PDA

View Full Version : knee probs

BuffyMars
05-16-2008, 03:40 PM
i started running again about 3 weeks ago, and i personally like to run everyday if i can.

but this past week has been HORRIBLE!

terry and i are both trying to figure out what is going on with my knees.

i was diagnosed about 4 years ago with patello femoral syndrome....which is truly a mystery. doctors don't really know what it is or what the cause is and they certainly don't know how to treat it with anything other than a few stretching exercises to "help lessen" the pain.

now i don't know if thats solely what my problem is.

i have been icing and biofreezing the hell out of my knees and all down my shins.

but it takes about 2 days of low activity to get my knees movin and groovin again.

i have been taking some glucosamine chondroitin and msm....but it doesn't seem to be doing the trick. and i am maxxed out on aleve.

the pain and inflammation is still there.

does anyone have any home remedies they use to help alleviate the pain?

i just want to be able to run on a daily basis. :crying:

Emerson1
05-16-2008, 03:52 PM
Want me to come give you a massage?

BuffyMars
05-16-2008, 03:56 PM
Originally posted by Emerson1
Want me to come give you a massage?

for some reason having you ask that while i was looking at your avatar made me lol.

nobogey72
05-16-2008, 04:06 PM
Originally posted by BuffyMars
i started running again about 3 weeks ago, and i personally like to run everyday if i can.

but this past week has been HORRIBLE!

terry and i are both trying to figure out what is going on with my knees.

i was diagnosed about 4 years ago with patello femoral syndrome....which is truly a mystery. doctors don't really know what it is or what the cause is and they certainly don't know how to treat it with anything other than a few stretching exercises to "help lessen" the pain.

now i don't know if thats solely what my problem is.

i have been icing and biofreezing the hell out of my knees and all down my shins.

but it takes about 2 days of low activity to get my knees movin and groovin again.

i have been taking some glucosamine chondroitin and msm....but it doesn't seem to be doing the trick. and i am maxxed out on aleve.

the pain and inflammation is still there.

does anyone have any home remedies they use to help alleviate the pain?

i just want to be able to run on a daily basis. :crying:

from Major Payne----"You want me to show you a little trick?"

I know this isn't what you want to hear but, you probably need to find something else to do besides run. Especially if you are already having problems. Nobody in the world loved and would still love to be able to run more than me. But, being on the verge of having replacement surgery I wish I had quit long time ago. There are lots of other things you can do. I promise one of these days you'll look back and wish you hadn't kept on running.:(

BuffyMars
05-16-2008, 04:07 PM
Originally posted by nobogey72
from Major Payne----"You want me to show you a little trick?"

I know this isn't what you want to hear but, you probably need to find something else to do besides run. Especially if you are already having problems. Nobody in the world loved and would still love to be able to run more than me. But, being on the verge of having replacement surgery I wish I had quit long time ago. There are lots of other things you can do. I promise one of these days you'll look back and wish you hadn't kept on running.:(

:bigcry: that stinks!!!!! :bigcry:

nobogey72
05-16-2008, 04:18 PM
Originally posted by BuffyMars
:bigcry: that stinks!!!!! :bigcry:

Believe me, I know. I use an eliptical machine religiously and I can sweat and get my heart rate up and everything, but, it is still not the same as running. :mad: :mad:

If what you were diagnosed with is what I think it is, then your knees are trying to dislocate. To compensate, your body does some weird things that will eventually cause hip and ankle and even back problems. I'm tellin' ya', it's not worth it. :( :(

BuffyMars
05-16-2008, 04:21 PM
Believe me, I know. I use an eliptical machine religiously and I can sweat and get my heart rate up and everything, but, it is still not the same as running. :mad: :mad:

If what you were diagnosed with is what I think it is, then your knees are trying to dislocate. To compensate, your body does some weird things that will eventually cause hip and ankle and even back problems. I'm tellin' ya', it's not worth it. :( :(

yeah i am trying to talk terry into getting us one. cause he really doesn't need to be running either. 13 knee operations.

Chief Woodman
05-16-2008, 04:27 PM
I think you need another exam before you make a final decision. Maybe one of the young guys here are the hands on type and can help ya out. :p

CHS_CG
05-16-2008, 08:07 PM
I have a bad problem with my knees as well that the doctors dont know what to do about.. or atleast they didnt when I was in high school.. I have something where my muscles arent completely attached to my knee caps so they move more to the sides than they are supposed to. They gave me a weight set I put around my ankles and sit on the floor with my leg straight and my foot turned out slightly and lift off the floor. It was supposed to help strengthen*sp* the muscles but it just ended up making things hurt more. They finally gave me some Naproxen*sp* which is basiclly aleve which helped for a while but after a while it stops working.. I hope they figure out whats going on with ya buffy! Get well soon!

BobcatBenny
05-16-2008, 11:32 PM
I had a knee problem.

Them dang girls kept putting 'em in my crotchal region. :(

So, I gave up running as started singing soprano.

nobogey72
05-17-2008, 06:33 AM
Originally posted by BobcatBenny
I had a knee problem.

Them dang girls kept putting 'em in my crotchal region. :(

So, I gave up running as started singing soprano.

I don't blame those girls Benny. NO MEANS NO !!!!!.:tisk: :tisk: :D

BobcatBenny
05-17-2008, 02:28 PM
I don't blame those girls Benny. NO MEANS NO !!!!!.:tisk: :tisk: :D
Well, that is what I always believed. So I figured I just wouldn't ask. :)

Unfortunately, those gal's fathers kept teaching their daughters to deliver their "No" along with a knee. :mad: