PDA

View Full Version : HONDO VS PORT ISABEL

Frankowlfan
11-15-2003, 10:33 AM
GIVE US YOUR PREDICTIONS ON THIS GAME.

turbostud
11-15-2003, 10:35 AM
Anyone know where this game is going to be played?
PI 24 Hondo 13

BigChamp05
11-15-2003, 10:55 AM
This one should be a good game. I don't know much about Hondo this year. I'll take PI 28-17. Somewhere along those lines.

footballgal
11-15-2003, 10:58 AM
I say PI 21 Hondo 7

<small>[ November 15, 2003, 09:58 AM: Message edited by: footballgal ]</small>

SintonFan
11-15-2003, 11:54 AM
Watch out for that #32(I think) from Hondo. He had over 200 yards against Mathis. It's been some time since I've seen so many people bounce off a guy like that. He's hard to bring down. Hondo stuffed Mathis's run pretty good. Like I thought they gave up around 200 yards passing. That might be their weakness. Good luck to both teams.

<small>[ November 15, 2003, 10:54 AM: Message edited by: SintonFan ]</small>

Frankowlfan
11-15-2003, 11:59 AM
HONDO 38 PI 21

footballgal
11-15-2003, 12:16 PM
PI's advantage is they have a great D, who can stop the run and the pass. PI will have to have a great offensive game to win this one, as the D will keep them in the game, so it will be up to offense.

footballgal
11-15-2003, 12:19 PM
SintonFan:
Watch out for that #32(I think) from Hondo. He had over 200 yards against Mathis. It's been some time since I've seen so many people bounce off a guy like that. He's hard to bring down. Hondo stuffed Mathis's run pretty good. Like I thought they gave up around 200 yards passing. That might be their weakness. Good luck to both teams.Sounds like he is a power back??? Is he as big as OG's?

SintonFan
11-15-2003, 12:29 PM
footballgal:

SintonFan:
Watch out for that #32(I think) from Hondo. He had over 200 yards against Mathis. It's been some time since I've seen so many people bounce off a guy like that. He's hard to bring down. Hondo stuffed Mathis's run pretty good. Like I thought they gave up around 200 yards passing. That might be their weakness. Good luck to both teams.Sounds like he is a power back??? Is he as big as OG's?.
I didn't see OG play this year. This group from Hondo was very poised. Mathis played their hearts out. When Mathis got the momentum back in the fourth quarter Hondo asserted themselves with an immediate score to ice the game. Coach Soza had a good game plan and the team executed fairly well. The Owl defense looked good. Nice speed but not the biggest.(you got to realize I've seen Cuero and others) They looked hard to run up the middle. They played good technique all around. Watch out for this team. They can pass, too. They ran some screens with some success. One for a long score with their blockers doing a good job sticking to their assignments. Good luck.

SintonFan
11-15-2003, 12:32 PM
Actually that last score was designed to milk the clock and was very effective at doing that and crushing any Mathis momentum.

footballgal
11-15-2003, 01:10 PM
This just in PI will play Hondo in Alice Saturday at 2:00pm.

Tarpon2004
11-15-2003, 01:14 PM
Do you know anything about who won the tosses..and who gets home field advantage?

Kool Tarpon 21
11-16-2003, 10:44 AM
Hondo sound like they are a good team. I know we can't take any team lightly in the playoffs. We are playing in Alice at 2:00 on Saturday. Coach Stumbaugh lost all the tosses, but the one to decide who is the home team. The Tarpons will be the home team. All I can say is that we better get ready because from now and on, all the teams just get faster, stronger, and bigger. Well, can't wait to practice. Good luck to all the teams in the playoffs. Laterz.

sinton66
11-16-2003, 10:54 AM
Good to see you on here, Missile! In my opinion, this one's too close to call. Hondo has a good team and so does P.I. Power-wise, yall are about equal. Hondo's biggest problem last year was the luck of the draw, catching Sinton in the first round. This game could be very close, a lot closer than either of you might be comfortable with. Best of luck to all involved, and pray for no injuries.

<small>[ November 16, 2003, 09:55 AM: Message edited by: sinton66 ]</small>

TarponFanInNorthTexas
11-16-2003, 03:28 PM
This ought to be a great game. The classic Power vs. Speed matchup.

If Port Isabel minimizes the dumb penalties and turnovers on offense, then they should do well.

The "Seawall Defense" will be tested, I hope they pass with flying colors (mainly Tarpon Blue and White, of course)

HERE COMES THE TOAST OF THE TEXAS GULF COAST....