:D The Spurs are probably shaking in their britches, too.:hand: :doh: :D

STANG RED
05-21-2008, 01:29 PM
Originally posted by Phil C

Im glad Stephen A. Smith called it the way he has. Now I have even more confindence that the Spurs will prevail. And once they do, what do you bet he calls for them to get beat in the finals by whoever they face? I bet he does. At least I hope he does.
GO SPURS GO!!!

Sweetwater Red
05-21-2008, 01:33 PM
Yeah, that Smith guy is an idiot.:D :devil:

Phil C
05-21-2008, 02:55 PM
Originally posted by Sweetwater Red
Yeah, that Smith guy is an idiot.:D :devil:

:eek:

jlg043
05-21-2008, 02:59 PM
Lakers and Celtics! Kobe is the only weapon you need!

Curly
05-21-2008, 03:01 PM
Stang have you talke to your kin folk "Bubba Joe" got tickets to game #3 in SA - Hunting buddy of his ropes with G. Strait, anyway
get this our relative yes our cultured kin folk Bubba Joe will be sittin with G. Striat and friends at game # 3 of the Spurs and Lakers match up

What has the World come too......
Lord I hope he minds his manners.........

HEMOTOXIC
05-21-2008, 03:04 PM
Go Spurs!

Old Tiger
05-21-2008, 03:07 PM
both of these finals should end up being great series.

Phil C
05-21-2008, 03:54 PM
More bad news - Joey Crawford is tonight's ref and everything is stacked against the Spurs. If it is close at the end he will do everything to see that the Spurs loose. It is what the NBA wants.

Old Tiger
05-21-2008, 04:02 PM
I'm calling it now Spurs will lose and there will be a controversal call.

STANG RED
05-21-2008, 04:03 PM
Originally posted by Curly
Stang have you talke to your kin folk "Bubba Joe" got tickets to game #3 in SA - Hunting buddy of his ropes with G. Strait, anyway
get this our relative yes our cultured kin folk Bubba Joe will be sittin with G. Striat and friends at game # 3 of the Spurs and Lakers match up

What has the World come too......
Lord I hope he minds his manners.........

Dang I hope he dont show up drunk on hooch and sportin momas panties on his head like usual. Wy he might ruin the family name beyond repair this time.
I think he just needs to give that there ticket to me, just to be on the safe side. He cant be trusted.;)

STANG RED
05-21-2008, 04:07 PM
Originally posted by jlg043
Lakers and Celtics! Kobe is the only weapon you need!

HA! After Bowen breaks his ankels, and Hoorey breaks his back, Kobe wont even be a factor.:devil: :p

Go get him Bruce.:D

Phil C
05-21-2008, 04:49 PM
After what happened with the airport and hotel situation in New Orleans plus the ref situation tonight I wouldn't be surprised if Spurs hold back and give LA game one and then come all out for game two. The Spurs do need to win one of these first two games played on the road.

GreenGobbla
05-21-2008, 05:07 PM
GO LAKERS

Bubba-Joe
05-21-2008, 06:04 PM
Originally posted by STANG RED
Dang I hope he dont show up drunk on hooch and sportin momas panties on his head like usual. Wy he might ruin the family name beyond repair this time.
I think he just needs to give that there ticket to me, just to be on the safe side. He cant be trusted.;)

Ha Ha Ha
you and Curly is just jealous!!!
I tried to get you boys to go to South Texas 2 years ago hunting with me, but nnooooooooooo you had to stick around and watch some dag blame football game, got to meet George Striat, an Mr. Holt on that game ranch just outside of Dilley - Now ole Bubba loves football but you know Hunting in South Texas has paid off big now

So you guys be sure and look fer ole Bubba Joe I'll be the one with King George, and Mr. Holt. we suppose to have real good seats.
Jim Bob told me the only draw back was that one of the players wife would be sittin in front of us. (said that -- Mr. Holt ) felt kind of bad for the lady seems she was bothered in some way or other.
But told us not to worry cause she was a tiny thing not real big.
I think the exact term he use to describe her was something along the lines of her being a desperate housewive, sounds like she is stugglin with the cookin and cleanin.
Jim Bob told me she was married to the french feller on the team.

We gonna have a big time in the River City
OOOOHHHH WEEEEEEEEEE BOY!!!!!!!!

kepdawg
05-21-2008, 09:37 PM
Kobe is on pace for 4 points.

I wonder what he ends up with?

Daddy D 11
05-21-2008, 09:45 PM
Originally posted by Bubba-Joe
Ha Ha Ha
you and Curly is just jealous!!!
I tried to get you boys to go to South Texas 2 years ago hunting with me, but nnooooooooooo you had to stick around and watch some dag blame football game, got to meet George Striat, an Mr. Holt on that game ranch just outside of Dilley - Now ole Bubba loves football but you know Hunting in South Texas has paid off big now

So you guys be sure and look fer ole Bubba Joe I'll be the one with King George, and Mr. Holt. we suppose to have real good seats.
Jim Bob told me the only draw back was that one of the players wife would be sittin in front of us. (said that -- Mr. Holt ) felt kind of bad for the lady seems she was bothered in some way or other.
But told us not to worry cause she was a tiny thing not real big.
I think the exact term he use to describe her was something along the lines of her being a desperate housewive, sounds like she is stugglin with the cookin and cleanin.
Jim Bob told me she was married to the french feller on the team.

We gonna have a big time in the River City
OOOOHHHH WEEEEEEEEEE BOY!!!!!!!!

i own a ranch in Dilley!:)

STANG RED
05-21-2008, 09:50 PM
lol, I guess the Spurs boring play has lulled the Lakers to sleep. They look like crap right now. Lakers down 16 1/2 way thru 3.

Daddy D 11
05-21-2008, 09:52 PM
GO SPURS GO!

LH Panther Mom
05-21-2008, 09:53 PM
Originally posted by STANG RED
Lakers down 16 1/2 way thru 3.
That's so sad.

Psyche! :devil:

44INAROW
05-21-2008, 09:56 PM
Keep it up Spurs........:clap: :clap:

STANG RED
05-21-2008, 09:57 PM
Wow, 2 games in a row that the Spurs have a good 3rd quarter.

What is the world coming to?:D

Didnt like seeing Kobe hit that long range 3 though. They cant let him get going. Way too much bball left to play.

kepdawg
05-21-2008, 10:02 PM
I was about ready to issue a Donkey Stomp Warning!

Daddy D 11
05-21-2008, 10:03 PM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
That's so sad.

Psyche! :devil:

hahaah that just made me giggle. LHPM you should feel very loved, i just included you in my ever important 1500th post!:cool:

LH Panther Mom
05-21-2008, 10:04 PM
Originally posted by Daddy D 11
hahaah that just made me giggle. LHPM you should feel very loved, i just included you in my ever important 1500th post!:cool:
Awwwwwww! I do! :kiss: :kiss:

And congrats! :clap:

Daddy D 11
05-21-2008, 10:06 PM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
Awwwwwww! I do! :kiss: :kiss:

And congrats! :clap:

now..what should i put in it:thinking:

STANG RED
05-21-2008, 10:10 PM
Well I spoke too soon. The Spurs only had 1/2 of a good 3rd quarter. But thank goodness they did, or they'd be way down insead of still up by 7. Looks like the Lakers have most of the mo now. Hope the Spurs can get it back, or that 7 wont last long.

DDBooger
05-21-2008, 10:10 PM
im trying my best to get there too:(

kepdawg
05-21-2008, 10:35 PM
tie ball game

wildstangs
05-21-2008, 10:35 PM
LAKERS TIE THE GAME!!

HippoBaseball05
05-21-2008, 10:38 PM
I wish they'd call the foul on Gasol everytime he exerts the same amount of force Tim did on that 'tap' in the back earlier.

wildstangs
05-21-2008, 10:43 PM
Lakers get a nice call there!

JHS_c/o_06'
05-21-2008, 10:43 PM
theres the controversial call.

kepdawg
05-21-2008, 10:52 PM
Lakers win

Old Tiger
05-21-2008, 10:52 PM
well ginobli totally blew this game. how awful can one play?

STANG RED
05-21-2008, 10:55 PM
Originally posted by JHS_c/o_06'
theres the controversial call.

I saw 3 very questionable calls late in the 4th. That being said, SA had more than there fair share of chances, and couldnt take advantage of any of them. Manu played like crap the whole game, and he is such a big part of their O, he simply has to play much better. And Parker did nothing the 2nd half as well. Timmy just needed a lot more help than he was getting late in the game.
This one may come back to haunt them. They had it in their hands and couldnt close the deal.

wildstangs
05-21-2008, 11:03 PM
Dang - I guess all the Spurs fans went to bed when they went up by 16. I was looking forward to some jabbing. :)

San Antonio played great for 2.5 quarters, just couldn't close it. San Antonio still worries me though as they have tons of playoff experience.

XtremeCouture
05-21-2008, 11:13 PM
what was the controversial call? bowen flopping because kobe shook off a double team and got an easy shot in the lane?

JHS_c/o_06'
05-21-2008, 11:17 PM
the bad call was the spurs were either up or down by 2, and the ball got knocked out of TD hands, and they went to the ref who hates the Spurs and he said TD touched it last, though he was in no position to tell and replay showed otherwise.

wildstangs
05-22-2008, 07:29 AM
Originally posted by JHS_c/o_06'
the bad call was the spurs were either up or down by 2, and the ball got knocked out of TD hands, and they went to the ref who hates the Spurs and he said TD touched it last, though he was in no position to tell and replay showed otherwise.

Exactly - Nobody was in position to give that call. It happens all the time in sports.

44INAROW
05-22-2008, 07:29 AM
well crapola............... here we go again.........:mad: guess they like the 7 game series.......

GO SPURS GO :)

Phil C
05-22-2008, 08:00 AM
It may have been a bad call but the Spurs put themselves in it. They had a chance to put it away when they were ahead 65 to 54 and then they stayed on 65 and let the Lakers gain on them and kept missing shots and some of them were wide open. This was a chance to really get a psychological edge by the Spurs and even if they had somehow pulled it out in the last minute they still would have lost that edge. This game unfortunately may have cost them the series. They better win the next game because unlike the Hornets the Spurs can't come back 2 - 0. What a lost opportunity and you can't blame Crawford or the NBA on this one.

kaorder1999
05-22-2008, 09:27 AM
wow...when I stopped watching the Spurs were SMOKING them. What happened??

Sweetwater Red
05-22-2008, 09:44 AM
Originally posted by kaorder1999
wow...when I stopped watching the Spurs were SMOKING them. What happened??

Kobe Bryant....

kaorder1999
05-22-2008, 09:45 AM
Originally posted by Sweetwater Red
Kobe Bryant....

he did nothing in the first half....he show why he won the MVP in the second half?

Sweetwater Red
05-22-2008, 09:51 AM
Originally posted by kaorder1999
he did nothing in the first half....he show why he won the MVP in the second half?

Yep pretty much played one on five (with a few contributions from
Lamar Odem) in the second half and did what he does.