PDA

View Full Version : To Marlin

Brahma73
12-06-2003, 08:45 PM
Rudy Tomjanovich, former Houston Rockets coach once said, "Never underestimate the heart of a champion."
This applies to you, Marlin. You came in with a job to do Friday night and you took care of business. You did it with emotion, desire, determination, perseverance and class. You are an incredibly talented and well-coached team and I congratulate you whole-heartedly. You did your homework in preparing for perhaps the finest team Bellville has ever assembled. You played with confidence in knowing you knew your opponent. Your defense was tenacious. Your offense was formidable. I especially congratulate the efforts of your young QB. Jeremy, you're a player of great poise and courage, and you have obviously earned the respect of your teammates.

I bleed for my Brahmas, especially my kin, #2. J. B. I'm so proud of your efforts these last two years. You are our leader and you inspire and elevate all those around you. You are a winner in every way.

To all the seniors on our team, God's speed to you. You've done us all proud and you'll grow enormously from both your wins and your losses. These accomplishments will be some to treasure for the rest of your lives. Keep them near to your hearts.

Bulldogs, I wish you the best in the final four. Your deserve your place there and I will be pulling for you.

Thanks to both the Bulls and the Dawgs for another true Texas High School Football classic.

marlin fan
12-06-2003, 08:49 PM
Thanks Brahma73. Bellville very good. yall kept me all night with excitement. your boys should very proud of their selfs they have had a great season. Good luck next year Brahmas.

FormerBellvilleBrahma
12-06-2003, 09:12 PM
I second that 73, Good luck to Marlin, looks like its the year of the Bulldog!
73 check PM.

Bull's-eye
12-06-2003, 09:19 PM
Well said 73!!!!!!!!

BrahmaMom
12-06-2003, 11:03 PM
Ditto from this BrahmaMom--go Marlin!

FranksBullDog
12-06-2003, 11:20 PM
To Brahma73 Everyone in Marlin is very grateful for the win and we know it was a game just like last year that could have gone either way.Words do not describe how impressed i was with BV players.

Bellville22
12-06-2003, 11:59 PM
You couldn't have said it any better, 73. I told you we'd be in for a fight Friday night. This is a special football team, and they've earned their shot at the title. Best of luck to them in the final four of surprise teams. All 4 games were "upsets." Goes to show the value of polls and picks in a high school playoff setting :rolleyes: .