PDA

View Full Version : Texas Sweeps A&M (merged)

Phil C
05-17-2008, 08:35 PM
Texas won the first game 5 to2. After 7 innings it is the same score. But the Aggies have had chances and had a good hit with one on base the last inning but it wasn't quite enough to go out of the field and it was caught for the final out.
It should be tough. The Aggies have two more chances with 2 innings left and their top batters are coming up.

Phil C
05-17-2008, 08:44 PM
Aggies up to bad in bottom of 8th with the same score. Their best batters are coming up. Austin Wood is still pitching for UT. He has done a good job but also some good defensive play by his teammates have bailed him out of a jam. I am not sure if it is time to have a relief pitcher. We will see.

Phil C
05-17-2008, 08:47 PM
Three up and three down for UT and now it is the nineth inning and UT is batting. The Aggies have one more chance and their player that got their two runs will be coming to bat.

Phil C
05-17-2008, 08:51 PM
UT has two runners at first and second with no outs.

Phil C
05-17-2008, 08:55 PM
Great defense by the Aggies as they get the three outs. Now it is the bottom of the 9th. Can UT hold out? Or will Aggies make a rally? We will see.

Phil C
05-17-2008, 08:59 PM
The Aggie that batted in 2 runs hit a double and is on second base. There is one out.

Phil C
05-17-2008, 09:02 PM
Texas gets second out. One more out and the game is over unless Aggies rally.

Txbroadcaster
05-17-2008, 09:04 PM
could we get a score?

Phil C
05-17-2008, 09:07 PM
Yes it is over. 5 - 2 Texas wins as they get the last out.

Phil C
05-17-2008, 09:08 PM
A great game by both teams. Those that see game 3 in College Station tomorrow should be in for a treat.

Antec
05-17-2008, 09:46 PM
And Kenn Kasparek pitches tomorrow

Bull Butter
05-18-2008, 12:28 AM
Aggies about to get swept into a Big XII Championship!

hookandladder
05-18-2008, 09:19 AM
Amazing that a Texas team that is not very good by Texas standards as some poster has been saying and still takes 2 games from A&M . May make it a sweep today. Go Ken Go, make the purple and white proud. Weimar boy.

Adidas410s
05-18-2008, 10:12 AM
Originally posted by hookandladder
Amazing that a Texas team that is not very good by Texas standards as some poster has been saying and still takes 2 games from A&M . May make it a sweep today. Go Ken Go, make the purple and white proud. Weimar boy. Compared to other Texas teams...they aren't.

3afan
05-18-2008, 03:48 PM
Texas sweeps ........

NastySlot
05-18-2008, 04:07 PM
Amazing that a Texas team that is not very good by Texas standards as some poster has been saying and still takes 2 games from A&M . May make it a sweep today. Go Ken Go, make the purple and white proud. Weimar boy.

so you would say that this texas team is good by texas standards....i think they are just good.......augie will have them ready for the next two tourneys........that weekend off is what he and the horns needed last weekend.........rest.

injuredinmelee
05-18-2008, 04:47 PM
the sweep?

NastySlot
05-18-2008, 05:02 PM
I will ...........congrats to the horns on the sweep and it looks like they might be coming around..............an osu loss tonight and the aggies win the conference outright...........an osu win and the cowboys and aggies share the title........either way its kinda bitter sweet................and nebraska has to be feeling like the aggies had a chance to win it outright also and missed it.............this conference is a pretty dang good one for basebal.........next weekend should be some good ball.

any predictions?........i say OSU and Texas could both make good runs.......OSU cause they have been pretty solid all year.........texas cause give augie some practice time and his players some rest and they are as good as anybody in the conference......proved it this weekend.

pirate4state
05-18-2008, 05:05 PM
Originally posted by injuredinmelee
the sweep?

:rolleyes: grow up!

injuredinmelee
05-18-2008, 05:21 PM
Originally posted by pirate4state
:rolleyes: grow up!

never.

injuredinmelee
05-18-2008, 05:23 PM
Originally posted by NastySlot
I will ...........congrats to the horns on the sweep and it looks like they might be coming around..............an osu loss tonight and the aggies win the conference outright...........an osu win and the cowboys and aggies share the title........either way its kinda bitter sweet................and nebraska has to be feeling like the aggies had a chance to win it outright also and missed it.............this conference is a pretty dang good one for basebal.........next weekend should be some good ball.

any predictions?........i say OSU and Texas could both make good runs.......OSU cause they have been pretty solid all year.........texas cause give augie some practice time and his players some rest and they are as good as anybody in the conference......proved it this weekend.

I dont think Texas has the team to make a run at the Big XII tourney title. Aggies, OSU, Nebraska, and Mizzou are the class of the conference.

hookandladder
05-18-2008, 06:13 PM
I dont think Texas has the team to make a run at the Big XII tourney title. Aggies, OSU, Nebraska, and Mizzou are the class of the conference.

Yes, Texas is pretty bad this year. They just swept the class of the conference at their house. Pretty dumb post.

hookandladder
05-18-2008, 06:18 PM
so you would say that this texas team is good by texas standards....i think they are just good.......augie will have them ready for the next two tourneys........that weekend off is what he and the horns needed last weekend.........rest.

I say this team is very talented also, maybe not as good as most years but still good enough to make a run if they can keep playing the way they are now. Augie is finding the right combination of players, some times it takes a while but lookout here they come. I still hope to see them in Omaha.

hookandladder
05-18-2008, 06:21 PM
Originally posted by Adidas410s
Compared to other Texas teams...they aren't.

The season is not over remember it's not how your arrive it's how you finish.

Phil C
05-18-2008, 07:31 PM
The season is not over remember it's not how your arrive it's how you finish.

Right you are hook! In college baseball the playoffs are like another season.

zebrablue2
05-18-2008, 08:02 PM
the sweep?

:tongue:

CueroDad08
05-18-2008, 08:27 PM
WOW
Would have lost an arm and a leg if I would have bet on these three games.

Just a mess. from Texas is to just who is the best in Texas STILL

GetRDoneStangs
05-18-2008, 08:35 PM
Its too bad only ONE team from Texas will have the BRASS to show who is Tops in the Big 12!!

NastySlot
05-18-2008, 08:36 PM
I think texas has a pretty solid team...i wouldn't call a&m the class of the conference.....augie didn't like the new schedule this season it took away from his practices.....texas will be fine...a&m will be fine also...they did great up till the past two weekends...heck i think they were pick 4th or 5th in conference.....give the aggies and horns a few days of rest and lets see what happens for both in the tourney.

NastySlot
05-18-2008, 08:37 PM
oh yeah...osu lost game three today to the sooners.....nebraska was swept by mizzou.......so the aggies lost their way to a title this weekend...like i said before....kinda bitter sweet.

GetRDoneStangs
05-18-2008, 08:38 PM
I think texas has a pretty solid team...i wouldn't call a&m the class of the conference.....augie didn't like the new schedule this season it took away from his practices.....texas will be fine...a&m will be fine also...they did great up till the past two weekends...heck i think they were pick 4th or 5th in conference.....give the aggies and horns a few days of rest and lets see what happens for both in the tourney.

:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

injuredinmelee
05-18-2008, 08:58 PM
Yes, Texas is pretty bad this year. They just swept the class of the conference at their house. Pretty dumb post.

too bad they couldnt play that well all year. Getting hammered by teams with inferior talent.

CueroDad08
05-18-2008, 09:36 PM
Originally posted by GetRDoneStangs
Its too bad only ONE team from Texas will have the BRASS to show who is Tops in the Big 12!!

Lets see how many would we even guess the Longhorns may have in the trophy room?

Bull Butter
05-18-2008, 09:42 PM
Originally posted by CueroDad08
WOW
Would have lost an arm and a leg if I would have bet on these three games.

Just a mess. from Texas is to just who is the best in Texas STILL

Rice Owls:)

zebrablue2
05-18-2008, 10:14 PM
oh yeah...osu lost game three today to the sooners.....nebraska was swept by mizzou.......so the aggies lost their way to a title this weekend...like i said before....kinda bitter sweet.

what the heck do you mean lost their way to the title? it does not come down to one series, it is all a part of the big 12 season. it is very sweet to win this battle zone of a conferece title. I give the ags their due. good season and congrats to texas a & m university. the team earned it...........

Antec
05-18-2008, 10:23 PM
Big 12 Tournament is only about money and nothing else.

Just like Basketball and softball

Everyone knows who the top teams are anyway.

NastySlot
05-18-2008, 11:03 PM
Originally posted by zebrablue2
what the heck do you mean lost their way to the title? it does not come down to one series, it is all a part of the big 12 season. it is very sweet to win this battle zone of a conferece title. I give the ags their due. good season and congrats to texas a & m university. the team earned it...........

they need to win one out the last five conference games to claim the championship...........after winning 16 in a row they can't win one.........maybe it's just my frustration.....but they didn't go out and finish the job.........believe me i'm happy with whats going on in college station with all sports.....but i would have liked for them to have gone and won the title with a win in their final five games.

like i said maybe im a little frustrated with the way the regular season ended.

WOS87
05-18-2008, 11:25 PM
How the Top 8 fared this weekend...

#1 - Miami (1-2) Lost series to #2 North Carolina (12-2, 6-10, 11-12)
#2 - North Carolina (2-1) Won series over #1 Miami (2-12, 10-6, 12-11)
#3 - Florida State (2-1) Won series over #23 NC State (2-12, 1-0, 8-1)
#4 - Arizona State (3-0) Swept Washington (13-3, 11-4, 13-7)
#5 - Rice (3-0) Swept Tulane (6-0, 8-4, 6-2)
#6 - Nebraske (0-3) Swept by #15 Missouri (1-8, 9-22, 3-7)
#7 - Texas A&M (0-3) Swept by Texas (2-5, 2-5, 3-6)
#8 - Oklahoma State (2-1) Won series over Oklahoma (7-1, 11-1, 4-10)