PDA

View Full Version : Decatur could go Div I

Matthew328
10-20-2003, 09:53 AM
Man Lake Dallas losing to Lake Worth on Friday...this means that the possibility of a bi-district game between Everman-Decatur is a probable...wonder where they'd play this game..if I was Coach Story...I wouldn't care where this game was played as long as it is on grass..heck I'd go to Clark Stadium which would be almost a home game for Everman before I played the Bulldogs at Pennington or Birdville..I think Farrington Field is a much more legitimate possibilty..of course I'd rather take my chances on turf...but that is from a Bulldogs fan point of view...LOL

Chief Woodman
10-20-2003, 10:44 AM
Too early to tell if Lake Dallas will be in playoffs or not. Decatur could be DI or D II. Might come down to the last game of the season to decide. Either way, there are alot of fairly equal teams this year, so it really does not matter which Division Decatur goes to. Still have to line it up and play.

Matthew328
10-20-2003, 10:56 AM
I dunno...LD lost to a bad Lake Worth bunch..I know it's one game but I don't see em beating Sanger or Bridgeport....I think like last year it'll come down to their game against Sanger next week...

Jacket2000
10-20-2003, 11:56 AM
Chief Woodman:
it really does not matter which Division Decatur goes to.Div 2-you get Venus.
Div 1-You get Everman.
You're right, it doesnt matter which one. :rolleyes:
J2K

Chief Woodman
10-20-2003, 01:20 PM
J2K- if you look at it from a perspective of "we hope we can make the playoffs" then you logic is good. But that is not what the guys from Decatur want to do. Therein your logic has a problem. They have a goal of making and winning the Chamionship game. A tall goal, but only two teams do it each year. In order to obtain that goal it does not matter if they go D I or D II. Each has good teams they will have to beat, so it does not matter if it is game 1 or game 3. After all Kennedale who beat Everman will be in D II, so it is illogical say D II is any easier route to the title. There might be a few easier games, but in the larger view, there are still very good teams in each that have to be faced in each division.

Hottogo
10-20-2003, 10:01 PM
I know this is a dumb question, but please tell me what determines if a team goes Division I or Division II. Thanks, Im kind of new at this, but I love football.

wildstangs
10-20-2003, 10:04 PM
Hottogo:
I know this is a dumb question, but please tell me what determines if a team goes Division I or Division II. Thanks, Im kind of new at this, but I love football.No problem man. The school with the largest enrollment (no matter where they finish in the top three) goes into the D1 (Big School) bracket. The other two teams go D2.

MASH4077
10-20-2003, 10:08 PM
Mat tell me why Decatur would'nt want to play on turf?

MASH4077
10-20-2003, 10:20 PM
Here's why we are not afraid. After 7 games.......Dane 1,800 yds passing. McKinney 700 yds rushing. Christian 780 yds recieving. And by the way,last year on turf in the play-offs 2-0. 0-1 on grass.

olddawggreen
10-20-2003, 10:23 PM
wildstangs:
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Hottogo:
<strong>I know this is a dumb question, but please tell me what determines if a team goes Division I or Division II. Thanks, Im kind of new at this, but I love football.No problem man. The school with the largest enrollment (no matter where they finish in the top three) goes into the D1 (Big School) bracket. The other two teams go D2.</strong>[/QU

<small>[ October 20, 2003, 10:26 PM: Message edited by: olddawggreen ]</small>

Hottogo
10-20-2003, 10:29 PM
Thanks

Matthew328
10-21-2003, 07:30 AM
MASH4077:
Mat tell me why Decatur would'nt want to play on turf?Trust me you don't want to play Everman on turf...same thing if you guys went D2 and had to face Kennedale; you prolly wouldn't want them on turf either...not saying Decatur is slow...but I doubt they have the speed across the board that Everman and Kennedale have...therfore when playing fast teams getting them on natural grass would negate their speed somewhat..having seen Everman play for a number of years getting them on turf makes them that much faster..there really is a difference..

Chief Woodman
10-21-2003, 08:54 AM
Decatur may not be a slow as you think. Got two DE that have run down every RB and QB down we have faced. McKinney has not been caught from behind in the open one time this year. Have two RB behind McKinney that are absolute greased lightning and as slippery as Carillo was last year. Both safties are fast and have natural instincts for the ball. It would be a fun game to watch.

Matthew328
10-21-2003, 09:11 AM
I never said Decatur was slow....they likely have pretty good speed...but I doubt they have the speed across the board that Everman or Kennedale have...it isn't a knock on Decatur at all...in fact I haven't seen many teams in 3A faster across the board than Everman or Kennedale..I was just saying if I was playing Everman or Kennedale and I was with Decatur I'd do whatever it took to get Everman or Kennedale on grass...and if it means playing at Clark or Farrington (the 2 biggest grass stadiums in Tarrant County) I'd do it....plus I doubt if FWISD would charge very much for anyone to play there...so it would save both schools some money...LOL

Chief Woodman
10-21-2003, 09:14 AM
Thanks for the clarification. That does make sense.

The One
10-21-2003, 08:58 PM
After seeing Kennedale the last two years and once this year I can definately back up Matt and say that Decatur doesn't want any part of Everman or Kennedale on turf. They definately would stand a better chance on grass. Decatur does have some fast players but when it comes to team speed there is no comparison.

Matthew328
10-22-2003, 07:27 AM
I don't understand why anyone with the exception of a few teams out there would play Everman on turf...I was AMAZED last year when Wylie and Lake Dallas played Everman on turf...even Burnet playing Everman on turf last year surprised me some...at least Monahans and Forney got Everman on field turf which isn't as fast a track as the old artificial stuff...I'm expecting if Everman-Decatur play to see it Farrington Field...it is a logical spot for both schools...

Chief Woodman
10-24-2003, 01:51 PM
What about field turf like Lake Dallas or Northwest? Southlake has the stuff too, but it will probably be busy.

<small>[ October 24, 2003, 01:52 PM: Message edited by: Chief Woodman ]</small>