PDA

View Full Version : Needville vs. Robinson (softball)

18handicap
05-16-2008, 09:05 PM
Top 4th

Robinson 000 = 0-1-2
Needville 130 = 4-7-0

Needville left bases loaded in 3rd.

18handicap
05-16-2008, 09:22 PM
5th

Robinson 000 00= 0-1-2
Needville 130 0 = 4-8-0

Reds fan
05-16-2008, 09:26 PM
Sounds like Lady Jays playin' their game, lots of runners and speed!

18handicap
05-16-2008, 10:05 PM
Final

Needville 4, Robinson 0

Robinson 000 000 0 = 0-2-2
Needville 130 000 x = 4-9-0

Needville will play Huntington next week.

zebrablue2
05-16-2008, 10:06 PM
Originally posted by 18handicap
Final

Needville 4, Robinson 0

Robinson 000 000 0 = 0-2-2
Needville 130 000 x = 4-9-0

Needville will play Huntington next week.

congrats lady jays. will be a great game next week...

pirate4state
05-17-2008, 12:39 AM
What's the deal with Huntington? Sounds like they'll need to find their bats to beat Needville! :thinking: :thinking:

18handicap
05-17-2008, 08:55 AM
I want to thank everyone from Needville and Robinson for a great night of softball in College Station last night. We did a lot of work to get the field dry and in pretty good shape. It was a huge crowd (right about 500 was my count from tickets and passes) and everybody was very cordial with each other while really supporting their teams all night. It was nice as the administrator to not have to have any issues all evening.

On a side note, my girls worked our temporary concession stand while our new fieldhouse / concessions / restrooms are under construction and especially my freshmen were amazed at the number of people at the game. That's a big difference between smaller towns and city schools. While I really like my position in a AAAAA school in College Station where we do have great fan support, I do somewhat miss the huge following the smaller schools have.

coxjj
05-17-2008, 11:11 AM
Originally posted by 18handicap
I want to thank everyone from Needville and Robinson for a great night of softball in College Station last night. We did a lot of work to get the field dry and in pretty good shape. It was a huge crowd (right about 500 was my count from tickets and passes) and everybody was very cordial with each other while really supporting their teams all night. It was nice as the administrator to not have to have any issues all evening.

On a side note, my girls worked our temporary concession stand while our new fieldhouse / concessions / restrooms are under construction and especially my freshmen were amazed at the number of people at the game. That's a big difference between smaller towns and city schools. While I really like my position in a AAAAA school in College Station where we do have great fan support, I do somewhat miss the huge following the smaller schools have.

18handicap, y'all did a great a job in getting the field in top-notch shape. You had a lot of rain in the past couple of days, but you never would have known it. Obviously a lot of work was done and it showed. It was a great place to play. A big part of not having any issues was the host school being well-prepared and not giving anyone anything to complain about. Nice job!!

Reds fan
05-17-2008, 11:41 AM
Originally posted by pirate4state
What's the deal with Huntington? Sounds like they'll need to find their bats to beat Needville! :thinking: :thinking:

Needville - Huntington matchup looks tremendous. Huntington yet to allow a run in their playoff run! Needville puts pressure on every defense they face....This is gonna be a great one!!!

3aSoftball4Mom
05-17-2008, 01:27 PM
:clap: :clap: :clap:

Congratulations Coach Mo and the Lady Jays!!!

You're representing D-24 quite well. Keep up the intensity all the way! Only 8 teams left!

As always thanks coxjj for the frequent updates during the game, I know how busy you are. :D

Good luck next week vs Huntington for the
Region III Championship.
:cheerl: :cheerl: :cheerl: :cheerl:

jayfan1
05-17-2008, 02:08 PM
Way to go Lady Jays. You make Needville and Needville High School proud !! Do you know where and when next?

jayfan1
05-17-2008, 02:09 PM
And congrats to the baseball team on a fine season!! You represented Needville well.

18handicap
05-17-2008, 10:54 PM
Thanks for the compliments. It was nice having our temp office real close with the downlow and texasprepsoftball up on the computer where I could update the score every couple of innings. I know its a long shot, but I would like to host a regional final next weekend.