PDA

View Full Version : New Wharton Baseball Coach

Antec
05-19-2008, 07:13 PM
Columbia assistant coach Kelly Kerlin
will be approved as new Wharton baseball coach at tonight's school board meeting.

Just one of many new faces on the Wharton staff this fall

rancher
05-20-2008, 06:51 AM
What happened to the old coach? I have known him since we were at Sam Houston State, he was a great ballplayer there, lead the team to the playoffs several years.

tigerpride_08
05-20-2008, 07:04 AM
just wanted to retire after 33 years...i've heard stories about him being real good at Sam Houston State...i'm glad i've got to play for him these past 3 years...helped me out A LOT...

gato 76
05-20-2008, 07:15 AM
Originally posted by tigerpride_08
just wanted to retire after 33 years...i've heard stories about him being real good at Sam Houston State...i'm glad i've got to play for him these past 3 years...helped me out A LOT...

I saw you play this year,i really liked the way you played you really gave it a 100%,and you played with alot of heart.Wish you the best of luck if you decide to still play ball.

CenTexSports
05-20-2008, 08:12 AM
He is also a poster on here so I hope moving to Wharton does not mean we will lose him here.

Good luck in you new job and I hope you don't use the CS chapter.

areacode337
05-20-2008, 08:27 AM
Great choice for Wharton. Kerlin will do an outstanding job and keep things going well.

pancho villa
05-20-2008, 08:58 AM
Kerlin can standaround with the best of them. He can also water dirt with just one hand.

tigerpride_08
05-20-2008, 12:07 PM
Originally posted by gato 76
I saw you play this year,i really liked the way you played you really gave it a 100%,and you played with alot of heart.Wish you the best of luck if you decide to still play ball.

thank you...i just wanted to go out and try my best every game because that's how Coach Ciruti likes it played....i am trying to play at the next level if possible...i was chosen for the Greater Houston Area All-Star Game so i hope i can be noticed there and i'm also trying to play on a select team...

GWOOD
05-20-2008, 01:19 PM
Originally posted by pancho villa
Kerlin can standaround with the best of them. He can also water dirt with just one hand.

Congratulations to Coach Kerlin!

Condolences to Pancho. He is losing his inspiration!

Chopblock
05-20-2008, 01:24 PM
Kerlin comes from good stock, his mom and dad are great people

hookandladder
05-20-2008, 02:27 PM
Originally posted by Antec
Columbia assistant coach Kelly Kerlin
will be approved as new Wharton baseball coach at tonight's school board meeting.

Just one of many new faces on the Wharton staff this fall

Any relation to Kolby Kerlin who played for Texas.

Johnnypaycheck
05-20-2008, 04:45 PM
Originally posted by hookandladder
Any relation to Kolby Kerlin who played for Texas.

2nd cousin...

Coby's Grandpa and Kelly's Grandpa were brothers...