Big 10 - 4
ACC - 3
Pac 10 - 2
Big East - 1
Independent - 1
WAC - 1

crzyjournalist03
05-20-2008, 10:26 AM
Where's Fouts Field and UNT? Nobody likes to play there!!!

NastySlot
05-20-2008, 10:29 AM
Originally posted by crzyjournalist03
Where's Fouts Field and UNT? Nobody likes to play there!!!

not even the home team.

crzyjournalist03
05-20-2008, 11:16 AM
Originally posted by NastySlot
not even the home team.

exactly...the facilities are rough, the place smells, and it can only hold about 20,000 people because they keep the endzone seating closed most of the year.

How is that NOT one of the toughest places to play?

3afan
05-20-2008, 11:41 AM
the list was for D-I facilities ... which Fouts is NOT

crzyjournalist03
05-20-2008, 11:42 AM
Originally posted by 3afan
the list was for D-I facilities ... which Fouts is NOT

maybe not up to D-I standards, but unfortunately, it is a current D-I facility.

BreckTxLonghorn
05-20-2008, 02:22 PM
Originally posted by Adidas410s
The top 25 toughest places to play

6. Oklahoma
10. Nebraska
12.Texas
14. Texas A&M
23. Colorado

I haven't seen any screenshots yet; does DKR show the new endzone additions yet?

a) It looks amazing b) It should raise Texas's ranking in this aspect next year. The place will be A LOT louder for the upcoming season.

Kickin It
05-20-2008, 03:07 PM
Notre Dame #15? How many home games did they win last year? Better yet, how many home games did they not get blown out?

Old Tiger
05-20-2008, 03:09 PM
Penn State at 4? I know it's a tough place to play but come on.

Adidas410s
05-20-2008, 03:31 PM
Originally posted by BreckTxLonghorn
I haven't seen any screenshots yet; does DKR show the new endzone additions yet?

a) It looks amazing b) It should raise Texas's ranking in this aspect next year. The place will be A LOT louder for the upcoming season. Haven't been any pics to confirm but it's expected to be "in the game."

Phil C
05-20-2008, 03:46 PM
With Oklahoma being ranked ahead of us maybe we should keep that game in Dallas. :)

TexanAlum_06
05-20-2008, 04:03 PM
I Doubt UT's Stadium renovations will be there. The updated lower north endzone will for sure be there but I dont think the Upper Deck will. I guess it just depends on when their production cut-off is for updating stadiums. it could of been a month ago or it could of been last summer when they started working on 2009 right after the release of 2008. who knows? even though the construction isnt done yet I dont see why EA couldnt get their hands on highly detailed models and CAD imaging design programs that would give them a good enough Idea of what DKR will look like when it is all said and done. I guess we shall find out soon enough.....

Emerson1
05-20-2008, 04:06 PM
I think it will be. They got Godzillatron onto the game last year

BreckTxLonghorn
05-20-2008, 04:08 PM
Originally posted by TexanAlum_06
I Doubt UT's Stadium renovations will be there. The updated lower north endzone will for sure be there but I dont think the Upper Deck will. I guess it just depends on when their production cut-off is for updating stadiums. it could of been a month ago or it could of been last summer when they started working on 2009 right after the release of 2008. who knows? even though the construction isnt done yet I dont see why EA couldnt get their hands on highly detailed models and CAD imaging design programs that would give them a good enough Idea of what DKR will look like when it is all said and done. I guess we shall find out soon enough.....

Construction is done....

http://www.texassports.com/webcam.html

cshscougar08
05-20-2008, 04:33 PM
Well the bleachers are. But everything else still has to be done.

BreckTxLonghorn
05-20-2008, 04:34 PM
Originally posted by cshscougar08
Well the bleachers are. But everything else still has to be done.

What else is there?

cshscougar08
05-20-2008, 04:46 PM
Everything on the inside. Suites, luxury boxes, the outside facade, underneath. It's still got a long way to go.

Old Tiger
05-20-2008, 04:47 PM
Everything on the inside. Suites, luxury boxes, the outside facade, underneath. It's still got a long way to go. They can still put people in the bleachers....and there are a couple of months till it needs to be done.

cshscougar08
05-20-2008, 04:48 PM
True and I guess this is discussing whether it would be ready for the game right?

Emerson1
05-20-2008, 04:49 PM
True and I guess this is discussing whether it would be ready for the game right?
They can just make it up, the stadiums aren't the most complicated thing in the world to make

TexanAlum_06
05-20-2008, 04:56 PM
Yeah like I said I dont see why they couldnt have all the renovations in the game this year. But we dont know how their schedule goes as far as when new things go into the game and how long they can wait for things like this. Or if they even know about it.... You would think they would, but the EA crew has missed stuff like this in the past. They didnt even have the Cotton Bowl or some schools stadiums in 2007 and 2008. and it is to my knowledge that They dont update certain areas of the game like stadiums, jerseys etc etc every year. anyway just my opinion. Lets hope for the best though......

Adidas410s
05-20-2008, 04:56 PM
The Okie Lite renovations will be in the game...so there's no reason to think that DKR's wouldn't either.

Emerson1
05-20-2008, 04:58 PM
Yeah like I said I dont see why they couldnt have all the renovations in the game this year. But we dont know how their schedule goes as far as when new things go into the game and how long they can wait for things like this. Or if they even know about it.... You would think they would, but the EA crew has missed stuff like this in the past. They didnt even have the Cotton Bowl or some schools stadiums in 2007 and 2008. and it is to my knowledge that They dont update certain areas of the game like stadiums, jerseys etc etc every year. anyway just my opinion. Lets hope for the best though......
They don't miss it, they just don't bother to put it in.

If Godzillatron made it, a major stadium upgrade like this will be

TexanAlum_06
05-20-2008, 05:02 PM
Talking real world here, worst case scenario the real season comes along and the renovations like the suites/boxes and stuff of that nature are not done but evrything else is, do you think they will still open the upper deck (bleachers) for the season opener? as long as it is safe and fans can get up there without having to walk through major construction areas. I think they will/would, just wanted to get everyone else's opinion. I know that they barely got the lower deck done in time for last years season opener......

Gobbla2001
05-20-2008, 05:04 PM
Notre Dame is there because they're a storied program... fact is, no one cares what Notre Dame WAS anymore... no one cares that Rudy went there and no one is scared of TD Jesus... the teams just get off the bus, go whup Notre Dame's ass, then get back on the bus and go home...

BreckTxLonghorn
05-20-2008, 05:05 PM
Everything will be done by 2008. Longhorn Foundation members aren't placing $2k per seat donation for club level in addition to season prices to go without.

TexanAlum_06
05-20-2008, 05:06 PM
Originally posted by Emerson1
They don't miss it, they just don't bother to put it in.

If Godzillatron made it, a major stadium upgrade like this will be

Totally agreed, sometimes I think they do just Neglect to put some stuff into the games. Kind of like the fact that the majority of fans at the UT home games in 07 & 08 are wearing white shirts instead of Burnt Orange. lol. Sometimes just little things like that make me wonder if A) They just didnt notice it or it was a mistake or B) They just dont really care.....

Gobbla2001
05-20-2008, 05:12 PM
anyone have a link to a website with a kinda before/after deal of the stadium renovations??

I mean maybe just drawings or something?

Old Tiger
05-20-2008, 05:16 PM
Originally posted by Gobbla2001
anyone have a link to a website with a kinda before/after deal of the stadium renovations??

I mean maybe just drawings or something? http://bealonghorn.utexas.edu/whyut/photos/images/aerial_stadium.jpg
^Before

http://www.bevosports.com/images/dkr_expansion.jpg
^After

http://img143.imageshack.us/img143/7706/29mc5.jpg
^Future Future

Emerson1
05-20-2008, 05:17 PM
Totally agreed, sometimes I think they do just Neglect to put some stuff into the games. Kind of like the fact that the majority of fans at the UT home games in 07 & 08 are wearing white shirts instead of Burnt Orange. lol. Sometimes just little things like that make me wonder if A) They just didnt notice it or it was a mistake or B) They just dont really care.....
Blah, this is why the game is usually average. People want cosmetic stuff over gameplay

BreckTxLonghorn
05-20-2008, 05:19 PM
http://www.mackbrown-texasfootball.com/index.php?s=&url_channel_id=51&url_subchannel_id=&url_article_id=1365&change_well_id=2

This has multiple photos. Just have to have patience to sort through all the galleries

jimmyceatworld
05-20-2008, 07:22 PM
I was a little surprised to see UT ahead of A&M. I've been to both places (A&M twice and UT three or four times). IMO A&M seems like a more difficult place to play because the fans are so much more into it. One of the games I saw at UT was against the Aggies. It looked like they only had a couple of thousand fans at the game, but they were making much more noise than the UT faithful. I know fans aren't the only factor, but I would think they're a pretty big one.

buff4life
05-20-2008, 08:17 PM
Originally posted by Go Blue

http://img143.imageshack.us/img143/7706/29mc5.jpg
^Future Future

That stadium will be BA whenever it gets done

Emerson1
05-20-2008, 08:29 PM
Originally posted by jimmyceatworld
I was a little surprised to see UT ahead of A&M. I've been to both places (A&M twice and UT three or four times). IMO A&M seems like a more difficult place to play because the fans are so much more into it. One of the games I saw at UT was against the Aggies. It looked like they only had a couple of thousand fans at the game, but they were making much more noise than the UT faithful. I know fans aren't the only factor, but I would think they're a pretty big one.
Texas has consistently sold out or been at near capacity for every game the last few years, a&m had a stretch of like 4 years with 3 sell outs.

It evened out last year, but UT still averaged over a sell out, a&m just under

Adidas410s
05-21-2008, 12:10 AM
If you look at this video...

http://www.easports.com/ncaa09/media.jsp?contentID=yoy_features

It shows DKR at the 2:10 mark (it's demonstrating that you can return FG's now) and the new north end is NOT in the game.

TexanAlum_06
05-21-2008, 09:29 AM
None of the renovations are in the game. Thats surprising, I thought atleast the lower half thats now closer to the field would be there....

BreckTxLonghorn
05-21-2008, 10:05 AM
Originally posted by Adidas410s
If you look at this video...

http://www.easports.com/ncaa09/media.jsp?contentID=yoy_features

It shows DKR at the 2:10 mark (it's demonstrating that you can return FG's now) and the new north end is NOT in the game.
aaaah BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

3afan
05-21-2008, 10:06 AM
Originally posted by crzyjournalist03
maybe not up to D-I standards, but unfortunately, it is a current D-I facility.

uhhm - no

:p

NastySlot
05-21-2008, 10:28 AM
Originally posted by Emerson1
Texas has consistently sold out or been at near capacity for every game the last few years, a&m had a stretch of like 4 years with 3 sell outs.

It evened out last year, but UT still averaged over a sell out, a&m just under

but i would say games at kyle field are louder..fans have a good knowledge of the game....texas fans are usually loud cause their drunk, make an exodus to get more drunk just before half time.....more people and they usually need some sort of music over the sound system to get into the game and if their not cussing about something they probably arn't saying much.............now imo opinion what makes texas a tough place its a huge stadium and the horns play very good at home................loudest place i've ever been LSU on a saturday night....most knowledge able and classiest fans....Nebraska.......had some buddies that played at SMU before the death penalty....they told me Arizona State was a rowdy place and the fans were brutal on them......now that was twenty years ago.