PDA

View Full Version : Touching them all

Ranger Mom
05-19-2008, 03:11 PM
This may have already been posted...if so, I apologize, I just got this in my email and cried almost the entire way through.

(I'm so darned emotional in my old age!!:p)

Oh yeah!! This is actually a sports related thread!!

GO ME!!!!!

Touching them all (http://sports.espn.go.com/broadband/video/videopage?videoId=3380875)

kepdawg
05-19-2008, 03:19 PM
:clap:

crzyjournalist03
05-19-2008, 03:23 PM
I'm just glad that it's a sports-related thread. If the title were "touching them all" and it wasn't sports-related, I'd be very scared to open the link.

Ranger Mom
05-19-2008, 03:25 PM
Originally posted by crzyjournalist03
I'm just glad that it's a sports-related thread. If the title were "touching them all" and it wasn't sports-related, I'd be very scared to open the link.

ROFL...I didn't even think about that!! I didn't have a good name, so I just took the name of the video!!!

pirate4state
05-19-2008, 03:25 PM
Is this the softball story?

Ranger Mom
05-19-2008, 03:26 PM
Originally posted by pirate4state
Is this the softball story?

Well...it's a softball story, not sure what you are talking about, but probably one and the same!!

pirate4state
05-19-2008, 03:28 PM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
Well...it's a softball story, not sure what you are talking about, but probably one and the same!! The only recent softball story I know that has to do with "touching them all". ;) There is a thread or two floating around. :p It's a great story!

Ranger Mom
05-19-2008, 03:29 PM
The only recent softball story I know that has to do with "touching them all". ;) There is a thread or two floating around. :p It's a great story!

I did a search...but wasn't really sure what to search for.

kepdawg
05-19-2008, 03:33 PM
The only recent softball story I know that has to do with "touching them all". ;) There is a thread or two floating around. :p It's a great story!

This is better though because I didn't have to read anything!

pirate4state
05-19-2008, 03:46 PM
Originally posted by kepdawg
This is better though because I didn't have to read anything! Well as long as you're happy Kep!

Txbroadcaster
05-19-2008, 03:54 PM
http://bbs.3adownlow.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=81665&highlight=video

:D :D

kepdawg
05-19-2008, 03:58 PM
Originally posted by Txbroadcaster
http://bbs.3adownlow.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=81665&highlight=video

:D :D

You could have picked a more interesting title! ;)

Actually I don't watch any videos if there's just a link. So even if I opened the thread I wouldn't have watched the video. Strange I know!

Sftball4Life
05-19-2008, 04:04 PM
I'm so excited that it was caught on film. We read about it and saw the news broadcast with the interviews right after it happened - but this link to the actual video is just breath-taking.

Yea - I'm crying too! That's probably one of the greatest sports videos ever...

Reds fan
05-19-2008, 04:23 PM
Glad you posted this as I had not seen the actual video footage from the game.

Still a great story of sportsmanship:clap: :clap: :clap: !!!

Gobbla2001
05-19-2008, 07:07 PM
you gotta take the win... you gotta... screw sportsmanship... if I hurt myself running around the bases after launching a deep one, I shouldn't be out there in the first place.

If I were the coach I'd kick those players off of the team for hand-delivering the opposing team the win...

they should put their picture in the dictionary right next to LOSERS!

kepdawg
05-19-2008, 10:29 PM
Originally posted by Gobbla2001
you gotta take the win... you gotta... screw sportsmanship... if I hurt myself running around the bases after launching a deep one, I shouldn't be out there in the first place.

If I were the coach I'd kick those players off of the team for hand-delivering the opposing team the win...

they should put their picture in the dictionary right next to LOSERS!

What are you talking about boy? The game ended 4-2. Only 1 run would have been taken off the board had they not helped her! So the other team helping her did not change the outcome of the game. The rule was misinterpreted and a replacement runner should have been allowed anyway.

zebrablue2
05-19-2008, 10:31 PM
Originally posted by Reds fan
Glad you posted this as I had not seen the actual video footage from the game.

Still a great story of sportsmanship:clap: :clap: :clap: !!!

:iagree:--thanks for posting... :clap:

Gobbla2001
05-19-2008, 10:31 PM
Originally posted by kepdawg
What are you talking about boy? The game ended 4-2. Only 1 run would have been taken off the board had they not helped her! So the other team helping her did not change the outcome of the game. The rule was misinterpreted and a replacement runner should have been allowed anyway.

hell I don't know what I'm talkin' about... I was just trying to be contraversial...

thanks a lot for ruining it :mad:

kepdawg
05-19-2008, 10:32 PM
Originally posted by Gobbla2001
hell I don't know what I'm talkin' about... I was just trying to be contraversial...

thanks a lot for ruining it :mad:

I figured that was probably the case! Oh, well!

Gobble, Gobble!