PDA

View Full Version : Texas A&M Baseball:

HippoBaseball05
05-18-2008, 08:48 PM
2008 Big XII Champions!

:clap:

Emerson1
05-18-2008, 08:51 PM
Wasn't it last year a&m was claiming the big 12 tournament title was more important than the regular season?

eagles_victory
05-18-2008, 08:56 PM
And how being ahead of A&M in the standings means nothing in football when A&M whens the head to head matchup but in baseball it doesnt matter that UT swept them 3-0 because they were higher in the standings. Not trying to ruffle any Aggie feathers but thats how it seems.

HippoBaseball05
05-18-2008, 09:03 PM
Originally posted by Emerson1
Wasn't it last year a&m was claiming the big 12 tournament title was more important than the regular season?

Not me.

But I do recall saying last year that winning your own regional was more important.

Antec
05-18-2008, 10:27 PM
Winning Big 12 Championships is like winning district in high school.

It's all about what you do afterwards in the playoffs.

Mainly for bragging rights

HippoBaseball05
05-18-2008, 10:36 PM
Originally posted by Antec

If you go to Texas Tceh, then I agree. It would be EXACTLY like that.

NastySlot
05-18-2008, 10:56 PM
Originally posted by Antec

It's all about what you do afterwards in the playoffs.

Mainly for bragging rights

really it doesn't mean much...cause the automatic bid comes from the conference tourney winner....something i have never understood...in basketball, baseball and softball you win the one weekend tourney you get the automatic bid...seems to me you should be rewarded for winning during the year.....think about it a team with a losing record wins the conference tourney....cause they play great ball one weekend out of the season and they get the bid. in those smaller conferences the regular season champions often get shafted...like the texas state women did in softball.

Phil C
05-19-2008, 08:18 AM
Originally posted by NastySlot
really it doesn't mean much...cause the automatic bid comes from the conference tourney winner....something i have never understood...in basketball, baseball and softball you win the one weekend tourney you get the automatic bid...seems to me you should be rewarded for winning during the year.....think about it a team with a losing record wins the conference tourney....cause they play great ball one weekend out of the season and they get the bid. in those smaller conferences the regular season champions often get shafted...like the texas state women did in softball.

Have no fear NastySlot. The conference winner will get at least an automatic at large invitation no matter what happens during the Big 12 Tournament.