PDA

View Full Version : crazyjournalist!!!

Texasfootball2
05-16-2008, 11:22 AM
I was just thinking last night about our Rangers discussion involving the Blalock return. Here's my new idea. Put Blalock on first base and leave Ramon at third and ride the streak and good defensive carma as long as you can. Blalock could possibly do what Texeria did. Tex moved from third to first and became an outstanding first baseman. It could be a great career move for the injury prone Blalock. What do you think?

crzyjournalist03
05-16-2008, 11:26 AM
Originally posted by Texasfootball2
I was just thinking last night about our Rangers discussion involving the Blalock return. Here's my new idea. Put Blalock on first base and leave Ramon at third and ride the streak and good defensive carma as long as you can. Blalock could possibly do what Texeria did. Tex moved from third to first and became an outstanding first baseman. It could be a great career move for the injury prone Blalock. What do you think?

not a bad idea at all...haven't thought of that.

I actually think Vazquez played a little bit of first last year, so the transition might be a little easier for him to move over there, especially if it turns out that Blalock's hamstring issues might linger. Vazquez is probably more suited right now to stretch and dig balls out of the dirt on throws. Looks like Vazquez will stay in the lineup at least for a while longer since Blalock got pulled from his rehab start yesterday with soreness.

Texasfootball2
05-16-2008, 11:37 AM
Originally posted by crzyjournalist03
not a bad idea at all...haven't thought of that.

I actually think Vazquez played a little bit of first last year, so the transition might be a little easier for him to move over there, especially if it turns out that Blalock's hamstring issues might linger. Vazquez is probably more suited right now to stretch and dig balls out of the dirt on throws. Looks like Vazquez will stay in the lineup at least for a while longer since Blalock got pulled from his rehab start yesterday with soreness.

I think it would depend on how the farm system is at third and first. If there talking about pulling up the Durans and players like that, Blalock would be a better long term move to first. If they have some really good first base prospects in the minors then move Ramon. I like having Shelton and Cat Man on the roster because that provide good depth and pop off the bench but Neither seems to be the answer at first even in a platoon situation like they have been in.

kepdawg
05-16-2008, 12:04 PM
I think it would depend on how the farm system is at third and first. If there talking about pulling up the Durans and players like that, Blalock would be a better long term move to first. If they have some really good first base prospects in the minors then move Ramon. I like having Shelton and Cat Man on the roster because that provide good depth and pop off the bench but Neither seems to be the answer at first even in a platoon situation like they have been in.

Chris Davis (http://rangers.scout.com/2/677850.html)

Davis is at 1B for Frisco right now.

Games 37
Average .340
AB 150
Runs 35
Hits 51
2B 10
3B 0
HR 10
RBI 33
TB 91
BB 12
SO 37
SLG .607
OBP .384

Texasfootball2
05-16-2008, 12:09 PM
Originally posted by kepdawg

Games 37
Average .340
AB 150
Runs 35
Hits 51
2B 10
3B 0
HR 10
RBI 33
TB 91
BB 12
SO 37
SLG .607
OBP .384
Chris Davis ---:thinking: thrid baseman:thinking: Blalock to first is my vote:2thumbsup

crzyjournalist03
05-16-2008, 12:10 PM
Originally posted by kepdawg

Games 37
Average .340
AB 150
Runs 35
Hits 51
2B 10
3B 0
HR 10
RBI 33
TB 91
BB 12
SO 37
SLG .607
OBP .384

Compares favorably to Mark Teixeira's minor league numbers.

Davis will be on this team next year at the latest, and may get a shot this year if the revolving door continues. He's the long-term solution.

crzyjournalist03
05-16-2008, 12:11 PM
Chris Davis ---:thinking: thrid baseman:thinking: Blalock to first is my vote:2thumbsup

Davis switched positions in spring training, and is an everyday first baseman now, and doing it quite well.

Texasfootball2
05-16-2008, 12:23 PM
At the moment Frisco seems to -have some great prospects putting up great numbers. Makes the decision making process very tough for the Rangers as roster moves have to be made and in some cases they have to decide to promote or not to promote guys who's performance merit them a chance at the bigs. It is a double edge sword for Daniels, but a great problem to have. As long as the Rangers are in the race I doubt will see any drastic moves but if they go into another slide before the all star break and get 10+ games behind, I could see them making lots of changes.

My biggest fear right now is that they will be in the thick of things at the all star break and they will trade some great young prospect for veterans who will only be around 3 or 4 months. They always seem to get hosed in mid season trades. Last year wasn't to bad, the players they got for Tex are paying dividends already with more down the road. The positive side to that is they do have some quality tradeable prospects though. I just hope they make the right call.