PDA

View Full Version : Aggies win State Farm Lone Star Showdown

Phil C
05-19-2008, 08:22 AM
Even though the UT baseball team swept the Aggies the Aggies did the same thing regarding Men and Women's Track by getting the points and winning 10.5 to 8.5. Congratulations to the Aggies who have worked hard to improve their sports. Nearly al of the points were well fought for by both schools.

This competition is a win-win situation for both schools in that it should help them to work harder to improve in the overall sports. UT Athletic Directors and Coaches need to get to work now.

BreckTxLonghorn
05-19-2008, 11:03 AM
Congrats to the Ags. I thought after the baseball sweep this weekend, we'd lock it down. Taking track is tough to do against us traditionally, but they did. Congrats again; now its on the HORNS to win it outright to get it back!

bandera7
05-19-2008, 01:22 PM
Unfortunately, this is not given more importance...many people will not look to the Lone Star Showdown as much as they do the football game. Overall excellence of program is measured here, and the winner this year was the Aggies. I am sure that the Longhorns will make a push next year to win it back, should be alot of fun to watch.

kepdawg
05-19-2008, 01:24 PM
Does the winner get an aluminum shoe?

Antec
05-19-2008, 07:10 PM
Its all about State Farm insurance promoting itself

One of the most expensive in the state

GetRDoneStangs
05-19-2008, 07:31 PM
Originally posted by Antec
Its all about State Farm insurance promoting itself

One of the most expensive in the state

I have State Farm and I like my rates........

as far as promoting oneself..........have you ever heard of CAPITALISM??????.........Would you invest in a company that will not promote itself and make a profit???

CueroDad08
05-19-2008, 08:55 PM
Originally posted by Phil C
Even though the UT baseball team swept the Aggies the Aggies did the same thing regarding Men and Women's Track by getting the points and winning 10.5 to 8.5. Congratulations to the Aggies who have worked hard to improve their sports. Nearly al of the points were well fought for by both schools.

This competition is a win-win situation for both schools in that it should help them to work harder to improve in the overall sports. UT Athletic Directors and Coaches need to get to work now.

Not a good way to inter the part of the year when your not playing your best. It will be an early exit in the big show