PDA

View Full Version : Would you be in favor of a "Viscous Dog Insurance" law?

kaorder1999
05-19-2008, 10:21 AM
We were discussing this at work today...What if it became a law that pet owners are forced to carry some kind of insurance if they own a "viscous breed" of dog? Would you be in favor of this?

ronwx5x
05-19-2008, 10:26 AM
Originally posted by kaorder1999
We were discussing this at work today...What if it became a law that pet owners are forced to carry some kind of insurance if they own a "viscous breed" of dog? Would you be in favor of this?

I could never be in favor of owning a "viscous" dog. If they flow slower in the winter, I say shoot them all!:cool: :devil:

Chief Woodman
05-19-2008, 10:39 AM
Some insurance companies will not cover your homeowners insurance if you own a pit bull. What does that tell you?

kaorder1999
05-19-2008, 10:42 AM
Originally posted by Chief Woodman
Some insurance companies will not cover your homeowners insurance if you own a pit bull. What does that tell you?
you are right. my old neighbor was dropped by his home owners insurance because he didnt disclose to them he had a pit. Then he got on with another company and was dropped by them

Black_Magic
05-19-2008, 10:57 AM
Good Idea! Make it so expensive to own a pit bull that only an idiot would get one. Make Fines really hefty.

big daddy russ
05-19-2008, 11:07 AM
Originally posted by Black_Magic
Good Idea! Make it so expensive to own a pit bull that only an idiot would get one. Make Fines really hefty.
That's what I was thinking.

Sweetwater Red
05-19-2008, 11:13 AM
I voted yes but what dogs would be considered vicious breeds?

Pit Bull...and...

BreckTxLonghorn
05-19-2008, 11:15 AM
I only wish I could get viscious wife/girlfriend insurance.

After a day at the mall, my wallet is mauled.:D

kaorder1999
05-19-2008, 11:15 AM
Originally posted by Sweetwater Red
I voted yes but what dogs would be considered vicious breeds?

Pit Bull...and...

that would be up for debate....

Black_Magic
05-19-2008, 11:38 AM
that would be up for debate.... Pit Bull, Doberman, Rotwiler.... How is that for start?

Macarthur
05-19-2008, 11:57 AM
The problem is that insurance will do nothing to bring this kid from Breckinridge back.

By the time insurance has to be used, it's too late.

kaorder1999
05-19-2008, 12:02 PM
Originally posted by Macarthur
The problem is that insurance will do nothing to bring this kid from Breckinridge back.

By the time insurance has to be used, it's too late.
i guess you are right...

Ranger Mom
05-19-2008, 12:05 PM
i guess you are right...

Unless the high premiums cause some people to not have them......although, you know it's going to be like anything else. The one's who have the "good" dogs will be the ones who pay and the one's who have the viscous ones won't.

kaorder1999
05-19-2008, 12:07 PM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
Unless the high premiums cause some people to not have them......although, you know it's going to be like anything else. The one's who have the "good" dogs will be the ones who pay and the one's who have the viscous ones won't.

you are probably very right about that....

kaorder1999
05-19-2008, 12:08 PM
its the irresponsible owners that are ruining it for good pit owners....

caught my punk neighbor one day using his neighbors cat as bait to tyr to get his pit pup aggressive.....

Buccaneer
05-19-2008, 12:43 PM

Too many idiots already have pit bulls!

LionKing
05-19-2008, 12:45 PM

By the time insurance has to be used, it's too late. No, it won't bring the kid back, but maybe it will help deter hearing any more stories such as this.

Black_Magic
05-19-2008, 01:06 PM

By the time insurance has to be used, it's too late. Your right. It wont BUT. It would be a great deterance to getting one and also an acknolegement that your deciding to own a potentialy deadly animal. It would also be a way for Insurance companies to get a signature on a statement stating that you are aware that the animal can be deadly regardless of how you raise them and make it easyer to prosecute them if they did go ahead and get an animal like that that eventualy harmed someone.

JasperDog94
05-19-2008, 01:14 PM
Your right. It wont BUT. It would be a great deterance to getting one and also an acknolegement that your deciding to own a potentialy deadly animal. It would also be a way for Insurance companies to get a signature on a statement stating that you are aware that the animal can be deadly regardless of how you raise them and make it easyer to prosecute them if they did go ahead and get an animal like that that eventualy harmed someone.
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
...you know it's going to be like anything else. The one's who have the "good" dogs will be the ones who pay and the one's who have the viscous ones won't.

kaorder1999
05-19-2008, 01:19 PM
Found this interesting...

All men may be created equal, but not all dogs. Says Katherine Houpt, director of the Animal Behavior Clinic at Cornell and author of Domestic Animal Behavior: "Different breeds have genetic predispositions to certain kinds of behavior, though that can be influenced by how they are raised. The pit bull is an innately aggressive breed, often owned by someone who wants an aggressive dog, so they're going to encourage it."

Pit bulls have been bred specifically to be aggressive. They're descended from the now- extinct old English "bulldogge," a big, tenacious breed used in the brutal early- nineteenth-century sport of bull baiting, in which rowdy spectators watched dogs tear apart an enraged bull. Victorian reformers, concerned about the coarsening effect bull baiting had on its devotees, banned it by the early 1830s, but enterprising bull baiters merely migrated to an equally bloody sport: organized dog fighting.