PDA

View Full Version : Lesson: Don't flee from the scene of an accident...

kaorder1999
05-21-2008, 09:57 AM
Man fleeing wreck leaps to his death in Dallas

09:19 AM CDT on Wednesday, May 21, 2008
By KAREN AYRES SMITH / The Dallas Morning News
kayres@dallasnews.com

A Dallas man died early Wednesday morning when he accidentally jumped to his death off an overpass following a traffic accident, police said.

Richard Mauricio Jr., 19, crashed into another car at Chalk Hill Road and West Davis Street around 2:30 a.m., said Dallas police Senior Cpl. Jerry Monreal.

The other driver told police that Mr. Mauricio then got out of the car and ran west on Davis Street. He jumped over a railing and plummeted to his death.

Senior Cpl. Monreal said it’s hard to tell that there is such a drop on the other side of the railing.

“It’s like a three-story fall,” he said. “He might not have known."

jason
05-21-2008, 09:58 AM
better than having to pay for his jail sentence...

Ranger Mom
05-21-2008, 10:02 AM
Originally posted by jason

That shouldn't have made me laugh...but it did!!!:)

Silverback 04
05-21-2008, 10:02 AM
Can you imagine if he ran because he didn't have insurance. What a twist of fate. Though more than likely, it was drug/parole/theft related. You know, I just have little sympathy for stupid people.

kaorder1999
05-21-2008, 10:03 AM

wonder what the deal was? You dont go to jail for being in an accident. Must have been wanted!

pirate4state
05-21-2008, 10:05 AM
Originally posted by kaorder1999
wonder what the deal was? You dont go to jail for being in an accident. Must have been wanted! or illegal

Phil C
05-21-2008, 10:37 AM
In college a friend of mine lost control of his car and crashed through a fence. He wasn't hurt so he backed up and drove home. To his surprise a few days later an officer knocked on his door and had a warrent for his arrest for leaving the scene of an accident. Someone had written down his license plate number. I told him that when he got to town he should have called the police and reported the accident also to his insurance company.

jason
05-21-2008, 10:57 AM
better than having to pay for his jail sentence... i meant tax payers paying for his jail sentence, not him paying for his crime with jail - its one less illegal we have to provide satellite tv and 3 square meals a day to....

kaorder1999
05-21-2008, 10:59 AM
i meant tax payers paying for his jail sentence, not him paying for his crime with jail - its one less illegal we have to provide satellite tv and 3 square meals a day to....

oh......haha. Gotcha

Blitzkrieg
05-21-2008, 02:18 PM
i meant tax payers paying for his jail sentence, not him paying for his crime with jail - its one less illegal we have to provide satellite tv and 3 square meals a day to....
who said he was an illegal? just because he has a hispanic last name?