PDA

View Full Version : Bout to find out if Brian Loncar is really the "Strong Arm" attorney he says he is...

kaorder1999
05-16-2008, 10:50 AM
Attorney Brian Loncar injured after Bentley collides with fire engine 10:40 AM CT

10:44 AM CDT on Friday, May 16, 2008
By TANYA EISERER / The Dallas Morning News
teiserer@dallasnews.com

Prominent attorney Brian Loncar was injured Thursday night when a fire engine collided with his Bentley in the Oak Lawn area, Dallas police said.

Mr. Loncar, 47, was transported to Parkland Memorial Hospital. His condition was not immediately available.

The accident happened shortly before 7 p.m. as a fire truck responding to an alarm headed northbound on Lemmon Avenue, police said.

With its lights and sirens on, the fire engine went through a red light at the intersection of Lomo Alto Drive and collided with the driver's side of Mr. Loncar's 2008 Bentley, which was heading west.

The force of the accident pushed his car through the intersection, spinning off the road and into a third vehicle carrying a woman and three children.

Firefighters and those in the third vehicle suffered minor injuries, but no one was transported to the hospital, police said.

Dallas police Lt. Scott Bratcher said that the accident remains under investigation. But he said the accident will likely be ruled as Mr. Loncar's fault because he "failed to yield right of way to an emergency vehicle."

Mr. Loncar is a well-known attorney whose Web site advises people to call in the “Strong Arm” when a person has been injured “due to the negligence or misconduct of another person.”

Dallas Fire-Rescue spokeswoman Sherrie Lopez said the fire engine contained 500 gallons of water and also suffered damage to the right side of the vehicle. Ms. Lopez did not have an estimate of the damage but said the truck would have to be returned to the manufacturer for repair.

Chief Woodman
05-16-2008, 12:53 PM
Funny you should show this here as we just had a discussion about this at work. This case will have a direct impact on some Fire Department's emergency driving policies. What we all think we know about the State law and emergency vehicle response will soon be challenged. I'll bet there are a few surprises in store for many of us.

kaorder1999
05-16-2008, 12:54 PM
this happens all the time and the drivers who do not yield for the emergency vehicle gets cited for it. Will be interesting to see what happens now that he was hit and it will more than likely be ruled his fault.

Adidas410s
05-16-2008, 01:17 PM
I just wanna know what he was doing in the OakLawn/Lemmon area. :eek::eek::eek:

Oak Lawn is known for being the Dallas/Fort Worth Metroplex's center for gay- and lesbian-themed entertainment. The area boasts a host of Dallas' most renowned gay bars and nightclubs, including Station 4 (formerly The Village Station), The Brick, Woody's (formerly Moby Dick's), J.R.'s, Sue Ellen's (recently opened in the now-defunct Throckmorton Mining Company's old location), Havana, The Round-Up Saloon, Mickey's, Illusions, Pekers (formerly The Side 2 Bar and Phases), Zippers, Crews Inn, Pub Pegasus, The Hidden Door, The Tin Room and The Hideaway, most of which are located along, or close to, Cedar Springs Road. Oak Lawn is contiguous with the Dallas Design District, and so much of the area conveys a very "artsy" and upscale feeling. The sight of Rainbow flags hanging in front of businesses and homes is not uncommon here.

pirate4state
05-16-2008, 01:17 PM
I wonder if there was a lawyer waiting to give him his card? :thinking: ROFL

rangerjim
05-16-2008, 01:19 PM
He may have been rear ended just before this accident??????

kaorder1999
05-16-2008, 01:26 PM
Originally posted by rangerjim

:eek: :eek: :eek:

BuffyMars
05-16-2008, 01:35 PM
HE DRIVES A BENTLEY!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :mad:

he ripped my g-ma off. granted she was a elbeetcho....no wait.....that's all i got. nvm.

Adidas410s
05-16-2008, 01:39 PM
Originally posted by rangerjim

http://www.texastech.rivals.com/images/smilies/roll.gif

Phantom Stang
05-16-2008, 01:54 PM
Originally posted by kaorder1999
this happens all the time and the drivers who do not yield for the emergency vehicle gets cited for it. Will be interesting to see what happens now that he was hit and it will more than likely be ruled his fault.
Maybe not, if he calls "The Texas Hammer" Jim Adler!!:D

bullfrog_alumni_02
05-16-2008, 02:37 PM
Originally posted by Phantom Stang
Maybe not, if he calls "The Texas Hammer" Jim Adler!!:D together they could be the "thor" of the courtroom!:D

Txbroadcaster
05-16-2008, 02:40 PM
Originally posted by bullfrog_alumni_02
together they could be the "thor" of the courtroom!:D

no they would be the Arm & Hammer of the law

ronwx5x
05-16-2008, 02:42 PM
Originally posted by Txbroadcaster

Good one. I'm very impressed:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Phantom Stang
05-16-2008, 02:49 PM
Originally posted by Txbroadcaster
Greatness!!:2thumbsup

BwdLions
05-16-2008, 03:10 PM
What does a Bentley sell for these days? I guess he's been doing okay. What percentage does he make on his cases, about 40%?

ronwx5x
05-16-2008, 03:13 PM
Originally posted by BwdLions
What does a Bentley sell for these days? I guess he's been doing okay. What percentage does he make on his cases, about 40%?

All you Brownwood people ever think about is money. Don't you ever think about football?:taunt: :stirpot:

Chief Woodman
05-16-2008, 04:19 PM
Originally posted by kaorder1999

The rest of the story...does anyone here actually know what the State law says concerning emergency vehicles going through negative right of way intersections? In other words if you were driving the fire truck and you come to a red light, what MUST you do before proceeding?