PDA

View Full Version : Cuero Soph. QB "Big time recruit"

CueroDad08
05-20-2008, 01:48 PM
Major Applewhite in Town again today.
He is working hard to recruit this Big time arm.
He is also on the front page of "OrangeBloods"
The UT Recruitting page.

This kid will have a hard decesion to make
FOOTBALL OR BASEBALL
These are the schools already working hard to get him in football
UT
A&M
TT
OU

He will be going to all 4 camps this summer.

Ranger Mom
05-20-2008, 01:50 PM
Cool.....read this!! (http://bbs.3adownlow.com/vb/showthread.php?threadid=82538)

Old Tiger
05-20-2008, 02:26 PM
class of 2010 right?

Isn't Garrett Gilber class of 2009?

Phil C
05-20-2008, 03:01 PM
It will be a tough decision for him to make because I am also sure that USC, LSU and Florida will be wanting to speak to him before it is over.

OnceABucJr
05-20-2008, 04:35 PM
Universities can recruit HS sophomores? Aren't there rules about stuff like this?

Gobbla2001
05-20-2008, 04:56 PM
you can talk to whatever kid you want... the kid just can't sign...

if there were rules against this, I can guarantee you OrangeBloods wouldn't have had it on their front page, this year or any of the last however many years OrangeBloods has been doing stories like this....

kaorder1999
05-20-2008, 04:59 PM
Originally posted by Gobbla2001

if there were rules against this, I can guarantee you OrangeBloods wouldn't have had it on their front page, this year or any of the last however many years OrangeBloods has been doing stories like this....

you can recruit them when they are any age. You can offer them at any age.

Blastoderm55
05-20-2008, 05:18 PM
Looking forward to seeing this kid play in week zero when Beeville travels to Cuero.

Panther One
05-20-2008, 06:27 PM
What are the scouts saying about his prospects in baseball? I know he's got two more years, but I'm sure he's heard from some.

CueroDad08
05-20-2008, 06:38 PM
Rivals has him at #3 in the nation in the class of 2010
There is a list of 7 Schools on Rivals in the Running
Texas
Florida
LSU
Notre Dame
Oklahoma
Texas A&M
Texas Tech

CueroDad08
05-20-2008, 06:41 PM
Originally posted by Gobbla2001

And as a few have said about "you can talk to him"
NO you cant talk to him at all
ALL you can do is come watch him play or practice

CueroDad08
05-20-2008, 06:46 PM
Originally posted by Phil C
It will be a tough decision for him to make because I am also sure that USC, LSU and Florida will be wanting to speak to him before it is over.

Rivals has Florida and LSU on his list already as well.
His dream has always been to play QB with UT
But it will be up to him in the end.
Baseball could be his ticket when its all said and done.
It would be something to see him at UT under center.

sinfan75
05-20-2008, 06:49 PM
they can make an oral commitment their Junior year or right after so they can be talked to after their sophmore year right?

CHSfan
05-20-2008, 07:09 PM
"His dream has always been to play QB with UT"

who did you get this info from???

CueroDad08
05-20-2008, 08:16 PM
Originally posted by CHSfan
"His dream has always been to play QB with UT"

who did you get this info from???

His MOM

CueroDad08
05-20-2008, 08:18 PM
Originally posted by sinfan75
they can make an oral commitment their Junior year or right after so they can be talked to after their sophmore year right?

That is correct

lostaussie
05-20-2008, 09:39 PM
Originally posted by CueroDad08
Rivals has him at #3 in the nation in the class of 2010
that is awesome!!!!! did he play varsity last year?

crabman
05-20-2008, 10:21 PM
He was our starter all 14 games. 13-1 record. 151 completions. 225 attempts. 67.1% completion rate. 2,479 yards. 23 touchdowns. 3 interceptions. 13 consecutive games without an interception. Unfortunately all three interceptions were in the state semi-finals. The first one was clearly not an interception. The other two most certainly were. Great numbers for a quarterback in a truly balanced system. We produced a Division 1 running back in Quincy Whittington (SMU) so he got a bunch of touches. Tyler had a pretty phenomenal year for a 15 year old. He turned 16 sometime during the year. Orangebloods has him at 6'-4" and 200lbs. I think that he is 6'-3" and maybe 190. Still a big good looking kid. Very quiet. Very polite. Great parents. He was the Victoria Advocate Area newcomer of the year in baseball as a Freshman. He has four or five homeruns this year and is always around the .400 mark in batting. Foot speed has increased substantially since football season.

The next two years are looking pretty good around here.

44INAROW
05-20-2008, 11:19 PM
Just a little bit of trivia - his maternal uncle was the QB when we won state in 1974 and his paternal uncle was the punter during the state runs in 1974 and 1975. I can just imagine that both sets of grandparents are proud :) When I talked to his mother mid morning (Tues) she had just found out about the Rivals article, etc. She was so excited and touched all at the same time. I guess the only way to read those articles on Rivals and Orangebloods is to signup and pay? She was wondering..

CueroDad08
05-21-2008, 07:31 AM
Originally posted by crabman
He was our starter all 14 games. 13-1 record. 151 completions. 225 attempts. 67.1% completion rate. 2,479 yards. 23 touchdowns. 3 interceptions. 13 consecutive games without an interception. Unfortunately all three interceptions were in the state semi-finals. The first one was clearly not an interception. The other two most certainly were. Great numbers for a quarterback in a truly balanced system. We produced a Division 1 running back in Quincy Whittington (SMU) so he got a bunch of touches. Tyler had a pretty phenomenal year for a 15 year old. He turned 16 sometime during the year. Orangebloods has him at 6'-4" and 200lbs. I think that he is 6'-3" and maybe 190. Still a big good looking kid. Very quiet. Very polite. Great parents. He was the Victoria Advocate Area newcomer of the year in baseball as a Freshman. He has four or five homeruns this year and is always around the .400 mark in batting. Foot speed has increased substantially since football season.

The next two years are looking pretty good around here.

It sure looks like he would look so good in Burnt Orange?
What do you think Crab?......LOL

LH Panther Mom
05-21-2008, 07:39 AM
He was our starter all 14 games. 13-1 record.
Did someone other than Arndt start one of the games? :confused: Maybe the DL W/L record info is off. :thinking:

Old Green
05-21-2008, 07:41 AM
It sure looks like he would look so good in Burnt Orange?
What do you think Crab?......LOL :iagree: :2thumbsup

Old Green
05-21-2008, 07:43 AM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
Did someone other than Arndt start one of the games? :confused: Maybe the DL W/L record info is off. :thinking: Arndt started every game last year.

LH Panther Mom
05-21-2008, 07:54 AM
Originally posted by Old Green
Arndt started every game last year.
I thought so; we're showing 12-3 record, so I was confused.

Regardless, best of luck to him! He's a heck of a player. :)

crabman
05-21-2008, 08:12 AM
Selective memory. I skipped a year in my memory bank. 12-3 is correct.

CHSfan
05-21-2008, 06:32 PM
His MOM
oh geez...i was just wondering dont get your undies in a bunch!

CueroDad08
05-21-2008, 06:59 PM
Originally posted by CHSfan
oh geez...i was just wondering dont get your undies in a bunch!
You asked............Dont you know mom knows best?

Tiger90
05-21-2008, 08:08 PM
Before folks here get too worked up, Applewhite was just visiting J.Johnson of Silsbee as well.

44INAROW
05-21-2008, 08:38 PM
Originally posted by Tiger90
Before folks here get too worked up, Applewhite was just visiting J.Johnson of Silsbee as well.

and he was in Cameron last week - no telling how many young men will be recruited and looked at in the next weeks - why don't you just start another thread for Mr Johnson and leave the negative comments off this thread please...... :rolleyes:

Tiger90
05-21-2008, 08:51 PM
Roll your eyes somewhere else. There were no negative comments towards anyone. 2010 is a couple years away and yes, many kids will be spoken too, merely stating that ol' special keeper of the board.

CHSfan
05-21-2008, 08:51 PM
You asked............Dont you know mom knows best?

ok i am not arguing with you i was just wondering who you heard that from...holy cow...defensive much?? the reason i asked that is because i heard totally diff from his girlfriend..but i am not trying to get into it with you i was simply asking a question...last time i ask you a question!

44INAROW
05-21-2008, 08:56 PM
Originally posted by Tiger90
Roll your eyes somewhere else. There were no negative comments towards anyone. 2010 is a couple years away and yes, many kids will be spoken too, merely stating that ol' special keeper of the board.

huh? special keeper of the board? ok, whatever that means.....:confused: If people want to get "worked up" we'll darn well get "worked up" It's clearly a thread about a Cuero player, if you don't like it, move on........ or better yet, create a thread about the boy from Silsbee, I am sure many would be interested to read about it.

AggiesAreWe
05-21-2008, 09:26 PM
Originally posted by 44INAROW
huh? special keeper of the board? ok, whatever that means.....:confused: If people want to get "worked up" we'll darn well get "worked up" It's clearly a thread about a Cuero player, if you don't like it, move on........ or better yet, create a thread about the boy from Silsbee, I am sure many would be interested to read about it.

I would prefer you call him a young man, not boy.

44INAROW
05-21-2008, 09:29 PM
Originally posted by AggiesAreWe

certainly - the young man from Silsbee

just so you know,I used boy instead of KID - (which offends me) I was trying to be nice, not tacky....

Daddy D 11
05-21-2008, 09:50 PM
Originally posted by AggiesAreWe

you might prefer young man, but he might prefer boy. What does it matter?:thinking:

AggiesAreWe
05-21-2008, 10:16 PM
Originally posted by 44INAROW
certainly - the young man from Silsbee

just so you know,I used boy instead of KID - (which offends me) I was trying to be nice, not tacky....

I understand 44, no problem here, I'm with ya.

I personally know the young man from Silsbee, that's why I replied. No harm.

crabman
05-21-2008, 10:19 PM
Oklahoma, A&M, UT, and North Texas have been to see him. They cannot approach a student that young. According to Coach Reeve, they can watch him practice. If the kid speaks to the coach he can speak back. The coach cannot initiate the conversation. Your high school coach can introduce the recruit to the coach. They can exchange e-mail and cell phone numbers for text purposes. The recruit can make contact by phone, text, or e-mail anytime he wants.

All of this, of course, can only occur when the full moon coincides with the spring equinox and only when it occurs on a Tuesday that happens to be an odd date on the Georgian calendar.

LH Panther Mom
05-21-2008, 10:20 PM
All of this, of course, can only occur when the full moon coincides with the spring equinox and only when it occurs on a Tuesday that happens to be an odd date on the Georgian calendar.
NOW you tell me! :doh: ;)

44INAROW
05-21-2008, 10:27 PM

Does throwing Leap Year into the equation make any difference? :D :D